Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS has McGlinchey falling to us at 21..
I am jumping on this pick in a heartbeat....Center in 2nd round.....Shores up RT and gives a backup plan if Glenn is not a go at any point...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2018-nfl-mock-draft-giants-trade-down-then-up-as-qbs-go-1-2-3/
Reply/Quote
Yep. He probably would perform better on right side.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 04:32 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I am jumping on this pick in a heartbeat....Center in 2nd round.....Shores up RT and gives a backup plan if Glenn is not a go at any point...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2018-nfl-mock-draft-giants-trade-down-then-up-as-qbs-go-1-2-3/

Makes a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote
Definately my ideal scenario, McGlinchey and then Price in the 2nd, but would take Ragnow in a heartbeat as well.

I think one of these guys will fall to 46. We get these guys and this O-line will be looking pretty damn great.

I know people want Hernandez but great OT's are harder to find than great OG's.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately my ideal scenario, McGlinchey and then Price in the 2nd, but would take Ragnow in a heartbeat as well.

I think one of these guys will fall to 46. We get these guys and this O-line will be looking pretty damn great.

Hmm.. if he is falling down the draft board.. not sure if we can put "great" OT in this post
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 09:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hmm.. if he is falling down the draft board.. not sure if we can put "great" OT in this post

Great players fall down the board every Draft...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 09:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hmm.. if he is falling down the draft board.. not sure if we can put "great" OT in this post

I think he is pretty comparable to Solder. Who went 17th in his draft. And is now the highest paid tackle in the NFL. 

He wont be great until he earns it. But the questions around him are less concerning than the other top tackles.

With fisher ogbuehi and hart behind glenn. The top rated tackle should be high on our wish list
Reply/Quote
Would rather draft center at 21, and Cappa in the 3rd

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately my ideal scenario, McGlinchey and then Price in the 2nd, but would take Ragnow in a heartbeat as well.

That would be amazing. I may pass out if this were to happen.

(03-20-2018, 10:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great players fall down the board every Draft...
Correct.. It can be for various reasons including bad, but a lot of the time it just has to do with team needs and BPA. Every team that passes on McGlinchey isn't necessarily thinking he wont be a good OT in the NFL.

I look at a player falling to us as a blessing, not so much a, "everyone else passed on him so we should have too". Sometimes we just get 'lucky'. #CarlLawson
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

Yea, as we know, if you're drafted lower than the top 10, you're trash, right?
Reply/Quote
Not only does it make sense because of the lack of performance at RT, but also Fisher and Ogbuehi are both in the final year of their contracts. Plus, McGlinchey has versatility to play LT if Glenn happens to be out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I absolutely love the idea of getting McGlinchey in the first and then Price, Daniels or Ragnow in the 2nd. That would definitely be my dream scenario at this point.

I think we should probably take a Center in the first just to ensure we have a high quality starter there, but the value of McGlinchey may be too high.

My "less of a pipe dream" scenario is something like:
1. Price/Daniels
2. Connor Williams or Orlando Brown

Either way, we get our new starting Center and our new starting RT/Back up LT in case Glenn is injured.

Williams and Brown are too big of a risk to take in the first, but they both offer some impressive value in the 2nd round (considering Williams was considered a top 10 talent after the 2016 season and Brown was considered a top 10 pick during this season).
Reply/Quote
I kind of prefer Evans (LB is still an issue), Center, then Brown in the 3rd or 4th. I think you get Brown on the team for a year and he can eventually be the RT we need.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: I kind of prefer Evans (LB is still an issue), Center, then Brown in the 3rd or 4th. I think you get Brown on the team for a year and he can eventually be the RT we need.

I will be happy with a number of scenarios.   And for the record I would be thrilled with Evans.  But I seriously doubt Brown is even there by the time we pick in the 2nd much less the third.

But if we got Evans, Ragnow and Brown I'd have to embarrass my children by doing the Daddy Dance right there in the living room, and maybe spilling out into the front yard.
Reply/Quote
Easy pass for me. I would rather shore up the WORST position on this team then draft a rotational backup guy.

Top flight centers come around every couple of years, we need to get one this year.

That being said, I still don't see much of a difference between McGlinchey and the other top 5 rated tackles. We could just as easily take one of them in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote