Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS has us beating KC
How about them apples
Reply/Quote
I hope he is calling out Austin because he has been horrible.

What I find interesting is they keep talking about how the Steelers did max protect. If thats th case then that means less receiving options, yet guys continued to be WIDE OPEN. So many uncontested catches especially over the middle. Either the players are just that bad or its a scheme issue.

I think it all reflects back to Austin.
Reply/Quote
Jesus don't let the Chiefs fans see this. They don't think the Chiefs players will even get a good sweat going in this game. Mahomes is pretty much the GOAT already, and every last one of them thinks Andy is trash. Which means they don't actually watch any football outside of their bubble and listen to what someone else says. Now I think the Chiefs will win this, but the fan base is kinda off their rocker a bit.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 01:05 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I hope he is calling out Austin because he has been horrible.

What I find interesting is they keep talking about how the Steelers did max protect. If thats th case then that means less receiving options, yet guys continued to be WIDE OPEN. So many uncontested catches especially over the middle. Either the players are just that bad or its a scheme issue.

I think it all reflects back to Austin.

I must have been watching a different game.  What I saw were most every pass to a WR was contested.  Ben didn't really get much going, until he started checking down to the TEs.  That's what they do.  They force you to cover deep with your DBs, leaving the underneath and middle of the field open for the backs and TEs. That is why Baltimore and Cleveland tend to match up well with the Steelers, they have the LBs to cover those routes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 12:54 PM)motoarch Wrote: How about them apples

Out of curiousity, what is their record in picking games this year? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bills have won games this season....anything can happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 01:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jesus don't let the Chiefs fans see this.  They don't think the Chiefs players will even get a good sweat going in this game.  Mahomes is pretty much the GOAT already, and every last one of them thinks Andy is trash.  Which means they don't actually watch any football outside of their bubble and listen to what someone else says.  Now I think the Chiefs will win this, but the fan base is kinda off their rocker a bit.

They've got a winning team that has dominated (until this past Sunday), and now the Bengals, who collapsed like a flan in a cupboard Sunday, are coming to town.  The whole of NFL fandom knows Merv's teams (nearly) always shit the bed in primetime games.  So, what's not to be excited about if you're a Chefs fan?  

And, outside of this fanbase and some charitable folks in Buffalo, yeah, pretty much most NFL fans think Andy is mediocre at best, or just outright trash. Read the postings on NFL.com of whatever team we're playing in a given week and the Red Rifle doesn't get a lot of respect.  Not saying they're right, just saying it's a pretty popular opinion outside of the 513, so folks in KS/MO are certainly no different in that regard. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 07:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: They've got a winning team that has dominated (until this past Sunday), and now the Bengals, who collapsed like a flan in a cupboard Sunday, are coming to town.  The whole of NFL fandom knows Merv's teams (nearly) always shit the bed in primetime games.  So, what's not to be excited about if you're a Chefs fan?  

And, outside of this fanbase and some charitable folks in Buffalo, yeah, pretty much most NFL fans think Andy is mediocre at best, or just outright trash. Read the postings on NFL.com of whatever team we're playing in a given week and the Red Rifle doesn't get a lot of respect.  Not saying they're right, just saying it's a pretty popular opinion outside of the 513, so folks in KS/MO are certainly no different in that regard. 

The Chiefs do that thing where they start out with a bang and end up with a fizzle.  You'd think their fans would know this.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 07:44 PM)McC Wrote: The Chiefs do that thing where they start out with a bang and end up with a fizzle.  You'd think their fans would know this.

We all know it.  The question is, are they there yet?  Or, do they have one more mirage in them until they hit the inevitable skids? If they'd beat NE, I'd be more inclined to think reality was about to hit.  But, here's hoping.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 12:54 PM)motoarch Wrote: How about them apples

What Im hearing is CBS obviously doesn't know the Bengals! Someone will be keeping a low profile going into work Monday morning!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 07:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We all know it.  The question is, are they there yet?  Or, do they have one more mirage in them until they hit the inevitable skids? If they'd beat NE, I'd be more inclined to think reality was about to hit.  But, here's hoping.

I'm not even suggesting it's time for that to happen.  I don't think this will be that week, but who knows.  But it will eventually.  Seems like injuries usually play a part.   I was just saying you'd think Chiefs fans would know to keep their euphoria in check this early in the year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I can’t wait for my bookie to open the player prop bets. Everybody is getting an OVER bet.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 02:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Bills have won games this season....anything can happen.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but the Bills defense has 6 more sacks, 6 more forced fumbles, and is giving up 311.7 points per game compared to the Bengals 30th place 409.2 yards per game. Their defense is objectively better, and their defensive coaching staff could coach circles around Austin's crew. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 10:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Don't mean to derail the thread, but the Bills defense has 6 more sacks, 6 more forced fumbles, and is giving up 311.7 points per game compared to the Bengals 30th place 409.2 yards per game. Their defense is objectively better, and their defensive coaching staff could coach circles around Austin's crew. 

This is depressing. Arguably the worst team in the league has a better defense than us.

They might have actually been decent if Peterman wasn’t so terrible.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 10:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Don't mean to derail the thread, but the Bills defense has 6 more sacks, 6 more forced fumbles, and is giving up 311.7 points per game compared to the Bengals 30th place 409.2 yards per game. Their defense is objectively better, and their defensive coaching staff could coach circles around Austin's crew. 

That is a lot of points a game

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Only reason Cincinnati moved to Prime Time. Otherwise Cincinnati almost never gets moved to Prime Time. Here you have First Place team in AFC North at First Place team in AFC West. That's a good Prime Time Game. Plus they want to get Chiefs on in Prime Time while their quarterback is on MVP pace. It also has promise of 2 high powered offenses against 2 not so good defenses. National TV probably hoping for a 50 to 50 type basketball score.

Now some will say for Bengals the night life ain't no good life. Prime Time and Play-Offs kill them in National TV spotlight.

I'm now thinking, as good as Chiefs offense looks, are they better than Steelers ? Look, Big Ben, Antonio Brown, Smith, Connors, those tight ends, that tough O Line. Plus Steelers defense is better. Bengals just played Steelers close. One of those games last team with ball wins. Big Ben to Antonio Brown was two future Hall of Famers getting us in last seconds like Joe Montana to Jerry Rice. Now are the Chiefs better. No, they aren't. The Chiefs are good, but not better. Bengals proved they can take this game into last seconds of game. Probably last team with the ball wins again.

First Place in AFC North meets First Place in AFC West. I go as far back as 1968 Bengals because I'm old. This old AFL West of Bengals vs Chiefs moving from 1968 to 2018 NFL Prime Time. Paul Brown vs Hank Strahm. Bengals always played Chiefs tough those first years. So for an old AFL Fan like me, I'm looking forward to this. Old trivia is Bengals in need of a kicker got Horst because Chiefs already had Hall of Fame Jan Stenerud. Good pick up for Bengals. I don't remember them ever playing Chiefs on National TV Prime Time or Play-Offs, both in First Place. Bengals in the Halloween Pumpkin uniforms, Chiefs in the Santa Clause uniforms. Very Festive.

Now these defenses may decide they want to look good in Prime Time also, but this does look like it could be both teams putting up basketball scores. I don't gamble, but I see Los Wages has 58 points as the over and under. That's pretty high, but these teams in 2018 show they can put up more points than that. As Always GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This game will be a Bengals train wreck. Marvin Lewis will not have this Team ready for the atmosphere in Arrowhead under the lights. Get ready for 4-3 record and than prepare yourself for bad play coming out of bye week. I hope I am wrong but Marvin coached teams have been consistent with performance in both these situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
KC doesn't have their own set of rules as far as holding goes...nor will they get a BS defense holding call on their opponent when it should have been 4th and 10.

If the game is officiated fairly, the Bengals have a VERY good chance of winning.

All I heard for years was how Dalton can't win big games, make the last minute drive, blah, blah, blah....and now, with an even average rushing attack and offensive line, he has looked fantastic. Now, I can't wait to see him carve up the Chiefs. Sure, our defense is a MASH unit, and KC is putting up points at will, but I think it will be a very good game.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: KC doesn't have their own set of rules as far as holding goes...nor will they get a BS defense holding call on their opponent when it should have been 4th and 10.  

If the game is officiated fairly, the Bengals have a VERY good chance of winning.

All I heard for years was how Dalton can't win big games, make the last minute drive, blah, blah, blah....and now, with an even average rushing attack and offensive line, he has looked fantastic.  Now, I can't wait to see him carve up the Chiefs.  Sure, our defense is a MASH unit, and KC is putting up points at will, but I think it will be a very good game.

Agreed..... if nothing else, it ought to be highly entertaining....
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 05:20 AM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: This game will be a Bengals train wreck.  Marvin Lewis will not have this Team ready for the atmosphere in Arrowhead under the lights.  Get ready for 4-3 record and than prepare yourself for bad play coming out of bye week.  I hope I am wrong but Marvin coached teams have been consistent with performance in both these situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The King of all bullshit phrases.

Reply/Quote