Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS has us beating KC
(10-17-2018, 10:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Don't mean to derail the thread, but the Bills defense has 6 more sacks, 6 more forced fumbles, and is giving up 311.7 points per game compared to the Bengals 30th place 409.2 yards per game. Their defense is objectively better, and their defensive coaching staff could coach circles around Austin's crew. 

WOW! The Bills are giving up 311.7 POINTS per game? Are they playing 1 on 11 football every week? 
Typo I know, but still.. WOW! 300 points per game would be REALLY bad.. lol

I'm not sure it's even physically possible to score 300 points in 60 minutes even if on every kick off the kicking team recovered fumbles and scored TDs.. The offense wouldn't even have to play except on one kick off and that's assuming they don't botch the kick off.  Sounds like a 90sish Bengal team..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 12:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: That is a lot of points a game

And they STILL have managed to win a couple games.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 07:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: They've got a winning team that has dominated (until this past Sunday), and now the Bengals, who collapsed like a flan in a cupboard Sunday, are coming to town.  The whole of NFL fandom knows Merv's teams (nearly) always shit the bed in primetime games.  So, what's not to be excited about if you're a Chefs fan?  

And, outside of this fanbase and some charitable folks in Buffalo, yeah, pretty much most NFL fans think Andy is mediocre at best, or just outright trash. Read the postings on NFL.com of whatever team we're playing in a given week and the Red Rifle doesn't get a lot of respect.  Not saying they're right, just saying it's a pretty popular opinion outside of the 513, so folks in KS/MO are certainly no different in that regard. 

I know it's just funny.  If someone says Andy isn't the worst QB that ever lived he gets ridiculed.  Someone even posted vid of five bad interceptions he has thrown as proof.  Not just from this year or anything.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I know it's just funny.  If someone says Andy isn't the worst QB that ever lived he gets ridiculed.  Someone even posted vid of five bad interceptions he has thrown as proof.  Not just from this year or anything.  

Can you link the Cheifs board you're perusing so some of us may peruse it ourselves?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 11:05 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Can you link the Cheifs board you're perusing so some of us may peruse it ourselves?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Edit: I'm just getting a kick out of them right now. Not because they think they are going to win, hell I think that, but on one of the threads a guy said if they don't win 4 SBs while Mahomes is there it will be a failure.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 11:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Edit: I'm just getting a kick out of them right now. Not because they think they are going to win, hell I think that, but on one of the threads a guy said if they don't win 4 SBs while Mahomes is there it will be a failure.

That thread from here they linked about us having no chance is embarrassing.

Between that and the Steelers fans probably laughing their asses off reading through the Burfict thread I’m really ashamed of our fans right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 11:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/bb/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Edit: I'm just getting a kick out of them right now.  Not because they think they are going to win, hell I think that, but on one of the threads a guy said if they don't win 4 SBs while Mahomes is there it will be a failure.

I hope like hell our defense comes to play and Geno treat Mahomes as his *****!! I just read all 10 pages of the thread about the Bengals. Clueless SOBs. 
Reply/Quote

Edit: I'm just getting a kick out of them right now.  Not because they think they are going to win, hell I think that, but on one of the threads a guy said if they don't win 4 SBs while Mahomes is there it will be a failure.

I find it mind boggling that Chiefs fans are not clued in to Chiefs history.  You know, the red hot starts and the icy cold finishes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
CBS.... Could Be Sarcasm
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
As a head coach Marvin has played the Chiefs 3 times when they were a playoff team.  He has won all 3 of those games

2003... 4-5 Bengals defeat 9-0 Chiefs 24-19... In 4th quarter Peter Warrick has a 68 yd punt return td and a 77 yd td reception.

2006...  Opening day Bengals win 23-10 at Arrowhead... Justin Smith has 3 sacks.  As a team Bengals have 7.  Geathers knocks QB Trent Green out of game.

2015...  3-0 Bengals beat 1-2 Chiefs 36-21...  Peko has 2 sacks (team 5).  Dalton throws for 321 yds on just 24 attempts (zero sacks or interceptions).  Hill has 3 rushing tds.
Reply/Quote
Some of them are indeed respectful and realize their team's flaws (most of them ARE aware, actually), but you can clearly tell who are the truly, hardcore homers.

Though the Burfict hate is ridiculous; outside of 2013 (which I called it out on, on the Mothership, that it would hurt us down the line and I was TROUNCED by all of you) and Carolina, he has never been, "dirty," against any other team but Pittsburgh; the butthurt is still strong from last year's PS game?

Still find it hilarious that the entire world thinks Andy's terrible; I have a super, SUPER knowledgeable friend about all sports, who chirped me because of Andy and then sent me another chirp when we released Iloka.

I politely apologised and said that I didn't appreciate chirps before the season even started and his response was a massively smart-ass, "this doesn't seem like a team that's, 'ready to win.'" (which was quoting me).

"I won't bring up the Bengals again." Ok, so I bit back on your smart-assness and now you're playing the victim card and that you won't discuss things with me in the future?

As mentioned above, people just haven't the faintest clue and truly do lap up everything the media says. The butthurt is strong and the accountability is weak.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 01:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Some of them are indeed respectful and realize their team's flaws (most of them ARE aware, actually), but you can clearly tell who are the truly, hardcore homers.

Though the Burfict hate is ridiculous; outside of 2013 (which I called it out on, on the Mothership, that it would hurt us down the line and I was TROUNCED by all of you) and Carolina, he has never been, "dirty," against any other team but Pittsburgh; the butthurt is still strong from last year's PS game?

Still find it hilarious that the entire world thinks Andy's terrible; I have a super, SUPER knowledgeable friend about all sports, who chirped me because of Andy and then sent me another chirp when we released Iloka.

I politely apologised and said that I didn't appreciate chirps before the season even started and his response was a massively smart-ass, "this doesn't seem like a team that's, 'ready to win.'" (which was quoting me).

"I won't bring up the Bengals again." Ok, so I bit back on your smart-assness and now you're playing the victim card and that you won't discuss things with me in the future?

As mentioned above, people just haven't the faintest clue and truly do lap up everything the media says. The butthurt is strong and the accountability is weak.
Lets see, according to one poster, Burfict not suspended but fined....
Best one, is that Andy melts under pressure, completely unaware that this season he has one of the best, if not the best, completion % under duress....  I take that back, some had suggested triple coverage on AJ.... Boyd likes that idea!!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:22 AM)McC Wrote: The King of all bullshit phrases.

I resemble that remark!!  Nervous

I thought I was the King???  Cool
Reply/Quote
Some in here only pay attention to Bengals 'history' when it comes as a benefit to this team, but just remember that when the Talking Heads start putting this team in a 'good' spot, it usually backfires!
Reply/Quote

God, that forum is an eyesore. When was it created? 1989?

I'mma try to check out some of their posts, but dang if it doesn't cost me my eyesight.

EDIT; Ooooooooooooooooookay. I can look at the main page but when I click on any of the thread topics (like the one asking about the frequency of getting diarrhea), my job blocks the thread from opening. Probably because they're full of shit. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 03:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I resemble that remark!!  Nervous

I thought I was the King???  Cool

The phrase is the king.  Not the utterer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 04:54 PM)McC Wrote: The phrase is the king.  Not the utterer.

So he IS the king of BS!  Good!

Was confused because he was being 'negative' as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 05:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: So he IS the king of BS!  Good!

Was confused because he was being 'negative' as well.

The phrase "I hope I'm wrong"  is the king of bullshit phrases.  In other words, that phrase is the worst of all bullshit phrases.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 05:58 PM)McC Wrote: The phrase "I hope I'm wrong"  is the king of bullshit phrases.  In other words, that phrase is the worst of all bullshit phrases.

So ... you think it's BS if someone expects the worst, based on what he's seen before via 26 years of history, but 'hopes' things change, and that he's wrong?

I find it amusing how some folks ridicule when someone expects and expresses negativity 'based on history', claiming history means nothing, because it's a new season and a new day  ....  THEN turns around and comes up with past statistics like, 'when Gio gets x amount of touches or x amount of yards the Bengals are 10-1!'  Nervous

Why search those stats out and make those quotes if history means nothing??  It's a new day and a new season.  Maybe Gio gets 30 touches and 150 yards and the Bengals still lose 42-37?

BOTTOM LINE:  Double standards are ok, just don't be negative or it's BS!  :paul:
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 06:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: So ... you think it's BS if someone expects the worst, based on what he's seen before via 26 years of history, but 'hopes' things change, and that he's wrong?

I find it amusing how some folks ridicule when someone expects and expresses negativity 'based on history', claiming history means nothing, because it's a new season and a new day  ....  THEN turns around and comes up with past statistics like, 'when Gio gets x amount of touches or x amount of yards the Bengals are 10-1!'  Nervous

Why search those stats out and make those quotes if history means nothing??  It's a new day and a new season.  Maybe Gio gets 30 touches and 150 yards and the Bengals still lose 42-37?

BOTTOM LINE:  Double standards are ok, just don't be negative or it's BS!  :paul:

Don't know why you aren't getting this.  It's been my experience that when someone makes a dire prediction and then they say I hope I'm wrong, they are usually full of shit and don't hope that even a little bit.

Reply/Quote