Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBs to S projections
With rumors supporting moving Dax Hill from slot DB to S, what other rumors have you read or other players you think would benefit from a move to S from the CB position?

Cam Taylor-Britt is one I've seen off and on with making the move to SS role. He did start out at the S position before moving to CB. I think he could do that at the next level as well even if I like him on the boundary. Like if we got Elam/Gordon at 31, I could see CTB as a SS replacement for Bell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jalen Pitre is supposed to be a CB/S hybrid. I like him quite a bit and think he has the chance to be great at the NFL level. Also someone who the Bengals have expressed interest in.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Pitre is the player who doesn’t have a clearly defined role. His play making abilities are suited to LB/SS but he’s good enough to play some corner. He’s an exciting piece you could play chess with.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 02:11 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Pitre is the player who doesn’t have a clearly defined role. His play making abilities are suited to LB/SS but he’s good enough to play some corner. He’s an exciting piece you could play chess with.

You looking at him as Bell's replacement then? You using pick 31 on him for that or expecting him to drop to 63?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 03:50 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: You looking at him as Bell's replacement then? You using pick 31 on him for that or expecting him to drop to 63?

No, but if the bengals feel like he will make an immediate impact on defense he is a trade up target in round 2. A bit of a reach in round one I feel, but not as bad as you and others may be thinking.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 06:05 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: No, but if the bengals feel like he will make an immediate impact on defense he is a trade up target in round 2. A bit of a reach in round one I feel, but not as bad as you and others may be thinking.

Could move 31 to Seattle for 40 and 72 and they can take their QB. Then you could take Pitre at 40.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 06:05 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: No, but if the bengals feel like he will make an immediate impact on defense he is a trade up target in round 2. A bit of a reach in round one I feel, but not as bad as you and others may be thinking.

I don't think its a reach persay but I don't think I'd give up capital to draft him. 

That may have something to do with my fanboying of CTB though as I don't see him making it to 95.

This thread was my open thoughts on maybe getting Elam for the boundary and taking CTB as a S replacement but open for the idea of other players doing the same and seeing who to research.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 06:32 PM)pulses Wrote: Could move 31 to Seattle for 40 and 72 and they can take their QB. Then you could take Pitre at 40.

Agree. Have read they are high on moving up to 1st round again for another 5th year option.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 06:32 PM)pulses Wrote: Could move 31 to Seattle for 40 and 72 and they can take their QB. Then you could take Pitre at 40.

That’s a good idea and possible if Detroit didn’t take a QB at 2 and Seattle wanted to get ahead of Detroit at 32 to get there guy.
Reply/Quote

I like that idea!
Reply/Quote
I haven't really seen it mentioned, but I wonder if Derion Kendrick is someone who could convert.
He'd been at CB the past 3 seasons, but he's slower than preferred for CB in the NFL yet has great ball skills.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote