Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CDC Guidance on Monkeypox
What the shit are these guys doing?

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/pdf/MPX_Social_Gatherings_Safer_Sex-508.pdf

Surely the CDC will tell us how to conduct ourselves at maybe a sporting event, public pool...maybe the theater?  Nope...we get guidance on how to conduct ourselves at raves and during sex....  Hilarious

Quote:● A rave, party, or club where there is minimal clothing and where there is direct, personal, often skin-to-skin contact has some risk. Avoid any rashes or sores you see on others and consider minimizing skin-to-skin contact when possible.

I don't think the person that wrote this has ever been to a rave.  Unless it's a music event that's 100% seated, the same amount of contact is going to occur for any music event.  

Quote:If you or your partner have (or think you might have) monkeypox and you decide to have sex, consider the
following to reduce the chance of spreading the virus:
● Have virtual sex with no in-person contact.
● Masturbate together at a distance of at least 6 feet, without touching each other and without touching any
rash or sores.
● Consider having sex with your clothes on or covering areas where rash or sores are present, reducing as
much skin-to-skin contact as possible.
● Avoid kissing.
● Remember to wash your hands, fetish gear, sex toys and any fabrics (bedding, towels, clothing) after having sex.
● Limit your number of partners to avoid opportunities for monkeypox to spread.

"Be sure to masturbate 6 feet apart"

This is why people think the CDC is a joke with these warnings and "guidance."
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Great, now neo cons are going to refuse to wash their fetish gear.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry babe, CDC guidelines.. LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 01:51 PM)basballguy Wrote: This is why people think the CDC is a joke with these warnings and "guidance."

Nah, people think they're a joke because the people are ignorant enough about the things they give these warnings and guidance on to not understand the reasons behind things, and self-absorbed enough to think they know better than experts in the field.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 02:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Nah, people think their a joke because the people are ignorant enough about the things they give these warnings and guidance on to not understand the reasons behind things, and self-absorbed enough to think they know better than experts in the field.

Well, being serious.....the WHO theorizes two gay dudes had sex at a rave in Spain thus contributing to the outbreak.....ok that means CDC should just issue warnings for sex and raves/festivals.  It's silly.  

It works both ways with ignorance.  On the flip side those same people could also look at it and say "oh i don't go to festivals so I'm safe."  
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 02:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Nah, people think their a joke because the people are ignorant enough about the things they give these warnings and guidance on to not understand the reasons behind things, and self-absorbed enough to think they know better than experts in the field.

Agreed.  I haven't seen this much mainstream disdain for faceless government agencies since ET came out in 1982. 
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:12 PM)basballguy Wrote: Well, being serious.....the WHO theorizes two gay dudes had sex at a rave in Spain thus contributing to the outbreak.....ok that means CDC should just issue warnings for sex and raves/festivals.  It's silly.  

It works both ways with ignorance.  On the flip side those same people could also look at it and say "oh i don't go to festivals so I'm safe."  

That would make sense if the CDC guidance exclusively mentioned festivals/raves/parties/clubs. They clearly mention what people should take into consideration at any event they go to. 

Quote:The Very Link You Posted
How can a person lower the chance of getting monkeypox at places like raves, parties, clubs, and festivals?
When thinking about what to do, seek out information from trusted sources like the local health department. Second, consider how much close, personal, skin-to-skin contact is likely to occur at the event you plan to attend. If you feel sick or have any rashes or sores, do not attend any gathering, and see a healthcare provider.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:51 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That would make sense if the CDC guidance exclusively mentioned festivals/raves/parties/clubs. They clearly mention what people should take into consideration at any event they go to. 

i mean staying home when you dont feel well or have a rash when gonig to an event with lots of contact is just plain considerate.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:51 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That would make sense if the CDC guidance exclusively mentioned festivals/raves/parties/clubs. They clearly mention what people should take into consideration at any event they go to. 

But then there's no point in calling out a specific type of even that maybe 1% of the population has ever been to (if that high).  
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 04:03 PM)basballguy Wrote: But then there's no point in calling out a specific type of even that maybe 1% of the population has ever been to (if that high).  

If the CDC through their methodology have determined that a statistically relevant amount of the transmissions of Monkeypox have occurred that those specific types of events there certainly is.  
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 04:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean staying home when you dont feel well or have a rash when gonig to an event with lots of contact is just plain considerate.

Yeah, but have you paid attention to things the last couple of years? Consideration isn't the norm for some segments of the population.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 04:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean staying home when you dont feel well or have a rash when gonig to an event with lots of contact is just plain considerate.

Ah well surely Americans will do the considerate thing!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Shit…. I was at a rave banging a chick who had a rash and sores all over last night
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 05:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Shit…. I was at a rave banging a chick who had a rash and sores all over last night

*hands Nati a banana*
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 05:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Shit…. I was at a rave banging a chick who had a rash and sores all over last night

I'm safe, because I always masturbate 6 feet away from people.
Reply/Quote
I chase tattoos more than rashes and sores
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 04:10 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If the CDC through their methodology have determined that a statistically relevant amount of the transmissions of Monkeypox have occurred that those specific types of events there certainly is.  

Of course you would defend it.

If they were having sex at Walmart and put up the guidance for grocery shopping I'm sure you'd have no problem with it.   

It'a ridiculous guidance no matter how you spin it.  
Reply/Quote
Much like most advice from the CDC (or OSHA, or the EPA, or the IRS, etc), common sense prevails. As a rule I don't tend to grind on folks who are covered in sores or rashes and the same goes for my banana and cherries. That being said, they have to put out guidelines because - as Covid showed - Americans are ***** idiots.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote:  That being said, they have to put out guidelines because - as Covid showed - Americans are ***** idiots.

No dude...people are idiots....it's just that here in America, our media is like "Hey look at our idiots!".....that doesn't happen anywhere else in the world.........
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 02:05 AM)basballguy Wrote: No dude...people are idiots....it's just that here in America, our media is like "Hey look at our idiots!".....that doesn't happen anywhere else in the world.........

Yeah, the rest of the world just highlights the American idiots. LOL

Reply/Quote