Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CDC Guidance on Monkeypox
(06-17-2022, 06:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm safe, because I always masturbate 6 feet away from people.

Quote:● Have virtual sex with no in-person contact.

Been preparing for Monkeypox for all your life.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 09:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Been preparing for Monkeypox for all your life.   Ninja

This is where I'm a viking.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 02:05 AM)basballguy Wrote: No dude...people are idiots....it's just that here in America, our media is like "Hey look at our idiots!".....that doesn't happen anywhere else in the world.........

(06-18-2022, 06:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, the rest of the world just highlights the American idiots. LOL

Nobody wants to see the B-Team idiots. It's like watching preseason football. 

America #1!
Reply/Quote
The WHO has declared a global health emergency for monkeypox. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/23/who-declares-spreading-monkeypox-outbreak-a-global-health-emergency.html

Pretty interesting article but one thing that stood out was gay and bisexual men are at higher risk. Although ridiculous, I can almost predict an extreme rise in homophobia equal to that when HIV became an issue. Hope I’m wrong, but I can see it happening.

Quote:Gay, bisexual men at highest risk

Monkeypox is primarily spreading through skin-to-skin contact during sex. Men who have sex with men are at the highest risk right now, as the majority of transmission has occurred in the gay community. However, the WHO and the CDC have emphasized that anyone can catch monkeypox regardless of sexual orientation.

Scientists in Spain and Italy detected monkeypox virus DNA in semen from positive patients, though it’s still unclear whether whether the virus can spread through semen during sex. The Spanish scientists also detected monkeypox DNA in saliva samples.

It’s also unclear whether the virus can spread when people are infected but don’t have symptoms, known as asymptomatic transmission.
Lewis, the WHO’s monkeypox expert, said 99% of cases reported outside Africa are among men and 98% of infections are among men who have sex with men, primarily those who have had multiple, recent anonymous or new sexual partners. The virus has been detected outside the gay community, but transmission has been low so far. The CDC confirmed monkeypox in two children on Friday.

The WHO and CDC have repeatedly warned against stigmatizing gay and bisexual men, while at the same time stressing the importance of communicating the reality of how the virus is currently spreading so people in communities at highest risk can take action to protect their health.

“People want the information to know how to protect themselves, in what circumstances are people perhaps at risk or getting infected,” Lewis said earlier this week. It’s crucial for health agencies and community organizers to broadly disseminate information on how to reduce the risk of infection ahead of major celebrations and festivals this summer, she said.

Tedros warned stigma and discrimination are violations of human rights that will undermine the public health response to the outbreak. He called on national governments to protect individuals’ fundamental rights as they respond to the virus.

“We seek your strong commitment to uphold human dignity, human rights so that we can control this outbreak,” Tedros said.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 06:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The WHO has declared a global health emergency for monkeypox. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/23/who-declares-spreading-monkeypox-outbreak-a-global-health-emergency.html

Pretty interesting article but one thing that stood out was gay and bisexual men are at higher risk. Although ridiculous, I can almost predict an extreme rise in homophobia equal to that when HIV became an issue. Hope I’m wrong, but I can see it happening.

hope that doesnt happen. you can have differences with people without hating them or being bad to them. no need for that.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 04:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i mean staying home when you dont feel well or have a rash when gonig to an event with lots of contact is just plain considerate.

So is flushing a toilet after taking a shit but we’ve all walked into a public stall countless times. People are jackasses. And more and more people are just plain evil I’m starting to realize.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 06:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The WHO has declared a global health emergency for monkeypox. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/23/who-declares-spreading-monkeypox-outbreak-a-global-health-emergency.html

Highly possible, but hope it doesn't happen.

Weird people wouldn't notice the rashes? Hopefully it stays true that it's not spread by semen, but the stats seem to indicate that it could be.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 07:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: hope that doesnt happen. you can have differences with people without hating them or being bad to them. no need for that.

Not fueled so much by differences than by fear. In the 80’s it became a hot topic discussed regularly. Of course the media helped fan the fire, but there was a lot of fear at the time from what I remember until the public became either calloused or educated. Both took some time.

Reply/Quote