Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J Foozball
Lemme be the first to say it...

Johnny Manziel looks worlds better this year than last. Nice scramble that was called back and followed it up on a 3rd and 19 with a long TD throw.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Manziel has found a way to beat the blitz basically every play.

Browns online is getting destroyed on run plays. Their o-line and the Jets run D are both worlds better than the rest of their respective teams, but I thought the Browns o-line was better than this.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 03:05 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Manziel has found a way to beat the blitz basically every play.

Browns online is getting destroyed on run plays. Their o-line and the Jets run D are both worlds better than the rest of their respective teams, but I thought the Browns o-line was better than this.

I switched from that game to Red Zone. How has Manziel looked since the TD pass?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
lol. They just showed the 3rd and 10 conversion when the receiver was on his knees.

Reply/Quote
Browns approaching 200 yds total offense in the first half and a 2/1 TOP lead.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 02:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lemme be the first to say it...

Johnny Manziel looks worlds better this year than last. Nice scramble that was called back and followed it up on a 3rd and 19 with a long TD throw.

Well, that is like saying my first healthy movement after a bout with diarrhea looks worlds better. I mean, it does, but is still, you know, shit.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 03:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I switched from that game to Red Zone. How has Manziel looked since the TD pass?

Pretty good, not super great. Had that lucky 3rd and 10 catch when Revis just stood watched a receiver on his knees make the catch. One INT on a errant back shoulder pass attempt was his only real mistake. Evading the blitz very well.
Reply/Quote
How did that helmet hit during the slide not draw a flag?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 02:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lemme be the first to say it...

Surely you have changed your mind now.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 04:45 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Surely you have changed your mind now.

I didn't watch any more of the game after the TD pass. Switched over to Red Zone and didn't see too many Browns offensive highlights. 

That said, from watching him in preseason and early in this game, he looked like an actual NFL QB. We'll see how it goes from here but i'm not going to be disappointed if he tanks. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
After that TD, I believe he was 8 for 20 with a pick and less than 90 yards.

Fluke TDs are fluke TDs, regardless of who throws them.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: After that TD, I believe he was 8 for 20 with a pick and less than 90 yards.

Fluke TDs are fluke TDs, regardless of who throws them.

I wouldn't call it a fluke TD, but i'm not here to defend a turd stain. 

He's definitely playing better than he was last year but 5-11 seems like the ceiling for them.

Reply/Quote
He looked horrible. No pocket awareness and terrible decision making. Better hope McCown is ok, Brownies!
Reply/Quote
I bet that Browns fans were friggin estatic for all of 10 minutes though when they all thought Manziel turned a corner...

Right into a brick wall. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 04:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Pretty good, not super great. Had that lucky 3rd and 10 catch when Revis just stood watched a receiver on his knees make the catch. One INT on a errant back shoulder pass attempt was his only real mistake. Evading the blitz very well.

Just for reference, this was posted right before his long 3rd down run where he got clobbered and holding called it back anyway. The next play he fumbled and I quit watching and just I flipped between the Green Bay/Chicago game and the Pirates.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't call it a fluke TD, but i'm not here to defend a turd stain. 

He's definitely playing better than he was last year but 5-11 seems like the ceiling for them.

It was very college-style reception TD: blown/gamble coverage that resulted in a wide open receiver.

The talented NFL throws are the ones that thread the needle.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote