Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CFP Semifinal Games
Ohio State has 55 seconds to bring it home. If they don’t, I can’t wait to read the mental gymnastics that OSU fans will come up with to blame Stroud for this loss.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:49 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ohio State has 55 seconds to bring it home. If they don’t, I can’t wait to read the mental gymnastics that OSU fans will come up with to blame Stroud for this loss.

stroud should have hit that fg
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:02 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: stroud should have hit that fg

Right? What a loser. Instead of throwing for 359 yards and 4 TDs, he should have thrown for 500 and 7 TDs. Kid just doesn’t have it. Wouldn’t have needed a field goal if he played better.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:49 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ohio State has 55 seconds to bring it home. If they don’t, I can’t wait to read the mental gymnastics that OSU fans will come up with to blame Stroud for this loss.

This is on the refs. They didn't even try and hide the fact that they were helping Georgia get back in it. Clear targeting knocking Harrison out somehow reversed. That likely ends in a TD and putting game out of reach. There's the 4th down that Georgia failed but that somehow gets reversed even though he was short. And lastly the fake punt Ohio State ran and converted only for the refs to say Georgia got a timeout which clearly was called after the snap. So damn sick of the refs bailing out the SEC.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 12:59 AM)samhain Wrote: Dirty SOB.

It was a hard hit but not targeting. Won the game. Harrison would have caught that ball and we would not have won if Harrison was still in the rest of the game. Him and #2 were absolutely gashing us.

And the blown coverage my goodness. Guy just fell on his face those are the worst plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:06 AM)cinci4life Wrote: This is on the refs. They didn't even try and hide the fact that they were helping Georgia get back in it. Clear targeting knocking Harrison out somehow reversed. That likely ends in a TD and putting game out of reach. There's the 4th down that Georgia failed but that somehow gets reversed even though he was short. And lastly the fake punt Ohio State ran and converted only for the refs to say Georgia got a timeout which clearly was called after the snap. So damn sick of the refs bailing out the SEC.

Wasn’t targeting. Led with the shoulder and clearly was tackling side wise. No leading with the crown of the helmet. Did you not watch the replay on the 4th down he never touched the ground and went past the first down line.

Won’t argue that smashing and KOing Harrison won them the game though.

Also won’t argue that time out it was close, but the “expert” said it was fine to blow the play dead if a time out was requested whether the ball is snapped or not. Idk the rules on that as it’s one of the only times I’ve heard them discuss it.
Reply/Quote
The Bill Cowher award for taking out a player you can't beat goes to Georgia and Bullard. Travesty.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:13 AM)samhain Wrote: The Bill Cowher award for taking out a player you can't beat goes to Georgia and Bullard. Travesty.

Definitely the only reason we one. They couldn’t stop him at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:09 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Wasn’t targeting. Led with the shoulder and clearly was tackling side wise. No leading with the crown of the helmet. Did you not watch the replay on the 4th down he never touched the ground and went past the first down line.

Won’t argue that smashing and KOing Harrison won them the game though.

Also won’t argue that time out it was close, but the “expert” said it was fine to blow the play dead if a time out was requested whether the ball is snapped or not. Idk the rules on that as it’s one of the only times I’ve heard them discuss it.

He was a defenseless receiver and it was to the head and neck area. Targeting all day everyday.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:15 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Definitely the only reason we one. They couldn’t stop him at all.

Yeah, you can tell that they know it, too.  Ouch.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:16 AM)cinci4life Wrote: He was a defenseless receiver and it was to the head and neck area. Targeting all day everyday.

It was shoulder to chest. There was quick replay review and no flag. It was a very good flag drop to look at the play because it was a huge hit but it was 100% clean and mean.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Lol the best part was I had 3 women and some kids yelling "the ball is about to drop!" and us 4 guys are all uhhh Ohio State is about to take a shot at a 50 yard field goal to beat Georgia. It was perfect the ball came off the dudes foot wrong I was able to hit previous channel for thr countdown from 5 to start.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Best game in the playoff era?

Best 2 semifinal games in the playoff era?

I think so.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:16 AM)cinci4life Wrote: He was a defenseless receiver and it was to the head and neck area. Targeting all day everyday.

Eh I think he hit him shoulder to shoulder. Though there heads did collide in the process.

I do agree he is a textbook defenseless receiver, but I hate that rule. Though I remember one of our WR years ago about died on the field got hit and flipped so hard about broke his head and neck.

I’ve watched the replay in slow and I still think he flung his shoulder into Marvin’s shoulder and the force clocked their heads together moreso than he targeted his head and neck area. I could be wrong and I’m certainly biased, but the “expert” agreed with the call for whatever that’s worth which is probably nothing.

Either way the whole play regardless of penalty caused Georgia to squeak out a win I don’t see them getting without it.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:22 AM)samhain Wrote: Best game in the playoff era?

Best 2 semifinal games in the playoff era?

I think so.

I think Alabamas comeback win against Georgia a few years ago was better than this one considering the Marvin Harrison Jr play changing the course of the game. But best double header game I think so. We always seem to have one blowout game.
Reply/Quote

Stroud was ridiculous.  I've been skeptical of him since he got the job, but my god he was cold blooded.  

I think he m might have moved ahead of Young in the draft tonight.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:27 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think Alabamas comeback win against Georgia a few years ago was better than this one considering the Marvin Harrison Jr play changing the course of the game. But best double header game I think so. We always seem to have one blowout game.

Outside of the Pac-12 title game, this year was a snoozer.  

The playoff was the payoff.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:28 AM)samhain Wrote: Stroud was ridiculous.  I've been skeptical of him since he got the job, but my god he was cold blooded.  

I probably wouldn’t draft either one of them. Unless it’s good value after the first.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:28 AM)samhain Wrote: Stroud was ridiculous.  I've been skeptical of him since he got the job, but my god he was cold blooded.  

You are genuinely the first OSU fan I have encountered that has said anything positive about him. Last time I ran into a thread full of OSU fans discussing Stroud, the group was talking about how they couldn’t wait for him to leave.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:29 AM)samhain Wrote: Outside of the Pac-12 title game, this year was a snoozer.  

The playoff was the payoff.

Big 12 game was also very good. I just preferred TCU had won as I’m a fan of the school. While I want Georgia to go back to back if we lose it’s to the underdog darling team I like so there’s a good silver lining. I’m not sure what happened to Georgia and Michigan tonight. I half expected blowouts from both of them and they both played like dog shit.

I expected we would have destroyed TCU but now I’m not as sure. I don’t think they have nearly the talented receivers that OSU had so we could still stomp them.
Reply/Quote