ROBINSON
0%
0 0%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHARGERS are On The Clock
(03-24-2016, 11:39 AM)pulses Wrote: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/FS

STRENGTHS: Looks the part with a developed physique and long arms. Highly physical and aggressive tackler, using his length to hit, lift and drive. Plays with violence and anger, exploding through his hips and striking with authority.

Smooth athlete for his size and controls his momentum well in space. Consistent play speed, showing functional range. Attacks alleys and flows well with the action, never playing bored. Tough player and fights through pain. Productive junior season, averaging 8.7 tackles per start in 2015.

WEAKNESSES: One-speed athlete and doesn't play with much burst. Physical striker, but doesn't consistently square up his target, break down in motion or wrap to finish. Wild angles and takes wasted steps vs. the run and in coverage.

Streaky take-on technique and late to separate from blocks. Makes it too easy for receivers to block him in the open field. Struggles to anticipate, biting on fakes.

Needs to see things a tick faster to be more of a reliable playmaker. Eyes stuck in the backfield, allowing spacing from his coverage responsibilities. Marginal spatial awareness and tends to play with tunnel vision. Durability concerns, missing seven starts the last two seasons.

IN OUR VIEW: While he showed improvements in the deep half of the field in coverage, he is best known as an eraser downhill, playing with violent intentions and looking to lay the wood. Neal enjoys contact and is a physical striker, but needs mechanical work as too many of his tackle attempts are off balance due to streaky angles.

He might be able to start down the road in the NFL, but requires time to improve his discipline as he doesn't have the athleticism to make up for wasted steps. Neal will be a special teams demon due to his relentless nature while competing for snaps on defense.

--Dane Brugler (1/11/16)

Sounds like a safety who needs time to develop instead of 1 of the best pure safeties in the draft.

Okey Doke you go with the assesment that Neal will be a 6th-7th rounder and I'll go with he goes in the second at the latest.

Also if I make him an option for another Safety needy team please excuse it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 11:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Doke you go with the assesment that Neal will be a 6th-7th rounder and I'll go with he goes in the second at the latest.

Also if I make him an option for another Safety needy team please excuse it.

Making him a realistic option is ok but not for someone drafting in the top 5 picks of the draft.
Reply/Quote