Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIA Recruitment Video
(05-07-2021, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.) Funny that you have never jumped SSF about this.

Gee, I wonder why?

2.) According to his own logics Trump is "from Germany".  You trust him?

1.) Is SSF not American?  My entire post revolved around the idea that it's strange someone from Europe is OBSESSED with American politics, and weighs in the way in which he does.

2.) I can't stand Donald Trump.  Didn't vote for him in either election.  Thanks for making yet another assumption.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: I talked with people about my country many times, I made fun of it, mocked it, scolded it, everything. I just don't talk about my country or any other topic with someone so apparently in mean spirits as you are. Leave me be.

Yeah, you're right.  Being mean spirited is no way to engage on this forum.

"I am from another country, and we laugh at americans for being uneducated, ignorant, fatasses, laughably patriotic, and lately especially for electing a person like Donald Trump."   - Hollodero
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They came from the United States.  That is what makes the statement so bad. It is an attempt to define all minorities here in the United Sates based on problem areas around the world where they never lived.  One of the favorite schemes from the White Supremacists playbook.

I am not saying it wasn't in poor taste, just not racist.  One of them is not from the US.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:26 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am not saying it wasn't in poor taste, just not racist.  One of them is not from the US.

But attacking minorities who were born and raised in the United States based on what is happening in other countries is a popular tool used by White Supremacists.

doesn't matter what you say.  You could claim the sky was not blue but it does not change the truth.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: "I am from another country, and we laugh at americans for being uneducated, ignorant, fatasses, laughably patriotic, and lately especially for electing a person like Donald Trump."   - Hollodero

(05-07-2021, 11:52 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't think they do. I am from another country, and we laugh at americans for being uneducated, ignorant, fatasses, laughably patriotic, and lately especially for electing a person like Donald Trump. Are these fair, nope they are not

Look, buddy, you don't like me and think I'm a moron, I recieved the message and it's fine. But at least have the decency to not deliberately misquote me to distort what I said. Rather leave me be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think Americans are the only people arrogant enough to actually BRAG about being IGNORANT of other cultures.  It is a badge oif honor for them to be clueless about the rest of the world.

Actively thinking about and knowing about are two entirely seperate things.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Talk about "cringeworthy".  Nothing is worse than a white male trying to play a "racism" victim card.

I mean white men control a grossly disproportionate percentage of the wealth and power in this country; and there is zero evidence that they have been victims of any systematic racism by lenders, housing providers, or employers; and they have not been the victims of racial profiling by law enforcement.  But they are crying about being "screwed".

Guess these are the people Mickey was talking about when he mentioned "weak, offended little bitches who cry over everything"

Ya, ok, I was referring to the anti-white sentiment that keeps appearing.

No shit Sherlock, whites make up over 60% of the population.  What do you expect?

No, I meant people like you.  
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But attacking minorities who were born and raised in the United States based on what is happening in other countries is a popular tool used by White Supremacists.

doesn't matter what you say.  You could claim the sky was not blue but it does not change the truth.

Uh huh. Sorry, not racist.  You could claim the sky was not blue but it does not change the truth.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: Look, buddy, you don't like me and think I'm a moron, I recieved the message and it's fine. But at least have the decency to not deliberately misquote me to distort what I said. Rather leave me be.

So you're saying your country has a lot of unfair opinions.  That's fair.  Would it be safe to say that comes from ignorance? 

Fwiw, I just cannot immagine being from a country like yours and trying to pretend to be morally superior, more educated, or more anything than anyone given it's background.  Are these Austrians you speak of (not you) just stupid, or do they pretend like the killing of millions of Jews never happened?

No offense, just very, very strange behavior.  I mean, at least give it 100 years, guys.  Glass houses, yada, yada, yada.  Freaking Austrians laughing at Americans?

[Image: MF25PIO.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:41 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ya, ok, I was referring to the anti-white sentiment that keeps appearing.

No shit Sherlock, whites make up over 60% of the population.  What do you expect?

He did state "grossly disproportionate percentage of wealth", so this 60%+ number is not quite the counterargument. White people own way more than this proportionate amount of wealth was the argument, eg. more than this 60% number.

(05-07-2021, 01:42 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Uh huh.  Sorry, not racist.  You could claim the sky was not blue but it does not change the truth.

What if someone claims laziness is a trait in blacks though. Isn't that racist?
Or saying that a judge with a Mexican name can not possibly give a fair verdict, eg. can't possibly do his job and duty. Isn't that a racist assumption?

And this is what the guy says whom you try to exonerate from any assumption that saying "how dare you have an opinion about US politics, why don't you go back to the crime infested place you come from and fix those first" to US-american women of color could be seen as racist. Why do you think he said that, and do you think he would have said just the same to a white person?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 02:18 PM)hollodero Wrote: He did state "grossly disproportionate percentage of wealth", so this 60%+ number is not quite the counterargument. White people own way more than this proportionate amount of wealth was the argument, eg. more than this 60% number.

Asians outearn white people in America. 

Obviously, within both of these exists a number of different backgrounds who immigrated here (Ex: Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian vs. Italian, Irish, German, etc.)

Curious, what percentage of wealth do white people hold in Austria? 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So you're saying your country has a lot of unfair opinions.  That's fair.  Would it be safe to say that comes from ignorance? 

Fwiw, I just cannot immagine being from a country like yours and trying to pretend to be morally superior, more educated, or more anything than anyone given it's background.  Are these Austrians you speak of (not you) just stupid, or do they pretend like the killing of millions of Jews never happened?

No offense, just very, very strange behavior.  I mean, at least give it 100 years, guys.  Glass houses, yada, yada, yada.  Freaking Austrians laughing at Americans?

[Image: MF25PIO.png]

Not my battle, and I personally don't care who laughs at who... But...

I think it's a lil unfair to throw the Holocaust at a living Austrian unless we're (living Americans) ready to own the genocide of native Americans, the firebombing of and use of atomic weapons on civilians, slavery, etc etc. We all agree those are shitty things. It hasn't been a hundred years since Japanese Americans were locked away in camps, but I think that Americans are allowed to criticize what's happening to Wigars in China today.

This is just my opinion.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 02:18 PM)hollodero Wrote: He did state "grossly disproportionate percentage of wealth", so this 60%+ number is not quite the counterargument. White people own way more than this proportionate amount of wealth was the argument, eg. more than this 60% number.

What if someone claims laziness is a trait in blacks though. Isn't that racist?
Or saying that a judge with a Mexican name can not possibly give a fair verdict, eg. can't possibly do his job and duty. Isn't that a racist assumption?

And this is what the guy says whom you try to exonerate from any assumption that saying "how dare you have an opinion about US politics, why don't you go back to the crime infested place you come from and fix those first" to US-american women of color could be seen as racist. Why do you think he said that, and do you think he would have said just the same to a white person?

Why does it matter what color your skin is?  People own what they own.  Their wealth is their wealth.  What is this constant hang up on skin color?  Or is everyone not white a victim these days?  We do live in a free Country and people are free to make their own decisions and life choices.  People need to stop being victims and take some accountability for their own lives.

You want to see real racism?  Look at what the Dems had to say about Tim Scott.  You show me trump calling a black man an Uncle Tom or an Oreo (amongst other things he was called) and I will agree that is racist and completely unacceptable.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/05/04/texas-democrat-resigns-after-calling-sen-tim-scott-an-oreo/?sh=5d14167502b2

Maybe our elected Dem leaders should lead by example and stop with the racism and incitement of violence (looking at you Maxine).  Just a thought.

Again, not defending Trump, he's an ass, but the whole context is important.  

In an interview, Mr. Trump said U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel had “an absolute conflict” in presiding over the litigation given that he was “of Mexican heritage” and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. Mr. Trump said the background of the judge, who was born in Indiana to Mexican immigrants, was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. “I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest,” Mr. Trump said.

Right or wrong he is using it as a defense to get a different judge I would assume or to delay the hearing.  You may not like what he said or the angle he is taking, but racist, nope.  Do I think it has any merit....No.  Do I think it is racist....No.

You cannot read the quote and think about the back and forth that was happening when the quote was made and figure out why he said that?  Yes, 3 of the 4 are US born.  Was what he said in bad taste, sure, but was it racist, I don't see it.

The black laziness thing?  Here are 2 left/lib sites fact checking this.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/sep/14/viral-image/no-trump-didnt-denigrate-africans-offensive-commen/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-laziness-is-a-trait-in-blacks/

Listen, I get it, you hate Trump, you really want to show he is racist, but if you are going to say he, or anyone, is racist, you need to have some real solid evidence.  You just keep throwing out the same BS lib media talking points that take quotes out of context just to smear the dude.

Just because someone does not like what someone says does not make it racist.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 02:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Asians outearn white people in America. 

But they still on average control less wealth than Whites.  In 2013 the median Asian wealth ($91K) was still almost 50% behind the median wealth of whites ($134K).

Give them time and they may catch up, but Whites are still by far the dominate race in this country.  And mnot in just control of wealth.  Whites are also overrepresented in congress (77%) and among Fortune 500 CEOs (90%), and judges and so on and son on. 

It is comical for a white person to try and play the racism victim card.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But they still on average control less wealth than Whites.  In 2013 the median Asian wealth ($91K) was still almost 50% behind the median wealth of whites ($134K).

Give them time and they may catch up, but Whites are still by far the dominate race in this country.  And mnot in just control of wealth.  Whites are also overrepresented in congress (77%) and among Fortune 500 CEOs (90%), and judges and so on and son on. 

It is comical for a white person to try and play the racism victim card.

Well that makes sense since over 60% of whites make up the USA.

Maybe we can throw 50% of the whites in concentration camps and kill them to try and even everything out for the minorities?  We can then give that 50% of wealth to the minorities.  Will that make you happy?  Will that make everything fair?

Newsflash..............life is not fair.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Why does it matter what color your skin is?  People own what they own.  Their wealth is their wealth.  What is this constant hang up on skin color?  Or is everyone not white a victim these days?  We do live in a free Country and people are free to make their own decisions and life choices.  People need to stop being victims and take some accountability for their own lives.

How can black people take accountability for landlords and employers treating applications differently if they have "ethnic" names?

How can black people take accountability for law enforcement treating them differently based on the color of their skin?

How can black people take accountability for all the white people who ignorantly claim their is no longer any systematic racism against racial minorities?

How can you say black people should ignore that fact that Donald welcomed the Confederate Battle flag at his rallies, was endorsed by the KKK, and favors preserving statutes that honor men who fought against the United States in order to preserve the institution of slavery?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:20 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Well that makes sense since over 60% of whites make up the USA.

Of course.  We agree 100% on this.

What I was talking about was how silly it was to hear white people claiming they are "screwed" under the current conditions where they control MORE THAN THEIR SHARE of the wealth an power in this country.

I mean it is one thing to cry when you are downtrodden and oppressed.  but it takes a "super snowflake" to cry and whine when you own more and control more than your share of the wealth and power.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Why does it matter what color your skin is?  People own what they own.  Their wealth is their wealth.  What is this constant hang up on skin color?  Or is everyone not white a victim these days?  We do live in a free Country and people are free to make their own decisions and life choices.  People need to stop being victims and take some accountability for their own lives.

I have to say, I'd be at a loss if I wouldn't mention that you just recently painted white guys as victims of racism in this country, so saying "people need to stop being victims" sounds a bit odd in that context. But be that as it may. Fred only replied to said assertion of yours by pointing out that whites are not disadvantaged in the US. That's it. That was the reason for wealth distribution being brought up. It was not addressing racism, it was refuting your specific take on how racism negatively affects white people. It just isn't backed up by any statistical evidence.

(05-07-2021, 04:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You want to see real racism?  Look at what the Dems had to say about Tim Scott.  You show me trump calling a black man an Uncle Tom or an Oreo (amongst other things he was called) and I will agree that is racist and completely unacceptable.

I never claimed only Trump can be racist, or even that only white people can be racist. There are counterexamples and there were things said to Trump and others I am not fine with either.
You need to stop saying "the Dems" though, it is as unfair as if I would say "the right says..." and pick some freak from Breitbart to show what the right says. As for that Scott incident, this was one guy, and he was removed from the party (aka he resigned). That happens, and idiots are everywhere. If that guy were emblematic for all Democrats, he would not have resigned, after all.

(05-07-2021, 04:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Maybe our elected Dem leaders should lead by example and stop with the racism and incitement of violence (looking at you Maxine).  Just a thought.

I'm certainly not argueing on Maxine Waters' behalf. I find her horrible.

(05-07-2021, 04:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: In an interview, Mr. Trump said U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel had “an absolute conflict” in presiding over the litigation given that he was “of Mexican heritage” and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. Mr. Trump said the background of the judge, who was born in Indiana to Mexican immigrants, was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. “I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest,” Mr. Trump said.

Right or wrong he is using it as a defense to get a different judge I would assume or to delay the hearing.  You may not like what he said or the angle he is taking, but racist, nope.  Do I think it has any merit....No.  Do I think it is racist....No.

I'm aware of the context. The context is Trump claiming that a judge of mexican heritage could not do his job and duty because of that. How is that not racist?

(05-07-2021, 04:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The black laziness thing?  Here are 2 left/lib sites fact checking this.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/sep/14/viral-image/no-trump-didnt-denigrate-africans-offensive-commen/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-laziness-is-a-trait-in-blacks/

These links refers to something else, something connected to Obama. That laziness is a trait in blacks was something he said prior to 1991 and hence is a whole other incident. A book quoted him saying that, to which Trump later responded that it's probably true. He literally gives himself less benefit of the doubt on this than you do.

(05-07-2021, 04:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Listen, I get it, you hate Trump, you really want to show he is racist, but if you are going to say he, or anyone, is racist, you need to have some real solid evidence.  You just keep throwing out the same BS lib media talking points that take quotes out of context just to smear the dude.

Just because someone does not like what someone says does not make it racist.

I am real content with my evidence, which is far from complete. Trump cited faulty statistics on black-on-white crime, I'm sure you think that is nothing as well. That he retweeted known white supermacists and fake videos of violent immigrants sure means zero to you as well. Or him pardoning Joe Arpaio, the most racist PoS. He called a hispanic Miss universe "Miss Housekeeping", but that's just in good fun, right? He probably also never said that all Haitians have AIDS. He called mexican immigrants rapists and murderers, but hey he also assumed some might be good people, so no pandering to racist impulses here either, all is perfectly fine with that. Man this list could go on, and you could dismiss just anything the way you do. Just like you seriously claim that telling congresswomen of color to go home where they came from and fix their crime-infested countries instead of giving their opinion on US practices is a normal thing to say that he could just as well have said to any white person.

You want to see him as non-racist just as you claim I "want" to see him being a racist, the difference being that I can bring a lot of examples, while you just don't want to give liberals this "win". But in the end, that's what it really boils down to for me, that even if you're content with all the excuses you make for him, even if you in your heart of hearts believe he is not racist at all; you can't possibly go even one step further and paint everyone that sees Trump's many remarks as racist as agenda-driven and irrational. It is far from irrational.

That I thoroughly dislike the guy, well, that much is apparently true.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 03:52 PM)jason Wrote: Not my battle, and I personally don't care who laughs at who... But...

I think it's a lil unfair to throw the Holocaust at a living Austrian unless we're (living Americans) ready to own the genocide of native Americans, the firebombing of and use of atomic weapons on civilians, slavery, etc etc. We all agree those are shitty things. It hasn't been a hundred years since Japanese Americans were locked away in camps, but I think that Americans are allowed to criticize what's happening to Wigars in China today.

This is just my opinion.

Fwiw, I normally never would.  But the absolute last thing I want to hear about is freaking Austrians thinking Americans are uneducated, ignorant fatasses.

The amount of bs I encounter online (mainly on Reddit) from Europeans is staggering.  I just cannot imagine going out of my way to talk shit about another country from 5,000 miles away, and using little no real life experience to shape my opinions on that country.  If anything I would approach conversations with them from a more genuine interest in their country, and a friendly good natured manner.  But what I encounter in reverse is not at all friendly, it's smug, and it comes from a place of moral superiority.

The things you bring up: slavery, colonization, war; none of these are unique to this.  Europeans raped and pillaged the world for centuries.  Less than 10% of the African slave trade ended up in North America (where else did they go???).  Attrocities have been commited by every power known to man for eternity.  Yet there seems to be this completely arbitrary system used nowadays to determine what we have to atone for vs. European culpability.

I'm just so tired of it.  I think very few Americans would say that it America is perfect.  I find even less of them presenting this online.  Yet I get bombarded with anti-US sentiment all of the time.  It's as if Europeans enjoy nothing more than to point out our failures. 

I gotta be honest, when I hear that Austria thinks we're a joke, and laughs at us, calls us uneducated and ignortant and fat, I'm going to get pretty damn pissed.  
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 05:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I gotta be honest, when I hear that Austria thinks we're a joke, and laughs at us, calls us uneducated and ignortant and fat, I'm going to get pretty damn pissed.  

Dude, for Christ's sake, I replied to someone else's assumption that other countries laugh their asses off at the US because the US produces a "bunch of weak, offended little b... who cry over everything." This was not me saying that. I stated what the world is actually laughing about, while instantly clarifying that these are usually not fair assumptions. It's just what people say, I was just reporting it, not unlike you did just now.

This was enough for you to go full berserk on me and my Nazi heritage, including asking me if I even watch football even though we're in the same freaking fantasy football league and then some. I mean, I could not care less what you think of me, but Jesus Christ please stop insinuating falsehoods about what I said and what was going on.
Reply/Quote