Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIA Recruitment Video
(05-07-2021, 05:42 PM)hollodero Wrote: Dude, for Christ's sake, I replied to someone else's assumption that other countries laugh their asses off at the US because the US produces a "bunch of weak, offended little b... who cry over everything." This was not me saying that. I stated what the world is actually laughing about, while instantly clarifying that these are usually not fair assumptions. It's just what people say, I was just reporting it, not unlike you did just now.

This was enough for you to go full berserk on me and my Nazi heritage, including asking me if I even watch football even though we're in the same freaking fantasy football league and then some. I mean, I could not care less what you think of me, but Jesus Christ please stop insinuating falsehoods about what I said and what was going on.

This is what you said:

"I am from another country, and we laugh at americans for being uneducated, ignorant, fatasses, laughably patriotic, and lately especially for electing a person like Donald Trump."   

There's no mention of "the world".  You stated that Austrians laugh at America and listed a number of insults as examples.

Just because you follow it up with that it may unfair doesn't make it any less true.  These are things you claim people in your country laugh about.  If you don't believe these things that doesn't mean others don't, or you wouldn't have said it.

What I find so insulting about this is the double standard.  Its seem you have to walk on eggshells when talking about other countries.  Pointing out that the criminal element that finds it's way across the border imediately gets turned into "Racist american thinks all of latino people are criminals".

If I, a white American, stereotypes pretty much any other country or culture I'm opening myself up for critcism.  Perhaps rightfully so. But it's seems to be open season on America.  Americans are fat.  Americans are ignorant.  American's are idiots.  All fair game from the European perspective.  But good Lord if said "Turkish people are stupid" would there be an absolute shitshow.

What's even more remarkable is the amount of time that gets spent on here exploring America's past.  Slavery, racism, colonization.  That's all perfectly acceptable to discuss, as it should be.  Yet the minute I bring up actual LITERAL Nazi's that existed in your country the conversation has become "mean spirited".  Shut it down.  We are NOT to disucss that.

I will say this, I apoligize if I'm coming across as rude.  I understand that I've blown up here.  But seriously think about what you wrote on a AMERICAN website to describe how people in your country think of us.  Then imagine that scenario with any number of other countries.  Imagine me going on another website and saying Americans laugh at that country for being stupid and ignorant.  Would that fly?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is what you said:

"I am from another country, and we laugh at americans for being uneducated, ignorant, fatasses, laughably patriotic, and lately especially for electing a person like Donald Trump."   

There's no mention of "the world".  You stated that Austrians laugh at America and listed a number of insults as examples.

Just because you follow it up with that it may unfair doesn't make it any less true.  These are things you claim people in your country laugh about.  If you don't believe these things that doesn't mean others don't, or you wouldn't have said it.

What I find so insulting about this is the double standard.  Its seem you have to walk on eggshells when talking about other countries.  Pointing out that the criminal element that finds it's way across the border imediately gets turned into "Racist american thinks all of latino people are criminals".

If I, a white American, stereotypes pretty much any other country or culture I'm opening myself up for critcism.  Perhaps rightfully so. But it's seems to be open season on America.  Americans are fat.  Americans are ignorant.  American's are idiots.  All fair game from the European perspective.  But good Lord if said "Turkish people are stupid" would there be an absolute shitshow.

What's even more remarkable is the amount of time that gets spent on here exploring America's past.  Slavery, racism, colonization.  That's all perfectly acceptable to discuss, as it should be.  Yet the minute I bring up actual LITERAL Nazi's that existed in your country the conversation has become "mean spirited".  Shut it down.  We are NOT to disucss that.

I will say this, I apoligize if I'm coming across as rude.  I understand that I've blown up here.  But seriously think about what you wrote on a AMERICAN website to describe how people in your country think of us.  Then imagine that scenario with any number of other countries.  Imagine me going on another website and saying Americans laugh at that country for being stupid and ignorant.  Would that fly?

I’m surprised you got so fired up over that comment.

I don’t know if you have been paying attention but we literally had a serial sexual assaulter lying conman narcissist as prez for 4 years that ended in an attempted coup and one of the frontmen was some whacked out lawyer who was in a Borat movie. Many other countries were laughing at us.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m surprised you got so fired up over that comment.

I don’t know if you have been paying attention but we literally had a serial sexual assaulter lying conman narcissist as prez for 4 years that ended in an attempted coup and one of the frontmen was some whacked out lawyer who was in a Borat movie. Many other countries were laughing at us.

Because I'm tired of people shitting on America.  The amount of space we takes up in the minds of Europeans heads is entirely disproportionate than the reverse.  There's smugness and double-standards abound.

Even worse is the Americans who go out of their way shit on America.  Most of them clueless idiots who have no real life experience and are being brainwashed by the sentiment that this is such a horrible place to live.

My favorite is when they say how much they wish they could leave to then state the only thing preventing them is getting into other countries.

Is America perfect?  No, of course not.  Is American the greatest country in the world?  No, because that's entirely subjective.  But the hell if it isn't one of the better countries to live in.

There's a reason that people literally die trying to get to this country.  There's a reason that we have more migration here than anyone else in the world.  But on the internet you would never know that.  This is a racist hell hole where people are getting shot left and right.  (Why would immigrants choose to go to a country that's so much more racist than elsewhere?)

If you really want to know why I'm so fired up is because I know what Hollodero said is true.  A lot of Europeans (at least online) don't hold favorable views on America.  They're quick to pounce on our failures why simultaneously ignoring their own.  A lot of conversation is nothing more than an exercise in how we can mock or belittle Americans.

Americans are " stupid", "ignorant" and "dumb" as they type away on their cellphones and computers, while using the internet which uses electricy.

Americans are "racist" while their country lets in less than 10% of the immigrants as America.

Americans are "fat" while watching Americans sports and seeing them almost always as a medal contender in every event in the Olympics.

I'm sorry, but it's absolutely bs.  And no one ever says shit.  "Oh, they think we're stupid and racist.  We DESERVE that."  Give me a ***** break.

I'll finally stop now.  This has been building up for awhile, and it has to do with many reasons other than his post.  I probably should stop reading the liberal subreddits and r/europe.  I'm so God damn tired of hearing this shit, and Americans actively participating in themselves being unfairly labeled and stereotyped.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is what you said:

Just because you follow it up with that it may unfair doesn't make it any less true. These are things you claim people in your country laugh about. If you don't believe these things that doesn't mean others don't, or you wouldn't have said it.

Well, it is true, people do bring up these things all the time, in Austria and elsewhere. I explained why I mentioned it, it was in contrast to what Mickey assumed the world is laughing at.
I for one, and I thought I made that clear, do not share those sentiments towards Americans. Well, to a large extent I don't. If people claim that Americans are just stupid, which indeed many people do, I reply by saying that's not my general experience, and I even used my experience on these boards as a counterexample; and I say here and there that I think Austrians in general are more stupid. But many many many people just hoard those clichés I mentioned. I did not mean to offend the US by mentioning this mere fact. It's just what it is, it's not my fault, don't shoot the messenger.

(05-07-2021, 06:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What I find so insulting about this is the double standard.  Its seem you have to walk on eggshells when talking about other countries.

Well, I'm just an individual, and with me you don't need to walk on eggshells when talking about Austria for whatever reason (we're pretty unimportant after all). Yeah we have a Nazi history and it ain't a pretty one. When you use that against me as an individual or use it to make me shut up and leave is when I take issue and stop the conversation.

If you want to talk bad about my country though, beat me to it. We still have an unpleasant amount of Nazis here, we're xenophobic, narrow-minded, have an incredible inferiority complex (probably from being inferior) leading to us celebrating if we have a freaking soccer referee at some game somewhere, we destroy our nature for tourism, elect corrupt politicians, drink way too much alcohol, also we're usually not winning any medals in summer olympic games... yeah that should do for a while here.

Lastly, I like the US very much, always liked it very much, I unequivocally state that it's a great country, albeit of course not one I consider flawless.

(05-07-2021, 06:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Pointing out that the criminal element that finds it's way across the border imediately gets turned into "Racist american thinks all of latino people are criminals".

Maybe so, but that's not on me really. I do think the way Trump talked about that was incendiary and appalling, that much is true. I would not say so if someone merely is for stricter immigration laws, that's perfectly legitimate, as is warning that criminal elements might find their way into the country if laws are too loose or whatever. If you scold me for what some others might have to say, you're scolding the wrong guy really.

(05-07-2021, 06:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If I, a white American, stereotypes pretty much any other country or culture I'm opening myself up for critcism.  Perhaps rightfully so. But it's seems to be open season on America.  Americans are fat.  Americans are ignorant.  American's are idiots.  All fair game from the European perspective.  But good Lord if said "Turkish people are stupid" would there be an absolute shitshow.

I widely agree with you on that. You can find my thoughts on that here, but honestly I wouldn't click on it if I were you. Just proves that I widely agree.

(05-07-2021, 06:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What's even more remarkable is the amount of time that gets spent on here exploring America's past.  Slavery, racism, colonization.  That's all perfectly acceptable to discuss, as it should be.  Yet the minute I bring up actual LITERAL Nazi's that existed in your country the conversation has become "mean spirited".  Shut it down.  We are NOT to disucss that.

The mean spirited remark was solely about the tone, not the facts.
If I scolded you personally for your ancestor's slaveowning or murdering natives, you'd be rightfully appalled; you might allow me the same courtesy if you bring up Nazis to belittle me.

(05-07-2021, 06:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I will say this, I apoligize if I'm coming across as rude.  I understand that I've blown up here.

You came off extremely rude, true; beyond just being a hard debater, which I'd be fine with. That being said, since you're no longer rude now, bygones be bygones, consider it scrapped.

(05-07-2021, 06:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:   But seriously think about what you wrote on a AMERICAN website to describe how people in your country think of us.  Then imagine that scenario with any number of other countries.  Imagine me going on another website and saying Americans laugh at that country for being stupid and ignorant.  Would that fly?

Again, I only wrote what is fact. If you come to an Austrian board and describe how Americans see Austria? Well, it depends I guess, I also guess there'd be little to say. You'd probably report that people know little about it and care little about it, as is to be expected. America, for sure, does not have quite the same privilege, unlike my tiny country you are big, powerful, important and well known around the world. But if there were a prevalent opinion about Austria in the US, I for one would just be curious to hear about it. I'm pretty academic that way.

---
Lastly, the two things I actually wanted to address: a) I am seldomly posting on JN because even though I watch football quite a lot, most people just have way more knowledge and especially more feel for the sport and I hardly find things to contribute. It's easier here. b) I even watched all three days of the freaking draft, even though day 1 lasted till around 7 am and I literally caught zero sleep that day. c) What goes on in America is important, has huge implications for the world. Other people spend large chunks of their free time watching soccer or collecting stamps or caring what Daenerys Targaryen is up to, which I do not unless she's undressed. I find the US and what's going on there the most exciting, real and unscripted TV show there is to be had, and consider it the most entertaining thing to follow. It's not exactly normal, but I would not go as far as to call that pathetic. Everyone's a freak with something I guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 07:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, it is true, people do bring up these things all the time, in Austria and elsewhere. I explained why I mentioned it, it was in contrast to what Mickey assumed the world is laughing at.
I for one, and I thought I made that clear, do not share those sentiments towards Americans. Well, to a large extent I don't. If people claim that Americans are just stupid, which indeed many people do, I reply by saying that's not my general experience, and I even used my experience on these boards as a counterexample; and I say here and there that I think Austrians in general are more stupid. But many many many people just hoard those clichés I mentioned. I did not mean to offend the US by mentioning this mere fact. It's just what it is, it's not my fault, don't shoot the messenger.

Well, I'm just an individual, and with me you don't need to walk on eggshells when talking about Austria for whatever reason (we're pretty unimportant after all). Yeah we have a Nazi history and it ain't a pretty one. When you use that against me as an individual or use it to make me shut up and leave is when I take issue and stop the conversation.

If you want to talk bad about my country though, beat me to it. We still have an unpleasant amount of Nazis here, we're xenophobic, narrow-minded, have an incredible inferiority complex (probably from being inferior) leading to us celebrating if we have a freaking soccer referee at some game somewhere, we destroy our nature for tourism, elect corrupt politicians, drink way too much alcohol, also we're usually not winning any medals in summer olympic games... yeah that should do for a while here.

Lastly, I like the US very much, always liked it very much, I unequivocally state that it's a great country, albeit of course not one I consider flawless.

Maybe so, but that's not on me really. I do think the way Trump talked about that was incendiary and appalling, that much is true. I would not say so if someone merely is for stricter immigration laws, that's perfectly legitimate, as is warning that criminal elements might find their way into the country if laws are too loose or whatever. If you scold me for what some others might have to say, you're scolding the wrong guy really.

I widely agree with you on that. You can find my thoughts on that here, but honestly I wouldn't click on it if I were you. Just proves that I widely agree.

The mean spirited remark was solely about the tone, not the facts.
If I scolded you personally for your ancestor's slaveowning or murdering natives, you'd be rightfully appalled; you might allow me the same courtesy if you bring up Nazis to belittle me.

You came off extremely rude, true; beyond just being a hard debater, which I'd be fine with. That being said, since you're no longer rude now, bygones be bygones, consider it scrapped.

Again, I only wrote what is fact. If you come to an Austrian board and describe how Americans see Austria? Well, it depends I guess, I also guess there'd be little to say. You'd probably report that people know little about it and care little about it, as is to be expected. America, for sure, does not have quite the same privilege, unlike my tiny country you are big, powerful, important and well known around the world. But if there were a prevalent opinion about Austria in the US, I for one would just be curious to hear about it. I'm pretty academic that way.

---
Lastly, the two things I actually wanted to address: a) I am seldomly posting on JN because even though I watch football quite a lot, most people just have way more knowledge and especially more feel for the sport and I hardly find things to contribute. It's easier here. b) I even watched all three days of the freaking draft, even though day 1 lasted till around 7 am and I literally caught zero sleep that day. c) What goes on in America is important, has huge implications for the world. Other people spend large chunks of their free time watching soccer or collecting stamps or caring what Daenerys Targaryen is up to, which I do not unless she's undressed. I find the US and what's going on there the most exciting, real and unscripted TV show there is to be had, and consider it the most entertaining thing to follow. It's not exactly normal, but I would not go as far as to call that pathetic. Everyone's a freak with something I guess.

So I'm going to send you a PM to properly apologize.  I lost a little bit of the context in your original post and I flew off the handle when I was skimming through and saw the "we laugh at Americans for..."

You unfortunately took the full blast of me being enranged by these commonly shared European thoughts on Americans.  I now better understand that you were speaking for others and not yourself, and perhaps even making light out of the converstation (Other countries think we're weak vs... ) Again, I do apologize for being so agressive.  I just get really tired of Europeans trashing Americans.  I find a lot of these conversations (not yours) incredibly unfair and biased.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 07:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So I'm going to send you a PM to properly apologize. 

Feel free to do so, don't deem it necessary though. As I said, bygones are bygones and I'm not really the long-term offended type.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 07:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: If I scolded you personally for your ancestor's slaveowning or murdering natives, you'd be rightfully appalled; you might allow me the same courtesy if you bring up Nazis to belittle me.

Point of quick clarification that could probably devolve into a completely seperate conversation:  My ancestry is a mixture of Irish, Romanian with a little bit of German.  My ancestors were either here slightly before, during or slightly after a lineage of people that immigrated here via Ellis Island. (late 1800's to early 1900's).

If by the off chance I'm wrong, and one these managed to arrive a bit earlier there's about a 100% chance they fought for the North in the Civil War.  My family has been in Ohio as far back as I can trace.  (Fwiw, I don't think I am wrong but I haven't done a 23 and me or anything like that.  Pretty sure I can be traced back to post Civil War)

So none of my ancestors murdered Natives or owned slaves.  In fact, there's a reason I listed Irish first is that is what I know is mostly what I'm a descendant of.  My grandfather used to tell me stories about how hard it was for his family when it was a kid. (He was born in the early 1900's)  The Irish themselves were treated pretty poorly.  Catholics faced a lot of discimination.

Note: I'm not pointing any of this out to absolve myself from any conversations about privilege or discrimimation in modern times.  I'm only doing so because here in America it's so often repeated that white people owned slaves, or white people stole from and slaughtered the natives.  In reality that's a very small select number of "white people".  The overwhelming majority of white people (Irish, German, Italian, ect.) had absolutely nothing to do with either.  I find the Irish as responsible for slavery or the natives as I do the Japanese or Indian-Americans (not at all).  The only thing in common is their skin tone.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is what you said:

You are a recent--and welcome--addition to this forum Wes. I've been dialoguing with Hollo for a couple of years.

My first discussion with him, he persuaded me that Austrians are far more ignorant and backward than I'd presumed--the equal our our own "deplorables," certainly. No one has to walk on eggshells around him.

He's also given a very positive assessment of the US liberation of Europe and subsequent politics. 

If I happen upon a post by him laughing at uneducated, ignorant, fatass Americans, I know he has shifted to ironic mode, role playing or whatever, and not turned into some Tyrol troll from Reddit. 

With the exception of maybe two posters whose initials begin with "B", I think the consensus is that Hollo is tempering and uplifting presence here, ready to poke fun at himself before others, and chock full of incisive political commentary.  We don't want to chase him away.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 06:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m surprised you got so fired up over that comment.

I didn't know Cuomo was Prez for 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 01:50 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I didn't know Cuomo was Prez for 4 years.

Yet big names in the Democratic party called for him to resign while the GOP embraced Trump (who still has more sexual assault allegations against him than Cuomo).
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 02:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yet big names in the Democratic party called for him to resign while the GOP embraced Trump (who still has more sexual assault allegations against him than Cuomo).

They both suck.  One with better policies.
Reply/Quote
Just when you think the "woke" cannot get any more insane............................"birthing people" instead of "mom". I guess the "woke" were not happy with the already super high bar of stupid they had achieved. At least they are overachievers at something.

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 02:18 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Correct.  They both suck.

This is a bit much leveling down for my taste. Sure, they both suck. Bels however rightfully pointed out that the one sucking person is under increased pressure to resign and seems to have lost his party's support. The other sucking person demands 100% loyalty of his party and his party is set to give it to him.

In that sense alone, it makes little sense to hold Cuomo against the democrats to the same extent one can hold Trump against the GOP.

There sure also might be a 974 page long expanation that they do not really suck an an equal footing, but since I'm a nice guy I spare you.

(05-10-2021, 02:22 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Just when you think the "woke" cannot get any more insane............................"birthing people" instead of "mom".  I guess the "woke" were not happy with the already super high bar of stupid they had achieved.  At least they are overachievers at something.

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!

I find it amazing how the conservative spectrum seems to have little else to do than to jump at instances like those as if they were part of the democratic party platform.

That world-shattering news like mourning something called Mr. Potatohead is amongst the most vital and most repeated attack lines at the opponent is a sad state of affairs. 
As for saying birthing people, no one will ever do that. Well, maybe someone. You can rightfully ridicule those chosen few.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 02:28 PM)hollodero Wrote: This is a bit much leveling down for my taste. Sure, they both suck. Bels however rightfully pointed out that the one sucking person is under increased pressure to resign and seems to have lost his party's support. The other sucking person demands 100% loyalty of his party and his party is set to give it to him.

In that sense alone, it makes little sense to hold Cuomo against the democrats to the same extent one can hold Trump against the GOP.

There sure also might be a 974 page long expanation that they do not really suck an an equal footing, but since I'm a nice guy I spare you.

I find it amazing how the conservative spectrum seems to have little else to do than to jump at instances like those as if they were part of the democratic party platform.

That world-shattering news like mourning something called Mr. Potatohead is amongst the most vital and most repeated attack lines at the opponent is a sad state of affairs. 
As for saying birthing people, no one will ever do that. Well, maybe someone. You can rightfully ridicule those chosen few.

Actually, the world-shattering news is that people have lost their effing minds to the point that they have to protest and rename Mr. Potoatohead along with canceling gendered terms in the House.

I don't care what each respective party says about Cuomo and Trump.  They both suck.  One just had some decent policies.  The dude who made it illegal to make my 10/22 LOOK like a scary weapon is not the one with decent policies.  

I don't want Trump in 2024.  I want someone with the same America first policy mindset, but without all the BS.

Who other than the Dems/Libs are pushing this crazy s@#t?  The problem is it is not just obscure "woke" people pushing this dumbness, it is also coming from high level elected leaders. 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 03:23 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Actually, the world-shattering news is that people have lost their effing minds to the point that they have to protest and rename Mr. Potoatohead along with canceling gendered terms in the House.

I don't care what each respective party says about Cuomo and Trump.  They both suck.  One just had some decent policies.  The dude who made it illegal to make my 10/22 LOOK like a scary weapon is not the one with decent policies.  

I don't want Trump in 2024.  I want someone with the same America first policy mindset, but without all the BS.

Who other than the Dems/Libs are pushing this crazy s@#t?  The problem is it is not just obscure "woke" people pushing this dumbness, it is also coming from high level elected leaders. 

I am not totally unsympathetic towards your stance regarding woke people. For sure, there is a subgroup in the liberal sepctrum that takes things too far and enters territory of ridiculousness, at least the way I see it. It annoys me too at times, as does the relative silence of others.
You, on the other hand, generealize these examples and turn it into an ideological battle that it really isn't. "The Libs" are more than their overly woke brink. Again, I could just as well say who else but the right pushes crazy shit like wild fires being caused by jewish lasers. Which is something Mrs. Greene suggested, and which does not get pushed except by "conservatives". Except that it isn't pushed by conservatives as a whole either. In short, you say "the Dems" and "the Libs" too often.

As for Cuomo vs. Trump, how can it not matter what each respective party says. It is the only thing that matters really. Is this king of sucking tolerated and endorsed. If it is not, one can not really hold it against a party exept for rightfully claiming one of their own turned out to suck. If it is, however, tolerated and endorsed like the GOP tolerates and endorses Trump, one can and should very much do so, and I find it hard to find an argument around that. You can still like the policies, but you don't really have a point.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 03:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: I am not totally unsympathetic towards your stance regarding woke people. For sure, there is a subgroup in the liberal sepctrum that takes things too far and enters territory of ridiculousness, at least the way I see it. It annoys me too at times, as does the relative silence of others.
You, on the other hand, generealize these examples and turn it into an ideological battle that it really isn't. "The Libs" are more than their overly woke brink. Again, I could just as well say who else but the right pushes crazy shit like wild fires being caused by jewish lasers. Which is something Mrs. Greene suggested, and which does not get pushed except by "conservatives". Except that it isn't pushed by conservatives as a whole either. In short, you say "the Dems" and "the Libs" too often.

As for Cuomo vs. Trump, how can it not matter what each respective party says. It is the only thing that matters really. Is this king of sucking tolerated and endorsed. If it is not, one can not really hold it against a party exept for rightfully claiming one of their own turned out to suck. If it is, however, tolerated and endorsed like the GOP tolerates and endorses Trump, one can and should very much do so, and I find it hard to find an argument around that. You can still like the policies, but you don't really have a point
In all fairness "wokeness" is a Dem/Lib exclusive.  They riot and burn their own communities stores/property down, loot their own communities stores, tear down statues, want to rename everything cause they are offended, erase gender, ANTIFA is still rioting, etc.  None of that is Rep/Con.  If it was I would call them out for being just as dumb.  Just like the Capital riots were stupid and not ok.
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2021/04/protesters-shatter-downtown-portland-windows-police-declare-riot.html
Again, they both suck and they should both be out of office. 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 04:15 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: In all fairness "wokeness" is a Dem/Lib exclusive.  They riot and burn their own communities stores/property down, loot their own communities stores, tear down statues, want to rename everything cause they are offended, erase gender, ANTIFA is still rioting, etc.

Didn't say wokeness specifically was distributed over both parties, that was not my point at all. One of my points is you constantly generalizing things saying "they". Liberals and Democrats as a whole riot and burn? Liberals and Democrats support Antifa? Or do Chuck and Nancy or any other democrat leader talk about Mr. Potatohead? Nope, it's rather those on your side doing that and getting you all worked up over something no one over the age of 6 has real reason to bother about. Imho it's a bit too easy to play you on things like that. Ohmygodohmygod Hasbro adds a new Potatohead figure without a specified gender ohmygodohmygod the Dems are crazy!!1!eleven!

Also, comparing Antifa to the Capitol riot fails on its face. No democrat leader goes out and defends Antifa breaking the law or demands loyalty to Antifa or threatens to censor anyone speaking out against Antifa. With the Capitol riot, the party leader loves those people and is in full endorsement of the lie that incited the deed, and whoever has a problem with that gets ousted. It's not two comparable events in that sense.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 04:15 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: In all fairness "wokeness" is a Dem/Lib exclusive.  They riot and burn their own communities stores/property down, loot their own communities stores, tear down statues, want to rename everything cause they are offended, erase gender, ANTIFA is still rioting, etc.  None of that is Rep/Con.  If it was I would call them out for being just as dumb.  Just like the Capital riots were stupid and not ok.
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2021/04/protesters-shatter-downtown-portland-windows-police-declare-riot.html
Again, they both suck and they should both be out of office. 

That's what I do. No stores left in my neighborhood. No statues either. 

My whiny Republican neighbors asked "why'd you destroy your own neighborhood? Ours too?! Now we have to drive to shop." 

After they said that I burned down the gas station too. 

LOL now let's see where they shop. 

PS I've got a five year supply of athletic socks and Diet Pepsi. Maybe Dems aren't so stoopid after all?
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 02:12 AM)Dill Wrote: That's what I do. No stores left in my neighborhood. No statues either. 

My whiny Republican neighbors asked "why'd you destroy your own neighborhood? Ours too?! Now we have to drive to shop." 

After they said that I burned down the gas station too. 

LOL now let's see where they shop. 

PS I've got a five year supply of athletic socks and Diet Pepsi.  Maybe Dems aren't so stoopid after all?

That is very sad.  
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 04:25 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That is very sad.  

My neighbors said the same thing.

Now they want me to share the Diet Pepsi.  

no deal.
Reply/Quote