Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CINCINNATI IS A LUCKY TOWN
(01-13-2016, 10:18 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: The reds have the longest postseason series winning drought in baseball

The bengals have the longest postseason winning drought in football

Lucky!  The homer trolls are so desperate.   Now we should be thankful for the teams not moving

Lol

Again you totally miss the point.. you can ***** about it because we have two teams in such a small market.. and we also have world series championships and made it to the Super Bowl... 

Who Dey to the anti trolls like you
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also, metro cincy has more population than metro Cleveland and Kansas City.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

But, I bet you're talking city limits! Lol, so deluded
Reply/Quote
Bengal fans should thank the Football Gods that Mike Brown is such a traditionalist.   Any other owner would have taken his team to greener pastures and not had to deal with Cincinnati politics to get his stadium financed.  He also wouldn't be 28th in the league in attendance in spite of fielding a team that started 8-0.

The OP's point is correct.  Cincy is a terrible market and getting worse.  If the Bengals ever leave it will never see an NFL team again.  Games only sell out when visiting fans sell them out and the club seats are a barren wasteland at most games.  It's an embarrassment.  

Hats off to those who can be bothered to get off the couch and show up.  We  do  manage to make a respectable amount of noise.
WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...And yet NFL teams have already failed twice in LA.

What I have never understood is why no NFL team has ever talked about moving to Chicago. The city already has two MLB teams successfully, and it's big enough to support a second NFL team. The greater Chicago area has like 10 million people, and they are actually sports fans unlike LA.

I'm just guessing here, but I have to wonder if there are a lot of Packer fans in Chicago. And to a lesser degree Indy is close by also. So I have to wonder if Chicago could support another team for this reason.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:52 PM)Roland Wrote: Bengal fans should thank the Football Gods that Mike Brown is such a traditionalist.   Any other owner would have taken his team to greener pastures and not had to deal with Cincinnati politics to get his stadium financed.  He also wouldn't be 28th in the league in attendance in spite of fielding a team that started 8-0.

The OP's point is correct.  Cincy is a terrible market and getting worse.  If the Bengals ever leave it will never see an NFL team again.  Games only sell out when visiting fans sell them out and the club seats are a barren wasteland at most games.  It's an embarrassment.  

Hats off to those who can be bothered to get off the couch and show up.  We  do  manage to make a respectable amount of noise.
WhoDey2
we were 24th i believe this year in attendance but not much really separates 24th to 17th, like 2 percent.. amazing Dallas and Washington has worse pct attendance
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:26 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Unless you think have this kind of owner for your home town team is lucky:

"Davis voting against the Inglewood proposal makes sense; he supported his joint proposal with Chargers' owner Dean Spanos for a stadium in Carson. But why on earth would Brown? Having a team (or two teams) in LA will increase revenue for the league as a whole, and increased revenue is split roughly evenly among the 32 teams. What was Brown's rationale?

Let's hear it from Florio:
Brown has a well-documented reputation for refusing to go along with anything that helps the league become bigger and better. His primary concern in those situations is the impact of the new revenue on the salary cap.
So Brown prefers the status quo, especially when the status quo doesn’t require him to spend more money on players.
If this is true, and Brown sincerely voted against moving the Rams to LA because it would ultimately mean he has to pay his players more, Cincinnati's playoff drought (they haven't won a playoff game since 1991!) isn't ending any time soon."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bengals-owner-may-rejected-rams-175306964.html

I believe PFT's report was found to be bullshit, unless it changed again. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: we were 24th i believe this year in attendance but not much really separates 24th to 17th, like 2 percent.. amazing Dallas and Washington has worse pct attendance

NeXT year bengsls will be bottom 3 in attendanc
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 10:28 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Greater Los Angeles has over 18 million residents, you idiot.

Doesn't make it a good sports town. You dolt.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:48 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Mike voted against the Rams move.  I am proud of him if he voted that way because he understands that a strong midwest sports city like St Louis deserves the Rams.  

I heard Tebow talking about being on a official visit to USC and Reggie Bush flipped over a defender into the end zone and the crowd gave a mild golf clap.  Hope this move backfires on the Rams.  LA, Miami these are event towns not sports towns.  If the team has a drought you'll see empty seats everywhere.  But maybe the NFL won't let them stink too bad for too long.  They seem to have their ways of meddling

It is about the television contract, which is where the real money comes from.  That is why Brown supported it, because he knows it will drive higher revenues across the entire league.  Not to mention there were a lot of empty seats at Rams games as well...
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:09 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: NeXT year bengsls will be bottom 3 in attendanc

NOPE
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:00 AM)BengalRed Wrote: I'm just guessing here, but I have to wonder if there are a lot of Packer fans in Chicago. And to a lesser degree Indy is close by also. So I have to wonder if Chicago could support another team for this reason.
Maybe, but it's not like the East Coast doesn't have the Redskins, Ravens, Giants, Jets, and Eagles all relatively packed in together.

If I were an NFL owner and I had to share a city anyway, I would try my luck in Chicago rather than a city that's already proven itself twice to not be able to support an NFL team. That's all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:09 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: NeXT year bengsls will be bottom 3 in attendanc

They was actally top 5 this year. Don't see how they can go from top 5 to bottom three, even after that heart breaker of a year. 

I'd say they go down to around top 10ish
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:55 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: They was actally top 5 this year. Don't see how they can go from top 5 to bottom three, even after that heart breaker of a year. 

I'd say they go down to around top 10ish

I see it middle of the pack-ish. Can you imagine how many reactionary season ticket cancellations there were? Imagine this message board in the 24 hours following the game. Then think if we had all been out in the pouring rain, with a bunch of shitty Steelers fans, watching a farce of a game, and realize we all could save thousands of dollars a year with a phone call.

I see them more in the 15-18 range this year. Right in that middleground.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 03:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I see it middle of the pack-ish. Can you imagine how many reactionary season ticket cancellations there were? Imagine this message board in the 24 hours following the game. Then think if we had all been out in the pouring rain, with a bunch of shitty Steelers fans, watching a farce of a game, and realize we all could save thousands of dollars a year with a phone call.

I see them more in the 15-18 range this year. Right in that middleground.

They don't renew until the spring, correct?  By that point I think frustrations will have calmed down.  My uncle was a season ticket holder forever and would always threaten that he was "done", but would buy the same seats every year... lol
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:48 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Mike voted against the Rams move.  I am proud of him if he voted that way because he understands that a strong midwest sports city like St Louis deserves the Rams.  

I heard Tebow talking about being on a official visit to USC and Reggie Bush flipped over a defender into the end zone and the crowd gave a mild golf clap.  Hope this move backfires on the Rams.  LA, Miami these are event towns not sports towns.  If the team has a drought you'll see empty seats everywhere.  But maybe the NFL won't let them stink too bad for too long.  They seem to have their ways of meddling

I've always felt that Miami was a bad sports town. Every single team down there is always brought up when it comes to empty stadiums. I believe Miami U. had a photo posted on Twitter right at kickoff of every game this year and the stadium is practically empty. Think about that, The U can't attract anyone. Heat games were empty until LeBron got there. Florida Panthers games were known for extremely low attendance (34 could tell us about that). The Marlins built a new stadium and no one goes. A guy wrote about going to their new stadium within the first month of the season and had the left field grandstands all to himself.

Thinking about the Jags, Bucs, and Rays. Florida just seems bad in general for sport. Florida and Florida State are the only teams who can attract anyone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 10:18 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: The reds have the longest postseason series winning drought in baseball

The bengals have the longest postseason winning drought in football

Lucky!  The homer trolls are so desperate.   Now we should be thankful for the teams not moving

Lol

Are you serious? Like, really serious? Surely not?

Yeah the postseason droughts are disgraceful, but yes fans of these teams should absolutely be thankful the teams aren't moving. Im from England and would hate to see the Bengals move, and it affects me not one bit. I cant imagine what it would be like for people actually in Ohio or Cincinnati to see their team up and move 500 miles away.
Reply/Quote
Florida teams have a problem and it's not tough to figure out. A huge percentage of Florida residents are from northern states like NY ,etc.. My gf was born and raised in Florida. There are a lot of towns that become ghost towns during the off season. The population is always in flux.It's probably the most transient state and to a large extent LA suffers from the same problem. Nobody has a winter house in Cincinnati and a summer house in Manitoba..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: Nobody has a winter house in Cincinnati and a summer house in Manitoba..

That was my powerball dream (sigh).
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 05:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've always felt that Miami was a bad sports town. Every single team down there is always brought up when it comes to empty stadiums. I believe Miami U. had a photo posted on Twitter right at kickoff of every game this year and the stadium is practically empty. Think about that, The U can't attract anyone. Heat games were empty until LeBron got there. Florida Panthers games were known for extremely low attendance (34 could tell us about that). The Marlins built a new stadium and no one goes. A guy wrote about going to their new stadium within the first month of the season and had the left field grandstands all to himself.

Thinking about the Jags, Bucs, and Rays. Florida just seems bad in general for sport. Florida and Florida State are the only teams who can attract anyone.

Florida teams do really well when they are winning.  Otherwise, there are just too many things to do.  You brought up University of Miami... they have been bad for so long that it's not even funny.  The Marlins have a fire sale just about every year.  The Rays play in a dungeon... it is difficult to get to and was not built for baseball.  That said, when they are winning attendance goes way up.  Up to a couple years ago, Bucs tickets were extremely difficult to come by.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown voted for the Rams to move to Los Angeles. All that speculation that he voted against was incorrect. http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Brown-backs-Inglewood-plan-for-LA/958acfff-9de3-4886-b437-bbf3113da887
Reply/Quote