Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Mosely to sign with Jets
Rappaport is reporting that Mosely will sign a 5yr, 85 million dollar deal with the Jets (with 51 million guaranteed).

Damn, makes me think the Bengals could have done that and cut Burfict.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 07:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Rappaport is reporting that Mosely will sign a 5yr, 85 million dollar deal with the Jets (with 51 million guaranteed).

Seventeen mil a year for a non pass rushing LB who is so-so in pass defense?  Seems excessive.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
QB money for a MLB.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 07:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Rappaport is reporting that Mosely will sign a 5yr, 85 million dollar deal with the Jets (with 51 million guaranteed).

That is a lot of money for a LB so I see now why Ravens in cap hell because of poor Flacco contract had no shot. The question becomes who will step for the Ravens and fill the gap of a great LB. He also along with Weddle called defensive signals. I know the Ravens has had good to great defenses over the years, the were #1 in 2018.

How far will they fall in 2019? They have lost Mosely, Weddle, Suggs and Smith. It is not easy to replace any 4 starters, but one of them was also a stud in his prime so that hurts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is a lot of money for a LB so I see now why Ravens in cap hell because of poor Flacco contract had no shot. The question becomes who will step for the Ravens and fill the gap of a great LB. He also along with Weddle called defensive signals. I know the Ravens has had good to great defenses over the years, the were #1 in 2018.

How far will they fall in 2019? They have lost Mosely, Weddle, Suggs and Smith. It is not easy to replace any 4 starters, but one of them was also a stud in his prime so that hurts.

That's a good thing for us.  They have lost a lot of good players over the years and just when you think they're bound to take a step back, somehow they don't.  Maybe this will be the time they can't.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:04 PM)McC Wrote: That's a good thing for us.  They have lost a lot of good players over the years and just when you think they're bound to take a step back, somehow they don't.  Maybe this will be the time they can't.

The have nowhere to go in defensive rankings but worse since they were number 1. They will drop, will it be 5th or will it be 10th or higher is the question. Since they do not have a dominant offense, will this derail  them in 2019 making way for us and others like the browns to win the AFCN?

In our case, we have a ton of work to do, but I could see Browns beating Ravens twice and AFCN champ in 2019.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 06:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The have nowhere to go in defensive rankings but worse since they were number 1. They will drop, will it be 5th or will it be 10th or higher is the question. Since they do not have a dominant offense, will this derail  them in 2019 making way for us and others like the browns to win the AFCN?

In our case, we have a ton of work to do, but I could see Browns beating Ravens twice and AFCN champ in 2019.

The Browns are looking pretty good on paper right now.

Reply/Quote

The Jets are really trying to waste that cap space they had this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:18 PM)McC Wrote: Seventeen mil a year for a non pass rushing LB who is so-so in pass defense?  Seems excessive.

It will not likely see the entire contract in its current state, but I agree.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is a lot of money for a LB so I see now why Ravens in cap hell because of poor Flacco contract had no shot. The question becomes who will step for the Ravens and fill the gap of a great LB. He also along with Weddle called defensive signals. I know the Ravens has had good to great defenses over the years, the were #1 in 2018.

I'm still surprised the Rats let someone go in the prime of his career.  They could have franchise tagged him and I wouldn't imagine the LB tag is very high.
Reply/Quote
and just like that Earl Thomas replaces Eric Weddle
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and just like that Earl Thomas replaces Eric Weddle

You have to give the Ravens credit, they always have a plan, then a back up plan. I still don't think they will be a great team in 2019 because their offense and QB is so bad, but they always make an attempt and go after winning. Great pick up not just for 2019, but next 4 years for Ravens.

Then there is the Bengals, who show their fans no desire to win anything, then wonder why they can't fill the stands.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 04:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You have to give the Ravens credit, they always have a plan, then a back up plan. I still don't think they will be a great team in 2019 because their offense and QB is so bad, but they always make an attempt and go after winning. Great pick up not just for 2019, but next 4 years for Ravens.

Then there is the Bengals, who show their fans no desire to win anything, then wonder why they can't fill the stands.

I mean they had the #2 rushing game that just swapped out Alex Collins for Mark Ingram and Greg Roman is running the offense now. His ground games averaged 3rd over his 6 years as an OC. 

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 08:36 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mean they had the #2 rushing game that just swapped out Alex Collins for Mark Ingram and Greg Roman is running the offense now. His ground games averaged 3rd over his 6 years as an OC. 

Indeed. The losses so far in the lb core will be felt but safety and rb were upgraded. I don’t see one position yet that was improved for the bengals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

That's good news.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 09:27 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Indeed.  The losses so far in the lb core will be felt but safety and rb were upgraded.  I don’t see one position yet that was improved for the bengals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB becomes a big need. Hopefully Decosta will be as good as Ozzie at drafting that position.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 08:36 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mean they had the #2 rushing game that just swapped out Alex Collins for Mark Ingram and Greg Roman is running the offense now. His ground games averaged 3rd over his 6 years as an OC. 

Ingram has been working hard to get better at catching the ball out of the backfield, but Im still not sold that he's much of an upgrade. I think he does best as a two down back, but still needs to be in a RBBC system.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2019, 10:17 AM)Beaker Wrote: Ingram has been working hard to get better at catching the ball out of the backfield, but Im still not sold that he's much of an upgrade. I think he does best as a two down back, but still needs to be in a RBBC system.

They have 3 RBs for the committee:

Edwards
Ingram
Jackson 

Reply/Quote