Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Uzomah Injured
He apparently got carted off. That makes TE awfully sketchy since it means we're just an inevitable Eifert injury away from witnessing Kroft as the starter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 04:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He apparently got carted off. That makes TE awfully sketchy since it means we're just an inevitable Eifert injury away from witnessing Kroft as the starter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We are going to lose guys to injuries....it sounds bad, but it could have been worse.
Reply/Quote
Also, this should help keep Hewitt on the roster (if his spot was ever in jeopardy) and easily justifies keeping seven WRs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Man................ wonder what it would take to get Cole Hikutini from SF???
Reply/Quote
Uzomah wasn't exactly starter material anyway. If we lose Eifert again we're screwed with or without Uzomah.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 05:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Man................ wonder what it would take to get Cole Hikutini from SF???

Gary Barnidge is probably docked up at Put In Bay right now, with a pair of Lake Erie 7's blowing him. 

I'd send him a text 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 05:28 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Gary Barnidge is probably docked up at Put In Bay right now, with a pair of Lake Erie 7's blowing him. 

I'd send him a text 

Your not signing Barnidge unless Eiffert goes down. At this point it's Kroft and Hewitt.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 05:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your not signing Barnidge unless Eiffert goes down. At this point it's Kroft and Hewitt.

Why?  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 05:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your not signing Barnidge unless Eiffert goes down. At this point it's Kroft and Hewitt.

Plus we drafted a guy you know
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 05:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Plus we drafted a guy you know

That guy's not making the 53 man
Reply/Quote
Damn ! Hope it's not that serious.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 05:32 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Why?  

Because Barnidge isn't coming here to be a back up, and we aren't going to pay him starter money to be a back up. Barnidge is waiting on a starter to go down at this point. He went on visits and didn't sign there is a reason for that.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 04:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He apparently got carted off. That makes TE awfully sketchy since it means we're just an inevitable Eifert injury away from witnessing Kroft as the starter.

Glad Kroft is having a good preseason and seems healthy 
Reply/Quote
Hopefully just a sprain.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 05:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Uzomah wasn't exactly starter material anyway. If we lose Eifert again we're screwed with or without Uzomah.

Yeah, but you just went from having a bicycle as a backup for when your unreliable car breaks, to having a razor scooter or something.

(08-07-2017, 05:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Plus we drafted a guy you know

In the 7th round (251st pick).

He had 107/1,113/6 in 39 games/4 years in college... in MAC. His only good year (2016) the conference had a collective .474 record and was 0-6 in Bowl games. Home to CFB "powerhouses" like the Ohio Bobcats, Toledo Rockets, and Akron Zips.

Dude is PS material at best.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 05:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Because Barnidge isn't coming here to be a back up, and we aren't going to pay him starter money to be a back up. Barnidge is waiting on a starter to go down at this point. He went on visits and didn't sign there is a reason for that.

If they wanted him bad enough, on a one year deal,  he'd be here.

He made 1.75 million last year  - starting in Clev

For 1.5 he would sign with the Bengals, regardless of Eifert 
Reply/Quote
Too bad. I think Uzomah was one of the most improved guys on the team last year, and I hoped the improvement would translate to this year. Maybe it isn't as bad as it looked. Like others have said, the Bengals are going to have to finally start using Hewitt again as a tight end. It's the smart thing to do.
Reply/Quote
Anyone know how our 7th RD draft pick TE has looked so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 06:09 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: If they wanted him bad enough, on a one year deal,  he'd be here.

He made 1.75 million last year  - starting in Clev

For 1.5 he would sign with the Bengals, regardless of Eifert 

Then why did he pass after his actual visits? Or better yet why did those teams pass on him? Or why did Hue Jackson for that matter cut him? They didn't need cap and they run te same offense. See I think there is more to this than hey go sign that guy people have heard of.
Reply/Quote