Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Uzomah Injured
(08-07-2017, 08:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Then why did he pass after his actual visits? Or better yet why did those teams pass on him? Or why did Hue Jackson for that matter cut him? They didn't need cap and they run te same offense. See I think there is more to this than hey go sign that guy people have heard of.

Because he's old.  He likely spent copious amounts of time in the training room, during his time with Cleveland.  A broken down player is going to want a final pay day, to put up with the pounding.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 06:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but you just went from having a bicycle as a backup for when your unreliable car breaks, to having a razor scooter or something.

In the 7th round (251st pick).

He had 107/1,113/6 in 39 games/4 years in college... in MAC. His only good year (2016) the conference had a collective .474 record and was 0-6 in Bowl games. Home to CFB "powerhouses" like the Ohio Bobcats, Toledo Rockets, and Akron Zips.

Dude is PS material at best.

dont be so quick to snub your nose at him.  He has made plays in the two practices I've seen.  Ps is probably where he will end up.  I'm not prepared to forecast greatness from him but he could be diamond in the rough.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 06:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but you just went from having a bicycle as a backup for when your unreliable car breaks, to having a razor scooter or something.

He had 107/1,113/6 in 39 games/4 years in college... in MAC. His only good year (2016) the conference had a collective .474 record and was 0-6 in Bowl games. Home to CFB "powerhouses" like the Ohio Bobcats, Toledo Rockets, and Akron Zips.

Because no NFL starter has ever come out of the MAC?
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because he's old.  He likely spent copious amounts of time in the training room, during his time with Cleveland.  A broken down player is going to want a final pay day, to put up with the pounding.

31 isn't that old...

And dude still had 55 catches last year.... or more than eiferts career high.

Not saying he is better than TYler so please don't get what I am saying mixed up.

But barnidge would be a great insurance policy, especially given eiferts history.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 10:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 31 isn't that old...

And dude still had 55 catches last year.... or more than eiferts career high.

Not saying he is better than TYler so please don't get what I am saying mixed up.

But barnidge would be a great insurance policy, especially given eiferts history.

I wasn't trying to say that he was garbage.  However, he took a hell of a beating in '15, when he was basically the Browns primary receiver.  Age, as in the actual number means little, compared to the number of jarring collisions collected on the body.  To put it in perspective, I've seen 5 year old trucks that were done, because they not only had 150K on them, but they lived a hard 150K.  Hope that analogy makes sense.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 11:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wasn't trying to say that he was garbage.  However, he took a hell of a beating in '15, when he was basically the Browns primary receiver.  Age, as in the actual number means little, compared to the number of jarring collisions collected on the body.  To put it in perspective, I've seen 5 year old trucks that were done, because they not only had 150K on them, but they lived a hard 150K.  Hope that analogy makes sense.

Up until the last 2 years he wasn't even utilized that way. So he took a pounding for the last 2 years, yet is more durable than our starting TE? Again, love eifert he is a difference maker but even his pro bowl
Year his TD rate was unsustainable.

Barnidge, or any capable TE as a #2 here that likely starts at least 3 games is more valuable than people realize. With that said, he won't come here, and at some point this season we are starting Kroft at TE. Or UZ if he isn't hurt as bad as it looks
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 11:23 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Up until the last 2 years he wasn't even utilized that way.  So he took a pounding for the last 2 years, yet is more durable than our starting TE?  Again, love eifert he is a difference maker but even his pro bowl
Year his TD rate was unsustainable.  

Barnidge, or any capable TE as a #2 here that likely starts at least 3 games is more valuable than people realize.  With that said, he won't come here, and at some point this season we are starting Kroft at TE.  Or UZ if he isn't hurt as bad as it looks

Whoa, we're going in circles, here.  This whole thing started when I asserted that Barnidge wants starter money.  He's not fast, but he's got good hands and route skills.  He's older.  I'm saying that the Bengals aren't going to pony up whatever he considers "starter money", plus he may spend more time in the training tank than on the practice field.  That doesn't go over very well in Bengal land.

Heck, we don't even know if Uzomah is really injured, or if it's just a sprain..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
OMG, OMG, OMG.. His foot was amputated on the field! 

Nah..probably just a hang nail or something..
I'm assuming it's not THAT serious or we woulda heard by now that it's just a stinger and will only need reconstructive surgery after the season, two days before next seasons training camp..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
You know what that means?

Time to....

GET SCHRECKED

[Image: schreck_20150905fb_0949web.0.0.0.jpg]
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully its nothing to serious.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis says CJ Uzomah has a sprained ankle. Uzomah was carted off practice yesterday after getting tangled up with another player's foot on a play. - Katherine Terrell, ESPN Staff Writer
Reply/Quote
It's just a bone bruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
A serious sprain could take months to recover from...it all depends on how much damage done to the ligaments. I doubt he plays at all during pre-season and we'll be lucky if he returns to practice.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Well you know that Gates was undrafted and played for kent state.... so lets not just judge by drat round and college 
Reply/Quote

I don't know that you can discount Mason Schreck if you ever had hope for Uzomah coming out of college.

Uzomah's total college production line at Auburn:
29 receptions, 435 yards, 7 TDs

Schreck at Buffalo:
107 receptions, 1113 yards, 6 TDs

Obviously Auburn plays in a better conference than Buffalo, but Uzomah was a very raw project coming out of college with little production and no actual TE coach.
And while I preferred Hikutini over Schreck, Schreck at least had a decent career at Buffalo and an actual TE coach.

If Jonathan Hayes can get Uzomah to become relevant in the NFL, he probably shouldn't have too tough of a time to do the same with Schreck as a TE3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 02:29 PM)pally Wrote: A serious sprain could take months to recover from...it all depends on how much damage done to the ligaments. I doubt he plays at all during pre-season and we'll be lucky if he returns to practice.

Hell yea, I've had sprains that left my foot purple for over a month. Doctors told me sometimes it's even worse than a broken ankle.
Reply/Quote
We also have this guy on the roster...Just take a look...In case Uzomah is on the shelf for a while.

Cethan Carter  TE our of Nebraska/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TP2j9ZP888
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 02:26 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You know what that means?

Time to....

GET SCHRECKED

[Image: schreck_20150905fb_0949web.0.0.0.jpg]

Haha, like it.

BTW was impressed by the way this guy plays, he can block and catch and is a big man like Uzi.

Still like Uzi more for his speed for his size, hope he gets well soon. Those ankle sprains can be rough.
Reply/Quote