Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Uzomah only targeted 19 times?
(10-28-2021, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Seriously! I mean, you double Chase, we'll throw to Higgins and Boyd. Got them covered, we'll throw to CJ. Oh, you shut that down too, we'll we'll just run the ball at you with Mixon and Perine, and toss in some play actions with them and Evans. Talk about a starting lineup.

It's a good problem to have, that's for sure.  Feels pretty damn good.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I remember those conversations.... Joe said he'd ask CJ what stupid tattoo he got that week. Hilarious
I definitely think rehabbing together helped their on field chemistry. 

Both have funny personalities, it always keeps things light which keeps everybody from getting down on themselves when things go 
wrong. Uzo is always in Burrow's ear, said all he heard was it was national TE day last Sunday all week lol
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 09:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Seriously! I mean, you double Chase, we'll throw to Higgins and Boyd. Got them covered, we'll throw to CJ. Oh, you shut that down too, we'll we'll just run the ball at you with Mixon and Perine, and toss in some play actions with them and Evans. Talk about a starting lineup.

We have better weapons than 2015, when everyone said we were stacked.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If anyone was following last year, Joe constantly talked about the discussions he and "former QB" CJ had in the trainer's room as they rehabbed together. bfine pointed this out often and suggested a big year from CJ. Of course bfine was also not a fan of JaMarr Chase so despite what many believe he's only human..

Bfine never said "Bfine".   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:28 PM)Tony Wrote: I think He benefits a lot from the 3 Amigos, Chase , Boyd and Higgins... There is only So many guys a defense can Key in on....

Remember when the Colts had their three amigos?  Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison?  They would build a lead and then unleash their pass rush.  

Peyton said publicly something to the effect of:  "We think our third best option is better than your third best cover guy".  That is a lot of what we will be seeing here.  

As potent as the offense has been the last two weeks, Burrow has been saying that they are still not quite there and can be better.  Frightening.  The defense has been there from week 1, and the offense just keeps getting better and better.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Remember when the Colts had their three amigos?  Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison?  They would build a lead and then unleash their pass rush.  

Peyton said publicly something to the effect of:  "We think our third best option is better than your third best cover guy".  That is a lot of what we will be seeing here.  

As potent as the offense has been the last two weeks, Burrow has been saying that they are still not quite there and can be better.  Frightening.  The defense has been there from week 1, and the offense just keeps getting better and better.  

This is what has me excited. Burrow is getting further and further into his rehab, getting more mobile, learning from his mistakes (like the wobblin gobblin he threw into the end zone last week), Chase is getting more NFL experience, and it seems barring injury the team will be peaking right at Playoff time, which is when you want them peaking.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: CJ before the Ravens game. Pretty awesome interview. Very well spoken.

Here's another preview. The Bengals went out and executed their plan. Their only penalty was from the 6th lineman late in the game when they were running to run the clock

Absolutely love CJ.  He is hilarious, but also a damn good TE.  I want to see him (or even Sample or Wilcox...that might catch someone!) do the TE screen.  My fav play and is almost always good for 10 yards.  As a DE, there is nothing more demoralizing to think you are going to get a shot on a QB only to have him spin around and toss a screen the other direction and he doesn't get touched.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is what has me excited. Burrow is getting further and further into his rehab, getting more mobile, learning from his mistakes (like the wobblin gobblin he threw into the end zone last week), Chase is getting more NFL experience, and it seems barring injury the team will be peaking right at Playoff time, which is when you want them peaking.

Just the fact that they could make the playoffs.  Joe Burrow in year 2 at the helm in the playoffs has a pretty damn good track record.  I am not saying I would be happy to just get in and be the 7 seed or something, as they are in position to actually play for home field.  

It is just so damn exciting right now.  Take care of business against the Jets, and then beat a Cleveland team at home (where the jungle will likely be shaking with a 6=2 team coming home from an undefeated 3 game road trip) and then rest and recover over the bye.  They are in position that I don't think any of us saw when the season started.  And as you said about peaking, they only seem to be getting better week after week.  
Reply/Quote