Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Uzomah to re-sign
Per Ian Rapaport. 3 years, 18M
Reply/Quote
That’s high end number 2 TE money it’s about what we should of expected Id give a slight thumbs up
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who sees resign instead of re-sign and thinks "Wait, what?!" for a millisecond? I thought Uzomah got in some legal trouble and was resigning in order to save face...well, again just for a split second.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Am I the only one who sees resign instead of re-sign and thinks "Wait, what?!" for a millisecond? I thought Uzomah got in some legal trouble and was resigning in order to save face...well, again just for a split second.

Yes me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Glad to see this one. I think CJ earned the contract.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Am I the only one who sees resign instead of re-sign and thinks "Wait, what?!" for a millisecond?  I thought Uzomah got in some legal trouble and was resigning in order to save face...well, again just for a split second.

Lol, you're not the only one.  At first I looked, and thought, "He quit??".  LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
$6 million a year is insanely overpaid. 43 catches for 439 yards.

Here's his PFF writeup:

The Cincinnati Bengals drafted C.J. Uzomah in the fifth round of the 2015 draft as a developmental prospect at tight end. Four seasons later, Uzomah has struggled to achieve the stats of a league-average player at the position. While he’s had to share snaps with Tyler Eifert and Tyler Kroft, both were injured early this year, and Uzomah failed to take advantage of the opportunity, producing a 57.4 grade that ranks 34th out of 41 qualifying tight ends.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-c-j-uzomah
Reply/Quote
WAY WAY over priced..classic Bengal move just like Dre and Rey M
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Good for CJ. He is a guy who's improved each season. This might be the year he really breaks out, especially with a better offensive HC running the show.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:44 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Good for CJ. He is a guy who's improved each season. This might be the year he really breaks out, especially with a better offensive HC running the show.

$6 million a year is paying him like he already broke out.

$3 million for Hopkins. $6 million a year for Uzomah.

We're going to have the highest paid backups in the NFL!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: $6 million a year is paying him like he already broke out.

We got our wish...the Bengals overpaid for a FA!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We got our wish...the Bengals overpaid for a FA!!!

With the $6 million for Uzomah and $3 million for Hopkins we could have went out and got Jordan Hicks or a top tier LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: $6 million a year is paying him like he already broke out.

Bingo. Stupid move, like Dre and Rey M and even Vinnie Rey. They wont overpay for a hole like OL and LB but they will for backups and average players..ugg...this team never learns how to manage a cap
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Cap goes up every single year. Uzomah was at least reliable last year. This deal shouldn’t hamper anything else they should do. Look at some of the other deals today 12-15 million per year for players being thrown around all over the place.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
6 Million per ties him for 15th TE and is on par with the contract Nick Boyle just signed last week. This is the going price for a serviceable starting TE. Playing the end of the year with the bum shoulder didn't help but I think he can be a 600-700 yard a year TE.
Reply/Quote

Didnt you just say that since the salary cap increased player contracts will inflate?

Have you not seen the contracts that are being reported?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With the $6 million for Uzomah and $3 million for Hopkins we could have went out and got Jordan Hicks or a top tier LB.

Fml.
Reply/Quote
Same as what Doyle just got from BAL, so not surprised.
At that range, I expect any other TE to come from the draft or be a true backup level guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 04:48 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Cap goes up every single year. Uzomah was at least reliable last year. This deal shouldn’t hamper anything else they should do. Look at some of the other deals today 12-15 million per year for players being thrown around all over the place.

He's a reliable backup...but our offense stagnated once Eifert got hurt.

Why not hold the money and wait until teams spend through their cap room and then come in and sign a good LB or Offensive Lineman.
Reply/Quote
Why? He’s hasn’t done enough for that contract. Way to much money for a backup TE and if he’s not a backup , then it’ll be another long year.’
Reply/Quote