Expected. Bengals and season ending injuries go hand in hand
Reply/Quote
Sample's time to shine
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sample time....
Reply/Quote
Sucks. He looked good last night.

Gotta be honest, this dude is another obvious cut after the season. He's going into his last year of his deal and is due 6.33 mil. He only carries 1 mil in dead cap space. (5.3 mil in savings)

Add him to the pile that is AJ, Carlos, Geno, and Hart for clearing space. Can't pay this dude that much money, coming off an achilies, with the production he's had in his time here.
Reply/Quote
Sample filled in decently last night, hopefully he’ll continue to do so. Great one handed catch too that I didn’t expect at all lol
Reply/Quote
Next man up! Cethan Carter?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Next man up! Cethan Carter?

Schreck comes up from the PS and this is HIS last chance as well.

That's what I'd do; guy is a willing blocker (didn't say good lol, but we'll see), moves well for his size and has good hands.

Put him at TE2 and give Sample's route responsibilities to him, while Sample does Ceej's.

Felt so bad for him last night.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If this team was smart they'd ship something like a 5th round pick over to Tampa Bay for Cameron Brate.

He only makes 4.25 mil this season, and carries no gurantees beyond 2020 (Can be released with no dead cap hit).

PS I know this team isn't smart, so they won't do this. But if they were, they would. Shreck and Carter are absolute bums.
Reply/Quote
Ugh we were already super thin at TE as it was.

I hope Sample can stay healthy. I don’t want to see much of these PS guys.

Reply/Quote
They don't fix the O-Line Burrow wont last the season.
Reply/Quote
Sample looked good, but I hate to see CJ go out like that. A decent TE and good effort guy. Tough luck.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
CJ was looking really good. And good chemistry with Joe. Hope he is able to recover. Achilles can be a career ender.
Reply/Quote
He was really coming around as a legit target. Time to.look at the waiver wire.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If this team was smart they'd ship something like a 5th round pick over to Tampa Bay for Cameron Brate.

He only makes 4.25 mil this season, and carries no gurantees beyond 2020 (Can be released with no dead cap hit).

PS I know this team isn't smart, so they won't do this.  But if they were, they would.  Shreck and Carter are absolute bums.

Is TB shopping him? Sure Brady wouldn't want anything leaving this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:45 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: Sample filled in decently last night, 

Yeah, but it was a small sample size.

Do you see what I did there???
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:38 PM)Destro Wrote: Is TB shopping him? Sure Brady wouldn't want anything leaving this year.

I mean, they just restructued his deal this offseason as "pay as you go" type of contract.

He only saw 1 target in week 1.  Gronk and Howard are clearly ahead of him, and carried almost all of the reps.

I could be wrong, maybe they want him around.  But I gotta think they'd be open to taking a mid round pick and getting 4 mil off the books if they're not going to use him.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, they just restructued his deal this offseason as "pay as you go" type of contract.

He only saw 1 target in week 1.  Gronk and Howard are clearly ahead of him, and carried almost all of the reps.

I could be wrong, maybe they want him around.  But I gotta think they'd be open to taking a mid round pick and getting 4 mil off the books if they're not going to use him.

Cameron Brate......I like this idea.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunate, but the silver lining is we get to see how well Sample develops.
Uzomah will still be under contract for next season too, so they might be able to become a good 1-2 punch for 2021.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, they just restructued his deal this offseason as "pay as you go" type of contract.

Gotcha. TE is a tough position. No one knows that more than Brady and the Bengals ( Gronk and Eifert hurt often ). 
Reply/Quote