Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ the Clown
I'm getting tired of this dude talking. Let it go, man. Go be with your new team and let us be. He's been subtly throwing shade at the Bengals ever since they let him go. He just seems salty at this point.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:13 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm getting tired of this dude talking. Let it go, man. Go be with your new team and let us be. He's been subtly throwing shade at the Bengals ever since they let him go. He just seems salty at this point.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You went full "she didn't leave me, I left her". Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You went full "she didn't leave me, I left her". Lol

CJ was fine, but he wasn't anything special. An average tight end who got a decent pay day because of the Bengals playoff success last year. 

I appreciated most of his leadership last year during the run, but some of it was straight corn ball. Throwing your crutches at the send off parade, I mean c'mon man... 
Reply/Quote
They won't have an issue keeping Joe because they have always taken care of QB's. Equating not paying one position with the premier position in sports is a willful disconnect for a pretty smart guy.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: They won't have an issue keeping Joe because they have always taken care of QB's. Equating not paying one position with the premier position in sports is a willful disconnect for a pretty smart guy.

I wish I could hear that full interview to see the context in which he said what he said but its blocked at my work. 
Reply/Quote
You know, most fans really didn't start getting to know Uzomah or liking him until around last year or maybe the year before.
But he really only started becoming a fan favorite last year.
Now he's turning heel, making it really hard to like him.

He might have a good career in pro wrestling after his NFL career is over given how easily he can flip between baby face and heel.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
CJ who?

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:18 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: CJ was fine, but he wasn't anything special. An average tight end who got a decent pay day because of the Bengals playoff success last year. 

I appreciated most of his leadership last year during the run, by some of it was straight corn ball. Throwing your crutches at send off parade, I mean c'mon man... 

Agree with this. He wasn't some Top 5-10 TE in the league or anything.
He's comfortably in that mid-tier range.
Some (most) people were ok with re-signing him though because they liked his personality and leadership enough to compensate for not being upper-tier on-field.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:18 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: CJ was fine, but he wasn't anything special. An average tight end who got a decent pay day because of the Bengals playoff success last year. 

I appreciated most of his leadership last year during the run, by some of it was straight corn ball. Throwing your crutches at send off parade, I mean c'mon man... 

I agree with pretty much all of that.

Doesn't change the fact your characterization of the situation to where the Bengals "let him go" is funny.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: They won't have an issue keeping Joe because they have always taken care of QB's. Equating not paying one position with the premier position in sports is a willful disconnect for a pretty smart guy.

Yes I don't get CJ ? I thought he enjoyed his time with the Bengals, especially last couple seasons.

I don't blame the Bengals for not paying him what ? top 15 TE money. But I also don't blame CJ for going after the money. He's already in his 7th season.

Just shut up CJ.
Reply/Quote
This time last year most fans were trashing CJ.

Then he has a good year in '21 and Bengal fans love him and his big personality.

Now he is a Jet and the same people who did not like him before have flip-flopped back.
Reply/Quote

If you listen to the interviews this week with MB, it sounds as if they are already planning the ways to finance JB's next contract.  So that's good.  Now, whether or not it turns into a Ken Griffey/Joey Votto situation to where they can't afford to pay the rest of the team to remain competitive, that's a different story.  
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:33 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I agree with pretty much all of that.

Doesn't change the fact your characterization of the situation to where the Bengals "let him go" is funny.

lol I don't know what happened between the Bengals and CJ. They may have had zero interest in re-signing him or maybe he was priority number one who got away. 

I'll speak for myself...but I had no interest in bringing him back for what he got in the FA market. That being said, good for him getting the bag. It's clear he has some bitterness about the whole situation though. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This time last year most fans were trashing CJ.

Then he has a good year in '21 and Bengal fans love him and his big personality.

Now he is a Jet and the same people who did not like him before have flip-flopped back.

Personally I never had a problem with CJ. Never loved him never hated him. Why would fans not have liked him before 2021? I don't like him now because he's constantly throwing shade at his former team for some weird reason. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't blame the Bengals for not paying him what ? top 15 TE money. 

Uzomah is a top 15 TE.  He is worth that money to a team that really needs a good TE.  But TE is not a key position for our offense.  We will be fine with Hurst at less than half the price.
Reply/Quote
It's tradition to bad mouth the Cincinnati Bengals we hear it every year pay it no attention. The players they want to keep in Cincinnati stay in Cincinnati.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:41 AM)Cat-Man Wrote: If you listen to the interviews this week with MB, it sounds as if they are already planning the ways to finance JB's next contract.  So that's good.  Now, whether or not it turns into a Ken Griffey/Joey Votto situation to where they can't afford to pay the rest of the team to remain competitive, that's a different story.  

NFL owners are going to get 300 million a year when the new TV deal hits in 2023. That's on top of all the other revenue the team gets. All of this talk about how the Bengals aren't going to be able to pay their players is laughable. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uzomah is a top 15 TE.  He is worth that money to a team that really needs a good TE.  But TE is not a key position for our offense.  We will be fine with Hurst at less than half the price.

Half the price and arguably as much production. Letting CJ go was a really good call by the FO.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:44 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Personally I never had a problem with CJ. Never loved him never hated him. Why would fans not have liked him before 2021? I don't like him now because he's constantly throwing shade at his former team for some weird reason. 

I went from indifferent to really liking him this past season because dude was clearly having fun out there on the field. This does sour my opinion of him now, though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uzomah is a top 15 TE. He is worth that money to a team that really needs a good TE.  But TE is not a key position for our offense.  We will be fine with Hurst at less than half the price.

I'm not so sure about that Fred ? I mean I think he's a good TE, good leader, good personality and so on. But he's not a real game changer, IMHO.
Reply/Quote