Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ the Clown
Some players believe that to show they are all in on the new team they have to downplay the old team. CJ has been over the top even for him.

However, it is what it is....no reason to read more into it...why worry about what he says.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:47 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Half the price and arguably as much production. Letting CJ go was a really good call by the FO.

I am pretty sure Hurst will have the same production with the Bengals that CJ did.  Hayden may not be as good of a blocker, but hopefully blocking will not be as crucial for Bengal TEs now that we have a better O-line.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why this thread got moved, but CJ talking about the Bengals is the story. To me that’s relevant in JN.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:54 AM)pally Wrote: Some players believe that to show they are all in on the new team they have to downplay the old team.  CJ has been over the top even for him.

However, it is what it is....no reason to read more into it...why worry about what he says.

Hard to tell without seeing the entire interview.  Some times players don't bring stuff up.  They are just answering questions.  Since the Bengals had such a big surprising season last year CJ probably gets a lot of questions about them.

And this line about re-signing Burrow is just what every football analyst is saying about every great young QB that will become a free agent while still in their prime. 
Reply/Quote
CJ is a good guy but you can tell he has sour grapes about not being here.

He's the type of player that's great for a young lockerroom and upcoming team like the Jets.

Bengals didn't need anymore and were not going to overspend on him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: lol I don't know what happened between the Bengals and CJ. They may have had zero interest in re-signing him or maybe he was priority number one who got away. 

I'll speak for myself...but I had no interest in bringing him back for what he got in the FA market. That being said, good for him getting the bag. It's clear he has some bitterness about the whole situation though. 

They made him an offer they expected he would take, the Jets offered more and he took it. Not blaming him, but he now sounds like an ex girlfriend or boyfriend who got dumped and goes around trashing her ex, not realizing people see right through that.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uzomah is a top 15 TE.  He is worth that money to a team that really needs a good TE.  But TE is not a key position for our offense.  We will be fine with Hurst at less than half the price.

LOL CJ is not a top 15 TE. Burrow made him look good, dude is a traitor and a clown and he can have fun on the bum Jets
Reply/Quote
Reilly Reiff just compared Justin Fields to Joe Burrow. Building up your new QB is a NFL thing

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 02:18 PM)pally Wrote: Reilly Reiff just compared Justin Fields to Joe Burrow.  Building up your new QB is a NFL thing

Well i mean they are Both QBs that went to tOSU at one point
Reply/Quote
I had no issues with CJ, loved his spirit last year....but now.....**** that guy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 02:18 PM)pally Wrote: Reilly Reiff just compared Justin Fields to Joe Burrow.  Building up your new QB is a NFL thing

Yeah.  See Tyreek Hill in regard to Tua.

My guess though in CJs case, that the Jets suck so bad that he has no one to prop up so he bashes on the Bengals instead.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 12:14 PM)J24 Wrote: CJ is a good guy but you can tell he has sour grapes about not being here.

Actually, no, I can not tell if he has "sour grapes" or not.

All he said this time is the same thing every analyst is saying about every team with a young QB due a contract while still in his prime.

Plus, it is not like he is starting any of this stuff himself on social media.  He is just answering questions in an interview.
Reply/Quote
I think he is in his feelings. Just cash that check and finish last in the division.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
His agent basically told him "You can stay with Cincinnati if you want, but their offer was trash." If my agent told me that, I'd probably be a little bitter too haha.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uzomah is a top 15 TE.  He is worth that money to a team that really needs a good TE.  But TE is not a key position for our offense.  We will be fine with Hurst at less than half the price.

Ima check on this later

Top 15 seems high
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2022, 01:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: LOL CJ is not a top 15 TE. 

(07-31-2022, 01:20 PM)Housh Wrote: Top 15 seems high

CJ's "totals" are not top 15 because he played with the best WR trio in the league.  He was just 21st in targets among TEs.

But if you look at the efficiency numbers CJ is top 15.  There were 38 TEs that had at least 34 targets last year (2 per game).  Among those 38 CJ was 3rd in catch percentage (77.8) and 13th in yards per target (7.8).  Also 9th in td receptions (5) among TEs.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: CJ's "totals" are not top 15 because he played with the best WR trio in the league.  He was just 21st in targets among TEs.

But if you look at the efficiency numbers CJ is top 15.  There were 38 TEs that had at least 34 targets last year (2 per game).  Among those 38 CJ was 3rd in catch percentage (77.8) and 13th in yards per target (7.8).  Also 9th in td receptions (5) among TEs.

Well then by your measures Fred, considering what the crap the Jets have in NY, CJ should end up with top 10 numbers all around or better this year.  

Should be interesting to see.
Reply/Quote
Meh.  He spent almost the entirety of his second contract being grossly overpaid.  I'd have put him in the tier of "above average #2 TE" for most of that span.  I guess he can revel in his big year and hope that he has more of them.  If he goes back to producing 200 yard seasons, NY is going to cut him like a sack of potatoes.
Reply/Quote
1 catch for 5 yards.

Mitchell Wilcox out produced that today. :lol:

Reply/Quote