Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJD Final Mock
Round 1 Pick 27 (G.B.): Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama (A-)
Round 2 Pick 24: Karl Joseph, SS/FS, West Virginia (B)
Round 2 Pick 26 (G.B.): Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Maliek Collins, DT, Nebraska (B)
Round 4 Pick 24: Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota (B)
Round 5 Pick 22: Charone Peake, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 6 Pick 24: Donte Deayon, CB, Boise State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 24: Antwione Williams, OLB, Georgia Southern (B)

http://first-pick.com/NFL/DraftSummary.aspx

When our pick came up at 24, Ezekiel Elliot was somehow still on the board. So when Green Bay offered me their first rounder (27) and a 2nd rounder, I assumed that they were going after him. I took it because that is great value to move down 3 spots. They ended up drafting Jaylon Smith, which kind of bummed me out because I was hoping for him in the 2nd round, but I still picked up a 2nd round pick and still got my man in Ryan Kelly at 27.

Do I think it will happen? No, probably not. But when looking at my choices, I would not draft a single one over Kelly.

In the 2nd, I was faced with the decision between Sterling Shepard, Karl Joseph and Tyler Boyd. All 3 would be good selections.  I ended up going with Joseph because he was a legitimate first rounder and I had a pick 2 choices later to take whatever WR I wanted. I ended up going with Boyd, as he has a higher ceiling than Shepard.

In the 3rd round, there wasa choice between Hargrave and Maliek Collins. It was a tough choice, but I went with Collins because I haven't drafted him before and wanted some variety.

In the 4th round, I went with the best CB available.

In the 5th round, I was surprised how far Cherone has fallen. He and Boyd could make for a very good combination, so I picked him up as well.

The final two rounds were value picks and I'm very happy with both. Overall, not a bad draft. 
Reply/Quote