Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UC Football getting a quality coach.
http://www.10tv.com/article/ap-source-fickell-leaving-ohio-state-coach-cincinnati

As a life long Ohio St. fan, I say congratulations to the fans of UC Football. You are getting not only a quality football coach, but a high quality individual, a man of integrity. Many of you might remember that Fickell was the one saddled with the task of coaching the year between Jim Tressell and Urban Meyer, you know, right after "tattoogate" and all the other assorted ills that caused Tressell to leave in shame.

Fickell did a good job, given the situation that he inherited, but it was evident that it was too soon for him to be HC of such a high profile National CFB power. After that season, many lesser men in his shoes would have up and left, to become HC at Directional State of anywhere USA. But not Fickell, he swallowed his pride and accepted the DC role on Meyer's staff, to continue to develop his coaching resume. That sort of quality individual does not come around every day, particularly in this day and age. I wish the best for Luke Fickell and his family, and hope the fans of UC football truly appreciate the man that will put their program back in the top 20.

I give Fickell 3 years at UC, before he takes over at a Power-5 Conference program.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2016, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://www.10tv.com/article/ap-source-fickell-leaving-ohio-state-coach-cincinnati

As a life long Ohio St. fan, I say congratulations to the fans of UC Football.  You are getting not only a quality football coach, but a high quality individual, a man of integrity.  Many of you might remember that Fickell was the one saddled with the task of coaching the year between Jim Tressell and Urban Meyer, you know, right after "tattoogate" and all the other assorted ills that caused Tressell to leave in shame.

Fickell did a good job, given the situation that he inherited, but it was evident that it was too soon for him to be HC of such a high profile National CFB power.  After that season, many lesser men in his shoes would have up and left, to become HC at Directional State of anywhere USA.  But not Fickell, he swallowed his pride and accepted the DC role on Meyer's staff, to continue to develop his coaching resume.  That sort of quality individual does not come around every day, particularly in this day and age.  I wish the best for Luke Fickell and his family, and hope the fans of UC football truly appreciate the man that will put their program back in the top 20.

I give Fickell 3 years at UC, before he takes over at a Power-5 Conference program.

Buckeye fan as well, but I have no qualms about rooting for UC. They got a good coach with Luke. UC needs to stay with the head coach revolving door philosophy, its what got them to be a quality program over the last decade. Letting young talented guys come here knowing they'll leave in a few years worked out well in the overall programs success. Yea it might suck looking for a new head coach every 3-4 years, but at least you'll be on top of the AAC again and maybe closer to getting into a Power 5.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote