Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEVELAND TRADE
I feel that we need help NOW in several areas from this year's draft, to the point that I would be willing to make a couple of questionable trades to get better immediately.
Lazor needs a revamped O Line so he can strut his stuff in playcalling and proving keeping him as OC was the right move.
I suggest trading AJ McCarron and next year's 2nd and 3rd rounders to the Browns for this year's #1 to make sure we get the 2 Best Linemen in the 1st round with picks 1 and 12.

What are your thoughts here?
Reply/Quote
Hard to trade AJ since he is not under contracted. Depending on his grievance, he may not even be a RFA.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:50 PM)whodey1967 Wrote: I feel that we need help NOW in several areas from this year's draft, to the point that I would be willing to make a couple of questionable trades to get better immediately.
Lazor needs a revamped O Line so he can strut his stuff in playcalling and proving keeping him as OC was the right move.
I suggest trading AJ  McCarron and next year's 2nd and 3rd rounders to the Browns for this year's #1 to make sure we get the 2 Best Linemen in the 1st round with picks 1 and 12.

The Bengals like building through the draft; not sure they would make a deal where they give up 2 draft picks and only receive 1 in return. A more likely scenario would be moving McCarron for a 2nd and 3rd or 4th in this years draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:54 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Hard to trade AJ since he is not under contracted.  Depending on his grievance, he may not even be a RFA.

True. I was thinking a sign and trade deal. Cleveland gets the guy they are so hot on.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:00 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: The Bengals like building through the draft; not sure they would make a deal where they give up 2 draft picks and only receive 1 in return. A more likely scenario would be moving McCarron for a 2nd and 3rd or 4th in this years draft.

I hear ya, Im certain that the Brown family would never do it, Im saying that I would be willing to and okay with it if they did.
Hell, I' probably fall over if I saw the mgt being so proactive to fix the problem immediately.
Reply/Quote
Why would we want Clevelands #1 draft pick? They wouldn't give it to us for McCarron and a 2nd and 3rd if we even could. Maybe their #4 overall draft pick if we were able to do that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:50 PM)whodey1967 Wrote: I feel that we need help NOW in several areas from this year's draft, to the point that I would be willing to make a couple of questionable trades to get better immediately.
I suggest trading AJ  McCarron and next year's 2nd and 3rd rounders to the Browns for this year's #1 to make sure we get the 2 Best Linemen in the 1st round with picks 1 and 12.

They are picking 1 and 4.  If they handle their business and spend some of their vast cap space even moderately well, they could be next year's Rams.  This will not be accomplished with AJM as their QB. 

I can personally see no reason for them to want to do this.   There will be plenty of FA career backups for them to sign while they get their new rookie ready to take over.  Hell, for that matter, they can get as much out of Kizer as they would AJM.

And on the flip side, if AJM is somehow a stud ready to break out, I'll be damned if I want to be the one to give him to them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why would we want Clevelands #1 draft pick? They wouldn't give it to us for McCarron and a 2nd and 3rd if we even could. Maybe their #4 overall draft pick if we were able to do that.

One word: options
We could turn that #1 pick around and trade within the top 5 and pick up some prime picks for either this year or next, or perhaps getting someone's starting OLineman.
The key for us is two 1st rounders this year, with one being a top 5
Reply/Quote
Mike did once trade up for the first pick. Think he's forgotten how that turned out?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:22 PM)McC Wrote: They are picking 1 and 4.  If they handle their business and spend some of their vast cap space even moderately well, they could be next year's Rams.  This will not be accomplished with AJM as their QB. 

I can personally see no reason for them to want to do this.   There will be plenty of FA career backups for them to sign while they get their new rookie ready to take over.  Hell, for that matter, they can get as much out of Kizer as they would AJM.

And on the flip side, if AJM is somehow a stud ready to break out, I'll be damned if I want to be the one to give him to them.

0-16 to the playoffs next year? Let that sink in for a sec.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:50 PM)whodey1967 Wrote: Lazor needs a revamped O Line so he can strut his stuff

I don't know why I thought this was funny.

[Image: raw][Image: Futurama-BenderPimpStrut.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:34 PM)whodey1967 Wrote: 0-16 to the playoffs next year? Let that sink in for a sec.

Probably not playoffs.  I was really just talking about making a giant leap in one year.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I don't know why I thought this was funny.

[Image: raw][Image: Futurama-BenderPimpStrut.gif]
Lol...well it is at this point, but next year when Lazor has his hand picked crew on the offensive side of the ball, he will turn into a mean MEAN tiger with his playcalling and produce 11 ALL PRO selections from our offense...then all ions will be knocked off their axis and the universe will explode. Ninja
Reply/Quote
The number 1 overall pick in this draft is going to cost at least a pair of first round picks. There is no way we get it for AJM + next years 2 & 3
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:50 PM)OB1 Wrote: The number 1 overall pick in this draft is going to cost at least a pair of first round picks. There is no way we get it for AJM + next years 2 & 3

Its Cleveland so ya never know. They have a real boner for AJ.
Reply/Quote
AJ and next years 2nd for the Browns #4 and 2nd pick in RD 2. Draft a QB at #4 and OL with the next 2 picks, then BPA hopefully a LB with the other 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
If we got the number one pick we better be taking Darnold or Rosen. Not some lineman we can get at 12
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If we got the number one pick we better be taking Darnold or Rosen.    Not some lineman we can get at 12

Is Darnold even still in the discussion after we saw what he could do against a good pro style defense?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 01:04 AM)whodey1967 Wrote: Is DarNOld even still in the discussion after we saw what he could do against a good pro style defense?

It's right there in his name. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
AJM may bring us more than the experts in this forum think; I've seen him do it before.

As to a Brown's trade: Give me Gordon for him and we'll call it good.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote