Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/22/cnn-investigates-donald-trump-scared-stairs/

"CNN Investigates: Is Donald Trump scared of stairs?"

Hilarious
You can't even make that stuff up. Bright side, now I know that apparently a phobia of stairs/slopes is not only apparently a thing (who knew?) but it's also called bathmophobia. The more you know, I suppose.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(03-22-2017, 11:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/22/cnn-investigates-donald-trump-scared-stairs/

"CNN Investigates: Is Donald Trump scared of stairs?"

Hilarious
You can't even make that stuff up. Bright side, now I know that apparently a phobia of stairs/slopes is not only apparently a thing (who knew?) but it's also called bathmophobia. The more you know, I suppose.

I was really hoping this was a satire site.

But at least CNN didn't actually do a report on it...

Quote:National correspondent Jeanne Moos reported on how many British newspapers were transfixed on whether Mr. Trump had bathmophobia — the clinical name for a fear of stairs or slopes.

Ms. Moos reported that British government sources told the U.K. press that when Mr. Trump held British Prime Minister Theresa May’s hand walking down a slight gradient at the White House that was because of his bathmophobia.

Just a report on the report.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
What!?! He's afraid of stairs too? I'm joining forces with that xxx guy on here and that Congresswoman who thinks Russia is invading Korea.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-22-2017, 11:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was really hoping this was a satire site.

But at least CNN didn't actually do a report on it...

Just a report on the report.   Smirk

Yeah, but come on. You know that's hilarious that it's even a thing. Imagine that production meeting...

- - - - - -
Producer: "Cindy, you've got the London terror attack. Tom, you're on the pipeline vandalism. Joe, is Trump afraid of stairs, and Lisa, see what you can get on the Israel threats to Syria's air defense system."

Joe: "Wait, what was mine again? I think I misheard you."

Producer: "Is Trump afraid of stairs. Also, Lisa, see if you can get footage of the missile attacks against the Israeli jets."

Joe: "..."

- - - - - - - - -

I was 100% sure it was satire or something too at first. I glanced at it was just like "nope, that's clearly not a real thing".

One of my few times skiing I accidentally got off on a black diamond trail. Total bathmophobia.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-23-2017, 12:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but come on. You know that's hilarious that it's even a thing. Imagine that production meeting...

- - - - - -
Producer: "Cindy, you've got the London terror attack. Tom, you're on the pipeline vandalism. Joe, is Trump afraid of stairs, and Lisa, see what you can get on the Israel threats to Syria's air defense system."

Joe: "Wait, what was mine again? I think I misheard you."

Producer: "Is Trump afraid of stairs. Also, Lisa, see if you can get footage of the missile attacks against the Israeli jets."

Joe: "..."

- - - - - - - - -

I was 100% sure it was satire or something too at first. I glanced at it was just like "nope, that's clearly not a real thing".

Oh I totally agree that that is one of the dumbest things I have ever read! 

Years and years ago, when I was just getting out of college and 24 hour news was still a newish thing I wondered how long before they ran out of news and just started talking about stupid crap.  Didn't take long.
(03-23-2017, 09:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: One of my few times skiing I accidentally got off on a black diamond trail.  Total bathmophobia.

I'm pretty sure Robocop is the origin of bathmophobia...

[Image: tumblr_mztlcvNIUY1s3y9slo1_r1_500.gif]

Ninja

(03-23-2017, 09:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: One of my few times skiing I accidentally got off on a black diamond trail. Total bathmophobia.

Perv
(03-23-2017, 11:03 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Perv

You sound like all my daughter's friends.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-23-2017, 11:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You sound like all my daughter's friends.

My daughter is 19 now and I've known most of her friends since they were 5 or 6.  I still feel creepy when I see them out and say hi.  

I'm always afraid it's not one of them and then I'm the pervy old guy who says hello to young girls at the store!  Smirk
(03-23-2017, 12:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: My daughter is 19 now and I've known most of her friends since they were 5 or 6.  I still feel creepy when I see them out and say hi.  

I'm always afraid it's not one of them and then I'm the pervy old guy who says hello to young girls at the store!  Smirk

I hear ya.  My daughter was back for spring break and her and I went to dinner, and I made sure to say "your mother and I" when the waitress was there so she would know she's my daughter.

(03-23-2017, 12:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I hear ya.  My daughter was back for spring break and her and I went to dinner, and I made sure to say "your mother and I" when the waitress was there so she would know she's my daughter.

So you still had a shot with the waitress?
(03-23-2017, 01:20 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So you still had a shot with the waitress?

30 years ago I would have.  Well she wouldn't have been alive, so no.

So why is everyone dodging the central question here.

Is Trump afraid of stairs?
(03-23-2017, 06:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why is everyone dodging the central question here.

Is Trump afraid of stairs?

He strikes me more as an escalator/elevator type.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-23-2017, 01:20 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So you still had a shot with the waitress?
Had he been shooting for that, he'd have said "Do you think your mother would've been happy with the casket we picked out, dear ?".

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(03-23-2017, 06:23 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: He strikes me more as an escalator/elevator type.

He sure is lazy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021