Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN?
Is CNN getting on anyone's nerves? There was a time, I use to watch the news and receive information. However now it seems they are just constantly bashing Trump. How does everyone feel about CNN now?
Reply/Quote
Same boat here.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

[Image: 123-CNN-FAKE-NEWS-480x350.jpg]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
All news is like this. I had hoped that after the election there would be some other issues in the news, but that is all they seem to talk about anymore. But it seems the same with all news networks, not just CNN.

Remember when that plane disappeared and they never found it. I actually stopped watching CNN for a while back then because every morning they would have 5 or 6 people guess about what happened to the plane without ever getting any new information. It was crazy. No one had anything new to say, yet they spent most of the show every morning talking about it.
Reply/Quote
Of course part of the reason trump is dominating the news is because he says or does something crazy almost every day. Other Presidents did a lot of questionable stuff, but there was never a string of crazy tweets to go along with them.
Reply/Quote
I am really not understanding why the main two parties can't get together and solve some issue for the American People. The media is so controlling.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 12:02 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am really not understanding why the main two parties can't get together and solve some issue for the American People. The media is so controlling.

This can't be worked out. We need a second civil war.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I used to watch CNN and MSNBC when the news was fair years ago. I only watch FOX News these days because they appear to be impartial and fact based. Just look at the ratings. CNN and MSNBC are way down while FOX News is leading now.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 11:11 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I used to watch CNN and MSNBC when the news was fair years ago. I only watch FOX News these days because they appear to be impartial and fact based. Just look at the ratings. CNN and MSNBC are way down while FOX News is leading now.

Yep.  Fox has been number one by far for a long time.  In fact I think their ratings are higher then CNN and MSNBC.

But some people don't trust the "main stream media" so they avoid FoxNews.
Reply/Quote
At least FOX gives you an out. They say we report/you decide.

CNN calls themselves the most trusted...and no...I don't trust it much.
Reply/Quote
The only news we watch anymore is local news. And that's just for the weather. All the big box news stores are the same thing anymore. Garbage. You watch your channel only because the other channel sucks more. It's like the age old conversation between Chevy's and Fords.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 01:28 PM)jason Wrote: This can't be worked out. We need a second civil war.

No an 2nd Revolution... To overthrow this government that no longer serves the best interest of its people.   In fact I believe that's in one of those important documents somewhere.

The problem is we know the government doesn't serve the people as much as itself and its Big $$$$ players... But before you take it down its best to have something new in place or it will be the same thing again.
Reply/Quote
If something major is happening or happened, I will flip between Fox & CNN. I will not watch Fox or CNN though if its a politically slanted host on, like Hannity. And I actually like Fox when Shephard Smith (who is openly gay) is on, and Neil Cavuto when he covers business stuff. Otherwise I stick the the net for news between various sites that may or may not include The Chive.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gzsug

Some cussing on this link..

CNN!!!!
Reply/Quote
I don't watch news; news finds me.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2017, 09:58 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I don't watch news; news finds me.

we cant all live in russia
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2017, 12:02 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am really not understanding why the main two parties can't get together and solve some issue for the American People. The media is so controlling.

The media is at fault for why democrats and republicans can't get along? I would agree they play a part in suppressing third parties, but that's a different gripe.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 07:57 PM)Benton Wrote: The media is at fault for why democrats and republicans can't get along? I would agree they play a part in suppressing third parties, but that's a different gripe.

No not what I was saying, however if you read it that way it seems like it.  I wish both parties could get along.

The media is controlling in the sense that they have such a big soap box and sometimes it feels as though people do not have a true voice.  
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 08:13 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: No not what I was saying, however if you read it that way it seems like it.  I wish both parties could get along.

The media is controlling in the sense that they have such a big soap box and sometimes it feels as though people do not have a true voice.  

Ah, I understand.

Well, the weird part is, media (at least at the basic level) is intended to be a voice of the people. It's an important part of a democracy in keeping unrestrained powers in check. The concept has been around for a long time, with the media representing people who otherwise wouldn't catch the attention of people who make decisions that impact their lives. A handful of voices from the bottom don't get much attention at the top... unless the discussion is in front of everyone.

I'm biased, but I think most journalists still do a good job of that. They give every day people voice, and provide information on what's happening. It's a shame a few agenda-driven (i.e., profit) folks have tainted that trust. But I would still say, at least at a local level that their soap box is used for good more often than not.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 10:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Ah, I understand.

Well, the weird part is, media (at least at the basic level) is intended to be a voice of the people. It's an important part of a democracy in keeping unrestrained powers in check. The concept has been around for a long time, with the media representing people who otherwise wouldn't catch the attention of people who make decisions that impact their lives. A handful of voices from the bottom don't get much attention at the top... unless the discussion is in front of everyone.

I'm biased, but I think most journalists still do a good job of that. They give every day people voice, and provide information on what's happening. It's a shame a few agenda-driven (i.e., profit) folks have tainted that trust. But I would still say, at least at a local level that their soap box is used for good more often than not.

Indeed.  Great points. 
Reply/Quote