Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN 2018 5-Round Mock 2.0
Crippled News Network's 2018 Mock Draft 2.0

1.) Roquan Smith ILB Georgia- I'd love to get Derwin James here, but I just don't think Marvin and Mike take another safety with Iloka and Williams on the roster, even though we should upgrade. Marvin talks like we're a new organization, so who knows, but I'm not banking on it until I see it.

He's a machine and just an athletic freak, which he can be all over the field and cover backs and tight ends. He needs to be a bit more patient, especially with having to play Le'Veon Bell twice a year, but Marvin's the backer whisperer, so let's hope that he calms his game a bit. Normally, he might be a little light for backer, but it's a new NFL and he needs to be able to move. The Le'Veon Bell offense is a lot different than the Jerome Bettis offense.

2.) Isaiah Wynn- we're hopefully getting a free agent center (Jensen), so play Wynn at guard and watch our interior offensive line just be dominant. He's a little bowling ball of power.

3.) Frank Ragnow C Arkansas- he has good size and can handle big rushers. I like Pollack to polish him a little and make him a dominant force in the middle of our line. Might seem bit early, but I don't want to miss solidifying our line.

3c) Fumagalli TE Wisconsin- style of play and conditions in college are similar to the AFCN. Good, dedicated blocker that handles his business. Also a good receiver but needs to work on his route running a bit, and I trust Bob Bicknell to polish his receiving game. He's 6'6 and can be the red zone target we need. Move on from Eifert.

4.) Brandon Parker OT North Carolina A & T- a small school guy that may need a bit of polishing under Paul Alexander? Hell no, but we have Pollack now, and Parker has a former NFL linemen for an old man, and he has a lot of raw talent. Hopefully Pollack can improve Ogbuehi's play, but Parker has the kind of talent to push him (if not start), and take over if Ogbuehi leaves when he becomes a free agent in two years.

5.) Siran Neal, S, Jacksonville State- small school guy that can play in the box, cover tight ends and backs, rush the passer, stop the run, play the pass, and just is a maniac. He can also play special teams. He's another maniac.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
2 things I would change. Edmunds over Smith. And cappa over parker. Parker got ate alive at senior bowl. He's nothing but a backup tackle Imo.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 05:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: 2 things I would change. Edmunds over Smith. And cappa over parker. Parker got ate alive at senior bowl. He's nothing but a backup tackle Imo.

I like both LBs but I don’t trust Marvin with either. Worst LB coach in NFL.
Rather take the DL out of Washington that way Marvin is less likely to ruin him.

I live in Madison. Troy F. Is known as a leader and character guy here at UW. Like that pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 04:12 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: I like both LBs but I don’t trust Marvin with either. Worst LB coach in NFL.
Rather take the DL out of Washington that way Marvin is less likely to ruin him.

I live in Madison. Troy F. Is known as a leader and character guy here at UW. Like that pick.

Billings is starting to look good and we have Geno, so DL seems like a waste.

Even if you think Vea will be better than Billings, is it really enough of an improvement to use that pick on him when we have other pressing needs?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 07:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Billings is starting to look good and we have Geno, so DL seems like a waste.

Even if you think Vea will be better than Billings, is it really enough of an improvement to use that pick on him when we have other pressing needs?
Vea is insanely better than Billings. Also we need a backup 3-tech as well. Release Sims. And Geno will start to show his age sooner rather than later. Not to mention vea routinely beat triple teams in college. In the NFL he'll be getting 1 on 1s. And u can't run the ball on vea.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 09:36 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Vea is insanely better than Billings. Also we need a backup 3-tech as well. Release Sims. And Geno will start to show his age sooner rather than later. Not to mention vea routinely beat triple teams in college. In the NFL he'll be getting 1 on 1s. And u can't run the ball on vea.

A few things...

1) Sims is a FA. No need to release him.
2) I'm not seeing anything that makes Vea "insanely better" than Billings. Both are NTs with power and good closing speed that can dominate single blockers (at least that's what everyone felt with Billings entering the draft).
3) I can't recall a DT at 340+ lbs that was a dominant 3T in the NFL. Vea, to me, is a prototypical and ideal 3-4 NT both in size and skill set.
4) If Vea was "so dominant", shouldn't he have had more than 6.5 TFL and 5.0 sacks in a season in college? I expect a manhandling DT can at least get double-digit TFLs in a season in college because of his ability to dominate run defense. Billings, meanwhile, had double-digit TFLs his two final years in college.

If the Bengals go to a 3-4, all for Vea because I don't see Billings as a 3-4 NT. But if the Bengals stick primarily with a 4-3, I prefer other players over Vea at 12.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 03:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:
Crippled News Network's 2018 Mock Draft 2.0

1.)  Roquan Smith ILB Georgia- I'd love to get Derwin James here, but I just don't think Marvin and Mike take another safety with Iloka and Williams on the roster, even though we should upgrade.  Marvin talks like we're a new organization, so who knows, but I'm not banking on it until I see it.

He's a machine and just an athletic freak, which he can be all over the field and cover backs and tight ends.  He needs to be a bit more patient, especially with having to play Le'Veon Bell twice a year, but Marvin's the backer whisperer, so let's hope that he calms his game a bit.  Normally, he might be a little light for backer, but it's a new NFL and he needs to be able to move.  The Le'Veon Bell offense is a lot different than the Jerome Bettis offense.

2.)  Isaiah Wynn- we're hopefully getting a free agent center (Jensen), so play Wynn at guard and watch our interior offensive line just be dominant.  He's a little bowling ball of power.

3.)  Frank Ragnow C Arkansas- he has good size and can handle big rushers.  I like Pollack to polish him a little and make him a dominant force in the middle of our line.  Might seem  bit early, but I don't want to miss solidifying our line.

3c)  Fumagalli TE Wisconsin- style of play and conditions in college are similar to the AFCN.  Good, dedicated blocker that handles his business.  Also a good receiver but needs to work on his route running a bit, and I trust Bob Bicknell to polish his receiving game.  He's 6'6 and can be the red zone target we need.  Move on from Eifert.

4.)  Brandon Parker OT North Carolina A & T- a small school guy that may need a bit of polishing under Paul Alexander?  Hell no, but we have Pollack now, and Parker has a former NFL linemen for an old man, and he has a lot of raw talent.  Hopefully Pollack can improve Ogbuehi's play, but Parker has the kind of talent to push him (if not start), and take over if Ogbuehi leaves when he becomes a free agent in two years.

5.)  Siran Neal, S, Jacksonville State- small school guy that can play in the box, cover tight ends and backs, rush the passer, stop the run, play the pass, and just is a maniac.  He can also play special teams.  He's another maniac.

Thoughts?

I like it, though I personally might substitute Nelson, and Malik Jefferson in the first two spots since Nelson seems to be a "can't miss" prospect though I do like Wynn's versatility a lot.  Parker versus Cappa is sort of a wash IMO.  I don't know too much about Neal, but at 5, I'll take your word for it.  Nice work!
Reply/Quote