Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN Mock Draft 2.0- No Sewell
I still think we should take Sewell in the first to protect our franchise, but here's one without it, which could happen, especially if Burrow really wants Chase.

1. Ja'Marr Chase WR- LSU

His talent at receiver is pretty unbelievable. He does his best damage outside of the numbers and teams have to keep a safety back to stop the deep ball, which opens things up for other receivers and doesn't allow teams to stack the box because give him an inch and he'll smoke you. Keeping the defense back also opens things up for our other big play threat: Mixon.

That would also give Burrow a familiar target, keep him happy, and form a duo that could be nightmares for defenses for years to come.

2. Samuel Cosmi T- Texas

A lot of people want Leatherwood but I think Cosmi is the better pass protector and Burrow needs the blocking more than Mixon does.

He can play right or left tackle at a very high level.

3. Payton Turner DE- Houston

Dude has the height at 6'5 and can play a few different positions. I like his versatility and his height just adds something that could mess up a quarterback's throws just by batting down passes at the line.

We need a pass rush and he'll help.

4. Kendrick Green G- Illinois

I would have LOVED to take Wyatt Davis earlier because I'm an OSU homer, but I think Green could be GREAT for us!

He's explosive- tying for the most FBS lead in big-time blocks last season, and that's what I want from our interior offensive line: MAULERS.

His pass protection may need a little work, but I like his potential with Pollack coaching him up.

5. Bobby Brown III DT- Texas A&M

Losing Geno hurts but I think we Brown can cause some damage if we just find ways to keep him motivated. Make him earn his spot and maybe even just rotate him in at first. Install discipline and make him know that he has to go hard every play. Hopefully, the vets and coaches can keep him motivated because I think he could be something special.

6. Anthony Schwartz WR- Auburn

I originally picked this guy in the 5th round, so hopefully he makes it to the 6th.

Another speedy receiver to give defenses fits deep? YES PLEASE! Needs to refine his route running a bit, but you can't teach speed at 4.27! I think this kid has AMAZING potential!

6. Robert Rochelles CB- Central Arkansas

He's a playmaker coming from a small school that has opened eyes around the NFL. Needs to work on things like turning his hips to run, but polishing up his game a bit with some solid NFL coaching could make him into a hell of a corner.

7. 7th Round: Evan McPherson K- Florida

It's time to quit messing around and invest in the position that can win or lose games and make or break seasons. He's the best kicker coming out. Draft him and don't ask questions.
Reply/Quote
Tiger
This is fire! I'd work Jim Breech out before I drafted a kicker. That pick is too valuable because its getting a guy you want or getting him a year later by luck. 
Moss- Will make the team and run thru a wall for a 9
Reply/Quote
Huge Bobby brown fan
Reply/Quote
I definitely like this.
Question for you about Cosmi vs Leatherwood though - Would you have Cosmi start this year? If so, which position?
People like Leatherwood because he has comfortability and experience playing RG along with OT, so the thought was he'd fit perfect into RG as a rookie before sliding over to RT in the future.
I agree Cosmi is more athletic, but he may not be as good of an option to start at OG.

You did take Green too in Rd 4, so perhaps your plan was Cosmi to play the swing OT role and Green to start at OG this year, and then Cosmi take over Reiff's spot next year?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I definitely like this.
Question for you about Cosmi vs Leatherwood though - Would you have Cosmi start this year? If so, which position?
People like Leatherwood because he has comfortability and experience playing RG along with OT, so the thought was he'd fit perfect into RG as a rookie before sliding over to RT in the future.
I agree Cosmi is more athletic, but he may not be as good of an option to start at OG.

You did take Green too in Rd 4, so perhaps your plan was Cosmi to play the swing OT role and Green to start at OG this year, and then Cosmi take over Reiff's spot next year?

I'd have a competition to see who's the best fit where.

Let the player's performances in practices and training camp determine where they'll play.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 12:22 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Huge Bobby brown fan

And that is certainly your "prerogative" (sorry, just had to).

There are a ton of ways the draft can fall so I typically just focus on rounds 1 and 2 but I love the picks.  I'm in the camp of taking Chase or Pitts and going o-line in the second and Cosmi is the guy I want if he's there.  Not too terribly long ago Cosmi was a projected first rounder.
Reply/Quote