Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN accused of racist practices, again.
http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/new-proposed-class-action-lawsuit-alleges-discrimination-against-black-employees-at-cnn-tbs/

According to some, the ceiling for Black folk at CNN only goes to middle management.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2016/12/07/black-employees-file-class-action-lawsuit-against-cnn/

It should be interesting to see how this plays out. Were these people passed over for promotion strictly because of their ethnicity, or were they simply passed on for better candidates?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Say it isn't so? A leftist organization practicing discrimination?
After the elections, I didn't think they could get any lower.
(12-07-2016, 08:12 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Say it isn't so? A leftist organization practicing discrimination?
After the elections, I didn't think they could get any lower.

Now, let's not be hasty.  There might be a clear and logical explanation as to why they wouldn't promote longtime employees of the Black persuasion to the upper ranks of their organization.  Though, I do find it quite ironic that the Roger Ailles story at Fox was everywhere, and I stumbled across this on Drudge Report.  I had to scour Google to find any links, other than those from CNN itself that basically want to minimize the story.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-07-2016, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now, let's not be hasty.  There might be a clear and logical explanation as to why they wouldn't promote longtime employees of the Black persuasion to the upper ranks of their organization.  Though, I do find it quite ironic that the Roger Ailles story at Fox was everywhere, and I stumbled across this on Drudge Report.  I had to scour Google to find any links, other than those from CNN itself that basically want to minimize the story.

No quarter.
This organization deserves none.

They purposely mislead with their titles making people guilty that are innocent, so I say they are guilty until they can prove their innocence.
CNN is a racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic opinion biased news site.
I read the AJC article. I don't know why I read some of the comments. I know better.
(12-07-2016, 09:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No quarter.
This organization deserves none.

They purposely mislead with their titles making people guilty that are innocent, so I say they are guilty until they can prove their innocence.
CNN is a racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic opinion biased news site.

You mainlining Alex Jones and FOX News?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-07-2016, 10:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: You mainlining Alex Jones and FOX News?

Those veins collapsed years ago.  Reduced to anal injections at this point. 
(12-07-2016, 10:15 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Those veins collapsed years ago.  Reduced to anal injections at this point. 
Hey !
You haven't lived until you've had a bottle of Glengoyne Blue and Alex Jones up your ass !

Wanna buy a water filter or vitality potion ?

[Image: 1401292960007.jpg]
Good story to distract the general population while Trump appoints a guy who is in the pocket of big business to run the EPA.

Now I understand why the Kardashians are famous.
(12-08-2016, 01:17 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Hey !
You haven't lived until you've had a bottle of Glengoyne Blue and Alex Jones up your ass !

Wanna buy a water filter or vitality potion ?

[Image: 1401292960007.jpg]

You'd shit the heroin out of your ass if you knew the amount of garbage I sell to 'preppers' online daily.         Same ***** idiots everywhere.  We're straight ****** brah. 
(12-07-2016, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/new-proposed-class-action-lawsuit-alleges-discrimination-against-black-employees-at-cnn-tbs/

According to some, the ceiling for Black folk at CNN only goes to middle management.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2016/12/07/black-employees-file-class-action-lawsuit-against-cnn/

It should be interesting to see how this plays out.  Were these people passed over for promotion strictly because of their ethnicity, or were they simply passed on for better candidates?

I had to google "Lawnewz", but their founder checks out. Such a silly name for a serious website. 

I'm sure it's a mixture of both depending on the person (since there are 20-30 unnamed people). No doubt a white owned and run business in the South would have some discrimination, whether intentional or not, but also no doubt that someone would blame being passed over for better candidates as "discrimination". 

As to why this isn't a big story like the Roger Ailles story: these are mid level producers and management, not major on camera personalities. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

This is that White privilege thing that doesn't exist, right?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-08-2016, 10:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is that White privilege thing that doesn't exist, right?

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-08-2016, 10:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is that White privilege thing that doesn't exist, right?

Being brought to light ny Mike M and Sunset.

Keep up the good work guys.
I dont dispute that there could be a racism element. However i also see a charge of nepotism, which to me reduces the argument of white privilege. Nepotism affects white and black.
(12-08-2016, 11:23 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I dont dispute that there could be a racism element.  However i also see a charge of nepotism, which to me reduces the argument of white privilege.  Nepotism affects white and black.

Nepotism affects Bengals fans. 
(12-07-2016, 10:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: You mainlining Alex Jones and FOX News?

Don't know who that is, heard the name tossed around, but don't really care, and I don't watch FOX News.

In my defense, I forgot to put the Ninja  on there.

(12-08-2016, 10:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Being brought to light ny Mike M and Sunset.

Use what every adjective makes you feel better about yourselves, but racism in any form is still racism.
(12-08-2016, 03:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  racism in any form is still racism.

Wow.  

That's deep, man.

Smirk
(12-08-2016, 10:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Being brought to light ny Mike M and Sunset.

Wow, I figured that someone actively practicing in the legal profession, such as yourself, would certainly have something a bit more substantive to offer than a mere snippy comment..

So, what is your opinion of this upcoming lawsuit?  Are the plaintiffs legit in their complains, or are they just expressing sour grapes over being passed by better job candidates?  Of note, this isn't the first time that someone has claimed racial bias on the part of CNN/TBS. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23