Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN's Mock Draft 1.0
This might be the only one that I do, but here's CNN's first mock draft.

Crippled News Network's Mock Draft 1.0

1. Penei Sewell
Protecting Burrow should be the first priority and Sewell helps solidify the line. He opted out of the 2020 college season, which means that he's just spent the entire time in the weight room and doing drills to help him prepare for the NFL. I don't know this for sure, but I'm guessing that he was working with coaches/trainers/whoever to help make his play more suitable for the NFL and things that he'll face there (not that he needed it, but just saying that it would improve his play, even if just a little bit).

He has been described as a violent run blocker, which gets me excited for not only what he brings to the team in terms of attitude, but also how he'll open up holes for Mixon and get to backers. He also didn't give up a sack his freshman year and was dominant in protecting Herbert's blind side his sophomore year.

We need to protect Burrow and make him feel comfortable so he can take us where we need to go.

2. Terrance Marshall- WR, LSU. 6'4, 200 lbs.

Burrow wanted Chase, but Marshall wouldn't be a bad compensation.

He's 4 inches taller than Chase, can win 50-50 balls going up for contested catches, and he would just be a big target for Burrow. He also ran a 4.38 40, which a tall, fast deep threat is exactly what I want for Burrow's big arm.

He needs to work on route running, bringing in passes before he runs, and a few other things, but I think he could be a STEAL and do some amazing things for us.

3. Wyatt Davis- OSU. G. 6'4, 315.

If he falls this far, I think you have to take him. Playing at OSU in Big 10 football prepared him for the style of play and the elements that he'll face in the AFCN. If we can provide him with some coaching to fine-tune his game, I think he could be a star in the NFL.

3 (if Wyatt is gone). Quinn Meinerz- G. Wisconsin Whitewater

DIII guy made enough noise to be noticed for the draft and then proved himself at the Senior Bowl.

4. Jared Goldwire- Louisville. DT/NT. 6'6. 305
His only problems seem to be with techniques- pass rushing and not staying low when being blocked- so fix those and we have a hell of a nose/3 technique to anchor our defense. I love his height and I think he'll have quarterbacks and running backs in fear because he lays the wood.

5. Anthony Shwartz- WR. Auburn. 6'0, 185.

Another speedy receiver to give defenses fits deep? YES PLEASE! Needs to refine his route running a bit, but you can't teach speed at 4.27! I think this kid has AMAZING potential!

I need to shower and go wave to cars, but let me know what you think!
Reply/Quote
Gimme those first three picks and I immediately start making plans for the playoffs!

Great mock.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Positives- I love the Wrs you drafted. Schwartz and Marshall bring the speed this team has desperately needed for a while.

Negatives- no pass rusher until the forth RD? We were dead last in sacks and TFLs last season;
3T and Edge are our biggest needs by a wide margin.

Overall grade B+
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 08:59 PM)J24 Wrote: Positives- I love the Wrs you drafted. Schwartz and Marshall bring the speed this team has desperately needed for a while.

Negatives- no pass rusher until the forth RD? We were dead last in sacks and TFLs last season;
3T and Edge are our biggest needs by a wide margin.

Overall grade B+

There's a few free agents that are available (is Melvin Ingram still unsigned?) and there will hopefully be a few good pass rushers that are cut.

We could also hope for a late round steal, but I wouldn't want to bet on that with how bad our pass rush was.
Reply/Quote
Pretty good Brad!
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 11:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty good Brad!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! 

Not bad for a vegetable!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote