Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN's Three-Round Mock Draft
Crippled News Network's Three-Round Mock Draft

I have us trading McCarron to the Browns for pick #33. Mike Brown isn't known for trading for picks (Carson was a rare deal, which may actually help since Hue was also a part of that), but he does seem to be listening to reason more lately, and, especially with a rookie salary cap, this seems like a deal he'd make.

(9) OJ Howard TE Bama- the dude is just a wide receiver in a tight end's body. He could have dominated at Alabama but wasn't used properly, which is good for us. Not exactly a mauler of a blocker, but he has the size and frame where he can be taught. I don't think they even tried to motivate him at Bama to be a more aggressive blocker or even tried to coach him to be.

Having him as a big target in the middle of the field would make it impossible to double AJ and then still have enough defenders leftover to cover OJ and Eifert (or even Kroft or Uzomah).

(33) Corey Davis WR Western Michigan- this one does kind of scare me with his injury history and has me second-guessing it, but he's a perfect fit if we decide that those aren't an issue. He's 6'3, 209, runs great routes, and is sure-handed, which all of that is PERFECT for our #2, possession receiver. Having Eifert and Howard up the seams with Aj drawing all sorts of coverage on the outside leaves Davis single covered and sure-handed to make the catch when we need to move the sticks. He'll be that guy that's always where he needs to be when Dalton needs his security blanket at the end of his progression (I know he won't always be last, but you get my point).

(41) D'Onta Foreman RB Texas- I wanted Mixon here, and he'd be my choice if Foreman goes earlier, but I just don't want the bad press and headaches Mixon brings. He did sound sincere and regretful in his apology, and, although you should never hit a woman, watching the video you can see that she did attack him first.

Foreman does lack in the receiving game, but, with our receiving options at receiver and tight end, I'm only concerned with his punishing running style, which seems very good. He's a big back with great lateral movement, meaning he can run with finesse. He does seem like sometimes he needs to just lower his head and power through defenders, but he can be taught that, where you can't teach his size and agility.

He'd be a great back in this division.

(73) Pat Eifen C Ohio State- we've needed a center for way too long, and keeping Eifen in-state makes too much sense. People may want Pocic, but dude is 6'6 and loses leverage battles, which is important in our division with the nose tackles.

Eifen fires off and dominates in the run game, and he can handle bull-rushers and holds firm in pass protection. He's not great when he has to move a lot, but he won't have to move much at center.

This guy could be the anchor on our line that we've been needing.

I ignored defense because I think we do need pass rushing ends, but I think the top guys are overrated and not worthy of picks that high. I also think we need a backer, but we mostly play nickel now, and we have Burfict and Minter, so no reason to waste a high pick on a guy that won't see the field too much. I also think we need a nose tackle, but we have Billings and Sims (and maybe even Hardison), so I don't think we need to spend an early pick on one. We also need a guard, which can be had after the first few.

I might be wrong in ignoring tackle, but I'm just holding out hope for guys currently on the roster or free agents after cuts.
Reply/Quote
He's Baaaaack!!!

Welcome back, Brad! I don't like the name CNN, but I like your draft except I don't see Davis being there in the 2nd. Hope you are doing well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's Baaaaack!!!

Welcome back, Brad!   I don't like the name CNN, but I like your draft except I don't see Davis being there in the 2nd.  Hope you are doing well.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  HAPPY TO BE BACK!

I apologize about the CNN name, but it's just me owning my life and laughing at how sensitive people are!

I'm doing VERY WELL..........   see my thread about stem cell treatment to see exactly how well!!!!!!!!

Anyways..........  the 33rd pick is essentially just the last pick in the first round, and I think that teams could be timid to draft him that early considering Randy Moss is the only wideout from the MAC to be selected in the first round, and Davis is more of a #2 receiver, so they don't think he'll be enough of a game-changer to take that early.

He'd be perfect for us, though  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 03:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  HAPPY TO BE BACK!

I apologize about the CNN name, but it's just me owning my life and laughing at how sensitive people are!

I'm doing VERY WELL..........   see my thread about stem cell treatment to see exactly how well!!!!!!!!

Anyways..........  the 33rd pick is essentially just the last pick in the first round, and I think that teams could be timid to draft him that early considering Randy Moss is the only wideout from the MAC to be selected in the first round, and Davis is more of a #2 receiver, so they don't think he'll be enough of a game-changer to take that early.

He'd be perfect for us, though  ThumbsUp

Good Stuff, Brad...glad you are back, and to coin the phrase from "Mike & Mike"..."and better than ever".  That stem cell treatment is amazing stuff.  I heard Arroyo say it resurrected his career.  That is true about Davis being from the MAC, but he was dominant against Wisconsin in their bowl game as well.  He's no doubt the real deal, but I love the idea of Ross burning folks deep and giving so much room for the AJ, Eifert, and RBs of the Bengals to work underneath.  
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2017, 07:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good Stuff, Brad...glad you are back, and to coin the phrase from "Mike & Mike"..."and better than ever".  That stem cell treatment is amazing stuff.  I heard Arroyo say it resurrected his career.  That is true about Davis being from the MAC, but he was dominant against Wisconsin in their bowl game as well.  He's no doubt the real deal, but I love the idea of Ross burning folks deep and giving so much room for the AJ, Eifert, and RBs of the Bengals to work underneath.  

Ross having such RARE SPEED is a big deal.  I DO like C Davis, a fine all round WR. MAC? MAC produced Jack Lambert,Rothilsberger.  I recall the Niners having Rice (Miss Valley St) John Taylor (Delaware St) and Brent Jones (Santa Clara) as recievers and...it worked just fine.

You eyeball guys who you saw bring some SPECIAL. You watch for the SLEEPER or the guy you thought should go earlier or the guy who factors in WINS is a rock, even if not rated real high.  You want Speed/quickness but....enough fundamentals to build upon.

Not sure IF anyone pays big for McCarron.     If we got the top pick in rd 2... that's not bad.  I sort of doubt we go for a TE/WR  (Howard) then a WR (Davis)  when we'd LIKE to  get a SPEED rush DE, and a OL guy, and a replacement #2 QB and  maybe more stuff for RB,DB,LB.   I WANT us to score goodies mid draft.  When you find starter talent in rd 3,4,5 is a path higher.
Reply/Quote
CNN? This is a fake draft!

Reply/Quote
I would be very happy with this.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 11:04 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: CNN? This is a fake draft!

NONSENSE!

The Crippled News Network is on the cutting edge of everything in the NFL!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 11:04 AM)HarleyDog Wrote:  CNN? This is a fake draft!

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
What an offensive haul...

This would definitely make the offense more elite if you had to ask me...

Holy goodness.

O.J. Howard, Corey Davis, A.J. Green, Eifert, Foreman/Hill, Boyd, etc...

Dalton would feast.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote