Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
CONTRACT FINALIZED!!!
(09-09-2023, 06:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: $219 million and one pen guaranteed, as he asked to keep it after signing the contract and they said yes.

Oh no…it is $219.01 and one pen guaranteed. The great mystery is why is that .01 is tacked on? Joe didn’t know neither did Zac

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 03:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You thought Burrow would take a hometown discount. He clearly didn’t. Even the Bengals have stated Burrow will be paid “at the highest level ever provided in the NFL.” By convention, Burrow is now the highest paid player in NFL history despite whatever new math and mental gymnastics you want to use to disagree.

Yes, oncemoreuntothejimbreech, I hoped Burrow would take a discount. But like everything else involving the exchange of money, whether or not one considers something a discount depends upon one's expectations.

I recently found something I had been wanting to buy for a long time in a discount outlet for $79 dollars, Everywhere else I looked it was $99 dollars. I felt good about the price I paid even though three years ago, before inflation, I had seen this item costing only $59 dollars.

Same with a recent purchase of gasoline on a trip I made. I paid $3.79. If i compared it to what I was paying just three years ago, $1.99, I would have been very disappointed. But I know the $1.99 of three years ago (when Mahomes signed) is unlikely to come back anytime soon, and thus I was pleased to not be paying the nearly $5 I had to pay at one time. 

I had been hearing numbers banted about for Burrow of from $55 million per year to $60 million per year. When I first heard the report that Burrow had signed for $55 million per year, for five years, I was, I admit disappointed. But then when I saw the postings that with the first two years wrapped in, it gives a 7-year average of $45 million per year, then I was happy. This was below what I had been conditioned to expect. Especially given the inflation of NFL QB salaries.

Like $1.99 gas, I don't expect the lower payments given to QB's just a few short years ago to come back. The agreement with Burrow was better than my expectations. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:19 AM)pally Wrote: Oh no…it is $219.01 and one pen guaranteed.  The great mystery is why is that .01 is tacked on?  Joe didn’t know neither did Zac

I thought that was odd when I saw it too...
Reply/Quote
Question now is which corner of the new practice facility will be Joe's private office?!
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:19 AM)pally Wrote: Oh no…it is $219.01 and one pen guaranteed.  The great mystery is why is that .01 is tacked on?  Joe didn’t know neither did Zac

Because it is not $219,000,000; but $219,010,000?
Reply/Quote
Looking like a quarter Billon Dollars:

[Image: zin3lhke7zum052en66g.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:18 AM)Nepa Wrote: Yes, oncemoreuntothejimbreech, I hoped Burrow would take a discount. But like everything else involving the exchange of money, whether or not one considers something a discount depends upon one's expectations.

I recently found something I had been wanting to buy for a long time in a discount outlet for $79 dollars, Everywhere else I looked it was $99 dollars. I felt good about the price I paid even though three years ago, before inflation, I had seen this item costing only $59 dollars.

Same with a recent purchase of gasoline on a trip I made. I paid $3.79. If i compared it to what I was paying just three years ago, $1.99, I would have been very disappointed. But I know the $1.99 of three years ago (when Mahomes signed) is unlikely to come back anytime soon, and thus I was pleased to not be paying the nearly $5 I had to pay at one time. 

I had been hearing numbers banted about for Burrow of from $55 million per year to $60 million per year. When I first heard the report that Burrow had signed for $55 million per year, for five years, I was, I admit disappointed. But then when I saw the postings that with the first two years wrapped in, it gives a 7-year average of $45 million per year, then I was happy. This was below what I had been conditioned to expect. Especially given the inflation of NFL QB salaries.

Like $1.99 gas, I don't expect the lower payments given to QB's just a few short years ago to come back. The agreement with Burrow was better than my expectations. 

It is an extension. It isn’t wrapped up with two years from his rookie contract. It is tacked onto the two years remaining from his rookie deal he was already under contract for. The only way it averages $45M/year is by including portions of his rookie contract signed in 2020 that has nothing to do with his extension. The only reason why you’re averaging multiple contracts is to make yourself feel better about Burrow not taking a below market value contract. Which I don’t understand why you think he should because it isn’t Burrow’s job to manage the Bengals’ salary cap.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 09:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It is an extension. It isn’t wrapped up with two years from his rookie contract. It is tacked onto the two years remaining from his rookie deal he was already under contract for. The only way it averages $45M/year is by including portions of his rookie contract signed in 2020 that has nothing to do with his extension. The only reason why you’re averaging multiple contracts is to make yourself feel better about Burrow not taking a below market value contract. Which I don’t understand why you think he should because it isn’t Burrow’s job to manage the Bengals’ salary cap.

Burrow may as well have done what he done did.  Palmer tried to play GM with Mike Brown and it blew up in his face, and Dalton took a friendly contract and got ground into the turf behind a crap o-line with "luxury" picks like John Ross to bail him out.
Reply/Quote