Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID plan approved
The NFLPA has approved the Bengals team COVID plan. That approval means camp can start on time. Or at least the testing of vets can start this week. either...progress

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good news. And as you said, progress.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2020, 07:03 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Good news.  And as you said, progress.

Now they need to cast the practices so I can watch it from the comfort of home and be covid free.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2020, 07:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Now they need to cast the practices so I can watch it from the comfort of home and be covid free.  ThumbsUp

Well, maybe not that much progress.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Just daydreaming about that Burrow signing.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2020, 07:43 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Just daydreaming about that Burrow signing.

Damnit! I forgot to Fedex the pen.  Nervous

Reply/Quote
MLB players dropping like flies. Im praying that this isn't a sign of things to come.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 02:46 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: MLB players dropping like flies.  Im praying that this isn't a sign of things to come.

Well, we have our first on the list:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/six-players-from-five-teams-placed-on-covid-19-reserve-list/ar-BB17diu0?li=BB15ms5q
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 10:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well, we have our first on the list:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/six-players-from-five-teams-placed-on-covid-19-reserve-list/ar-BB17diu0?li=BB15ms5q

Not Kendall Futrall! He was a pivotal piece!!!

All jokes aside, hope all those guys get well soon.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 02:46 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: MLB players dropping like flies. Im praying that this isn't a sign of things to come.

Oh it is... They haven't even started slamming into and exhaling on each other yet in the NFL yet either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 12:19 AM)jason Wrote: Oh it is... They haven't even started slamming into and exhaling on each other yet in the NFL yet either.

Shoot, baseball doesn't even have the closeness of football and the Marlins have had 14 positive tests in 2 days.  There are an awful lot of NFL players who spend the off season in Florida, Texas, and California.  We are going to see more positives

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 02:46 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: MLB players dropping like flies.  Im praying that this isn't a sign of things to come.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/google-extends-work-from-home-order-until-july-2021

When some employer okays for their workers to work from home til july 2021, that's not a good sign at all. Sad
Reply/Quote
The Vikings Infection Control Official has tested positve...that does not bode well

Reply/Quote
Let's hope MLB can get it under control, they have called an emergency meeting for this afternoon. I hope the NFL is watching and learning on what to do and what not to do from MLB. We need our sports!
Reply/Quote
After seeing the recent developments in baseball I have to think that the NFL needs to explore creating "bubbles" for the games to take place.

I know they can't impliment something like the NBA, where all the players are contained in one location. Their rosters and staffs are so much larger, and you can't scale out all the games to be played at a single site. But I do think they could borrow a page from the NHL, who is using two "hub" cities.

I think they'd be wise to explore the possibility of creating maybe 4 hub sites, and quarantine the players for the duration they spend at each location.

I'm not sure if this is even feasible, but I don't see how this works without some change to approach. Baseball is only 3 days in, and games are already being postponed, and there is already talk of either pausing or shutting it down.
Reply/Quote
This obviously won’t work without a bubble.

I’d honestly look at playing only in division games

Doing regional bubbles, perhaps.

I dunno. Games are supposed to start in 6 weeks - can’t see it.

It’s a shame cause the nfl had the most time to get this right.

As it stands, zero % chance this season happens if they just ‘move ahead w the current covid plan’
Reply/Quote
The 2020 season will not happen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 05:51 PM)McC Wrote: The 2020 season will not happen.

Reply/Quote
They should do it like the world cup.

Select 8 locations where each division plays their 6 games in a round robin format.
Example:
Week 1:
Steelers v. Bengals
Browns v. Ravens

Week 2:
Steelers v. Browns
Bengals v. Ravens

Week 3:
Steelers v. Ravens
Bengals v. Browns

Repeat

At the end of 6 weeks the top 2 from each advance to 4 different locations (4 of the 8 already used)

Bye week for all

Then
AFC East 1 v. AFC North 2
AFC West 1 v AFC South 2
Winner

At that point we are 8 weeks in and down to 4 teams. The it's a simple final 4 at one location
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 05:44 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: This obviously won’t work without a bubble.

I’d honestly look at playing only in division games

Doing regional bubbles, perhaps.  

I dunno.  Games are supposed to start in 6 weeks - can’t see it.

It’s a shame cause the nfl had the most time to get this right.  

As it stands, zero % chance this season happens if they just ‘move ahead w the current covid plan’

I (a guy who that probably doesn't have .005% of the information needed to even opine about this) would have done 8 regional bubbles of 4 teams split into 2 conferences. 6 games per region with games played every 14 days. Conference A plays even weeks, Conference B plays odd weeks. 8 Team playoff at a single bubble. 

I think that was the best possibly feasible solution. Although I'm fairly certain now that the NFL season was doomed from the get go. Not only just because of the US's response to the pandemic, but we've already seen in other sports that there are 20 something year olds that simply won't maintain quarantine (and it's hard to really blame them). There are other players that are high-risk, have families to worry about or for whom the risks don't outweigh the potential benefits. 

They might still find a way to play football (and I really hope they do), but this season will have a very large asterisk next to it, at least in my mind. 
Reply/Quote