Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID vaccine-NFL
This is NOT about your personal opinion or choice concerning the vaccinations.

The NFL has informed teams that ANY non-player team personnel that remains unvaccinated without a specific medical or religious exemption will be barred from being in tier 1 or tier 2 status. These positions involve direct player contact. This could get complicated if some big-name coach refuses.

Negotiations continue with the NFLPA

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 02:54 PM)pally Wrote: This is NOT about your personal opinion or choice concerning the vaccinations.

The NFL has informed teams that ANY non-player team personnel that remains unvaccinated without a specific medical or religious exemption will be barred from being in tier 1 or tier 2 status. These positions involve direct player contact.  This could get complicated if some big-name coach refuses.

Negotiations continue with the NFLPA

Interesting, I could see a compromise on it:    if you get Covid, you are suspended until vaccinated. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought Goodell already said he would not require vaccinations. Guess not. Sounds ridiculous to me.
Reply/Quote
You have to work around a bunch of others breathing heavily around one another. You don't have to get a vaccine. You can go mow lawns by yourself somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 03:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Interesting, I could see a compromise on it:    if you get Covid, you are suspended until vaccinated. 

..With no pay most likely if sick with covid. (NFL: because we are offering to you.. and you declined it)
Reply/Quote
I am guessing anyone who claims a religious reason will not be challenged.

Lots of anti-vaxers have done that for years with their school children.
Reply/Quote
I'm much conflicted on this issue. Someone telling me I have to have a vaccine to work goes all over me. That said, I don't have a problem with schools telling parents their children have to be vaccinated to attend, so I guess I'm a hypocrite on it. I can see them telling an employee they can't be around the players without it, as if not vaccinated they can easily spread it and cause cancellations. But, it's still problematic. Hard issue....
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am guessing anyone who claims a religious reason will not be challenged.

Lots of anti-vaxers have done that for years with their school children.

any potential grounds for lawsuits with this??
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 03:48 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I thought Goodell already said he would not require vaccinations. Guess not. Sounds ridiculous to me.

This is only for non-players, and no one is going to get fired or lose their job if they refuse to get vaccinated.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: any potential grounds for lawsuits with this??

I doubt it, because no one has a right to work for the NFL. If you don't want it, you are free to seek employment elsewhere. I suspect lots of businesses will be following suit.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is only for non-players, and no one is going to get fired or lose their job if they refuse to get vaccinated.

Right, they note they simply can't be tier 1 or 2, so my guess is they would be reassigned to a non tier 1 or 2 position or duty. 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: any potential grounds for lawsuits with this??

Good question.

I don't think so.  Non-players are not protected by a CBA or the union.  So unless it is specifically addressed in an employment contract an employer can usually require these sort of things.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm much conflicted on this issue. Someone telling me I have to have a vaccine to work goes all over me. That said, I don't have a problem with schools telling parents their children have to be vaccinated to attend, so I guess I'm a hypocrite on it. I can see them telling an employee they can't be around the players without it, as if not vaccinated they can easily spread it and cause cancellations. But, it's still problematic. Hard issue....

Some professions require vaccines to work (e.g. working in medical field), some countries require vaccines to visit.
You have freedom of choice, not freedom of consequence.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is only for non-players, and no one is going to get fired or lose their job if they refuse to get vaccinated.

Good to know, but I would assume the most people who are at a higher risk of complications from covid would get it anyway unless they dont think it works. Its a tricky situation. I'm glad I work for myself in time like this. 
Reply/Quote
I want NFL games. I want full stadiums. I want the hot dog vendors and parking lot attendants back at work earning a paycheck. I want to reopen the economy, end lock downs, and get rid of mask mandates. I don’t want to worry about infecting other patients or my family when I come home from work.

Getting vaccinated was an easy decision for me. And we were able to visit my daughter’s grandparents at Easter for the first time in over a year because they got vaccinated.

Make the right decision for you and your family, but I would encourage you to get vaccinated if possible.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 05:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And we were able to visit my daughter’s grandparents at Easter for the first time in over a year

Yes Jim, we understand that Easter is only once a year.

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 05:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I want NFL games. I want full stadiums. I want the hot dog vendors and parking lot attendants back at work earning a paycheck. I want to reopen the economy, end lock downs, and get rid of mask mandates. I don’t want to worry about infecting other patients or my family when I come home from work.

Getting vaccinated was an easy decision for me. And we were able to visit my daughter’s grandparents at Easter for the first time in over a year because they got vaccinated.  

Make the right decision for you and your family, but I would encourage you to get vaccinated if possible.

I think everybody wants to see all that, full stadiums, no masks, etc. I see way less masks in my area already. I was at the gas station this morning and not a single person had a mask on, and its still mandated here. I was pretty surprised to see that actually. I only know 3 "anti-maskers" in my friend circle. None of them got covid though, and they were gong to bars and everything the entire time yet my 98 year old grandpa got it from a home care nurse who had a mask and a face shield and gloves on at the same time. He recovered just fine though thank God. I really thought that was the end for him but he never even required oxygen. He recovered in a week, but despite that, as his medical poa I did allow them to give him the vaccine when they offered it a couple months ago.  
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 05:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I want NFL games. I want full stadiums. I want the hot dog vendors and parking lot attendants back at work earning a paycheck. I want to reopen the economy, end lock downs, and get rid of mask mandates. I don’t want to worry about infecting other patients or my family when I come home from work.

It was announced today that the Bills will allow full-capacity in their stadium this year, but you must show proof of vaccination to attend.
So if you're not vaccinated, you can't come into the stadium to watch a game.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/13/highmark-stadium-allow-full-attendance-vaccinated-buffalo-bills-fans/

Bills almost assuredly won't be the only team to do this.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 06:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It was announced today that the Bills will allow full-capacity in their stadium this year, but you must show proof of vaccination to attend.
So if you're not vaccinated, you can't come into the stadium to watch a game.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/13/highmark-stadium-allow-full-attendance-vaccinated-buffalo-bills-fans/

Bills almost assuredly won't be the only team to do this.

Risky business decision. Most people I know who are likely to go to a football game are the same ones who wont get a vaccine for covid. There will be pushback from all angles of all sides. I suspect another weird year of football before things go back to real normal.  
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 05:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes Jim, we understand that Easter is only once a year.

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

I visit my daughter's grandparents for Easter weekly
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote