Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID vaccine-NFL
(04-14-2021, 03:56 PM)rupe Wrote: Forced is a subjective word.  I know people who felt forced because they are nurses and in order to keep their jobs they were "forced" to take it or not be able support their families.  I also know a nurse who's place of employment does not require it but strongly recommends it.  She has not gotten it but feels the pressure every day. Some people don't have the ability to make that forced choice.  I do, but I'm fortunate to work in an industry that sees through this bullshit and has not enacted draconian measures.  It's going to be interesting to see the future lawsuits pile up against entities that "forced" their employees or students to take an experimental, for emergency use shot.  If months or years from now we see more deaths or complications due to the shot, someone will pay.  Since the manufacturers are exempt from lawsuits that will fall on those who mandated a shot that was for emergency use.  99.997%.  It's funny how HCQ and zinc were never allowed as a choice (until recently you can get it now if you know how), but experimental vaccines are.    I will say I received so much joy seeing those people at the Rangers game without their masks on.  One day soon this veil of bullshit will be lifted https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1382364998069059591?s=20.  To keep it on the NFL and the Bengals... What kind of jeopardy are they putting themselves in by forcing certain employees to take the vaccine, but not forcing the players/owners/coaches to take it?  How would the NFL and other employers enforce this anyway?  Surely that little piece of paper won't do it considering one can made for as little as 3 cents.  

Although it varies from state to state, compulsory vaccinations for healthcare workers are illegal in most states. For the example, here in Georgia, employers can’t require healthcare workers to get vaccinated. But, they can require you to wear universal precautions. Or they may restrict your activity with patients if you choose not to be immunized against vaccine preventable diseases in order to protect their patients and their staff.

And if you work in healthcare and refuse to follow CDC guidelines because of a lack of medical education or paranoia or a misguided belief in conspiracy theories and can’t lead by example or don’t care enough about your patients to protect them then you don’t belong in healthcare.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 07:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've known a handful of people have also gotten it and recovered from it, but most of them said it was a terrible 2+ weeks recovering. Most of them were 40 or younger, some in pretty good shape with no known underlying conditions. My wife's parents had a friend from church that passed away from it, and my wife's former coworker's mother passed away from it too.

Happy that your older relatives recovered, but there are plenty of people who haven't been so lucky.

That poster has proven himself to have some very strong political positions.  Just ask "Bengaloo" about the "Boogaloo Boys".

This leads me to doubt is anecdotal evidence about all old sick people surviving Covid.  It may be true.  I will not call him a liar.  But he clearly not being 100% straight forward about his political beliefs.

It reminds me of people claiming that smoking is not really bad for you because their grandpa smoke two packs a day for 50 years and never had heart disease or lung cancer.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That poster has proven himself to have some very strong political positions.  Just ask "Bengaloo" about the "Boogaloo Boys".

This leads me to doubt is anecdotal evidence about all old sick people surviving Covid.  It may be true.  I will not call him a liar.  But he clearly not being 100% straight forward about his political beliefs.

It reminds me of people claiming that smoking is not really bad for you because their grandpa smoke two packs a day for 50 years and never had heart disease or lung cancer.

Citing suspicion of another's political leanings usually serves as a barometer of one's political beliefs.  We all have them, and these types of topics are really hard to divorce from ideology.  
Reply/Quote