Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPD officer killed
Officer Sonny Kim was shot and killed this morning. He leaves behind a wife and 3 kids.

The second I heard his name it sounded familiar, and then I remembered I did a couple of ride alongs with him back in college.

RIP, Officer Kim.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
RIP
Reply/Quote
Heard he lived in Madisonville which is where he was killed. His kids have to live near where he died.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Some details are coming out. A person put in a 911 call reporting a suspicious person with a gun walking around the street. As it turns out, it looks like it was a baited call, by the actual guy who killed the cop.
Reply/Quote
What a sad and unfortunate event...

This dude was committing suicide. I'm not sure why he felt the need to take an officer with him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sad indeed.

Rest in peace.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 09:01 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Some details are coming out. A person put in a 911 call reporting a suspicious person with a gun walking around the street.  As it turns out, it looks like it was a baited call, by the actual guy who killed the cop.

He made two 911 calls a few minutes apart. He also made a facebook post thanking everyone who had been part of his life and he did the same to a few people by text. Apparently the shooting started as soon as Kim arrived on the scene and local PD is saying that the perps mother was in the street shortly after the shooting started, she stated she was worried about him, and they said it could have been much worse if she had not been there. Not sure how that applies unless she was able to get him to stop shooting, or distract him enough that he wasn't able to shoot anyone else. 

Not sure yet of the timeline; who was shot first, how many shots. Things like that.

Latest news: "The seeds of the confrontation may have been planted just after midnight Friday, about nine hours before the shooting started. Police say that's when a woman filed a sex offense report against Hummons."
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/06/19/officer-down-madisonville/28974101/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
His son posted a goodbye to his dad. I don't know how to link things on my phone but it should be easy enough to find. A go fund me page has already raised $76,000 for his family and there is going to be an FOP fundraiser.

I do recall one funny incident when I rode wirh him. He git a call that a car hit a pole. We come to the place and there is the car, but no driver. There is however a guy sitting in some steps. Sonny asks him if he saw anything. Nope. Any chance this is your car? Nope. Would it be ok if I patted you down? I dont care. Sonny pats him down and finds some keys. He says this key is for a Chrysler and that's a Chrysler. You sure it's not your car? Not mine. Look if you tell me its yours Ill write you a ticket and be in my way. If I find out you are lying, you are going to jail. Not mine. Im going to go over to the car and put these keys in the ignition, and if the car starts you are going to jail unless you tell me now and I will just cite you. Not mine. So Sonny goes over and starts the car, and we took the guy to jail.

Reply/Quote
RIP to the officer killed, the man who shot him obviously needed mental help. It's a shame people don't see the warning signs in cases like these. I really don't know the background info on this particular case but most of the time there are huge red flags prior to a person commuting a murder, shooting spree, suicide, etc.

Not always though, anyways enough rambling from me...I just feel bad for the officers kids.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
My condolences got out to the family.  I'm still amazed people like this are able to obtain guns.
Reply/Quote
I think that cop was close to retirement too...  That sucks.  There is no good time for someone to be shot and killed, but a father dying so close to father's day is the worst.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Just an FYI, the funeral procession will travel all the way from Norwood to GoH Cemetery on Montgomery Rd. It starts at 11:00 Fri morning and is supposed to go until 12:15-12:30. If you live or work near Montgomery Rd, you are encouraged to line the road and wear blue. I imagine it will be a sight to see that procession, and that it would make the family proud to see all of the support.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 02:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just an FYI, the funeral procession will travel all the way from Norwood to GoH Cemetery on Montgomery Rd.  It starts at 11:00 Fri morning and is supposed to go until 12:15-12:30.  If you live or work near Montgomery Rd, you are encouraged to line the road and wear blue.  I imagine it will be a sight to see that procession, and that it would make the family proud to see all of the support.

Yup. They'll be driving right by my shop.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
RIP officer Kim, prayers to the family.
Reply/Quote
I am coming down from Dayton for the procession. I am not familiar with the Montgomery road area. Is there a specific place I should Park? Thanks all.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:42 PM)Storer50 Wrote: I am coming down from Dayton for the procession.  I am not familiar with the Montgomery road area. Is there a specific place I should Park? Thanks all.

It's a 14 mile trek.  Montgomery Square in Montgomery where Kroger is (9939 Montgomery Rd) has a big parking lot.  It seems like a lot of people will be out, but you never know so I have no idea how full or not the lot will be. That's toward the end of the trip. There's also Surrey Square in Norwood where another Kroger is. That will be near the very beginning.

I heard on the radio that 500-1000 police vehicles from all over will be in the procession.  It's going to be long.

Reply/Quote
Man that was something to see, and I hope to never see it again.

Reply/Quote