Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPoY
Most of you know Dak supported the fans decision to throw objects at the refs after their playoff loss.  Do you think this influences voters to lean Burrow for comeback ayer of the year?
Reply/Quote
I think all of the voting on all the awards was finished before the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: Most of you know Dak supported the fans decision to throw objects at the refs after their playoff loss.  Do you think this influences voters to lean Burrow for comeback ayer of the year?

Why would a player's opinion on the topic of fans throwing things at refs impact whether they are voted CPOY?
Seems to me you judge the player for their on-field performance only.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Just sayin…

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why would a player's opinion on the topic of fans throwing things at refs impact whether they are voted CPOY?

A Chicago voter for MVP specifically said his logic for not voting for Roger is he's 'the biggest jerk in the league.'

So I agree they probably shouldn't but it's clear some do.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why would a player's opinion on the topic of fans throwing things at refs impact whether they are voted CPOY?

If the vote is close, do you want to give the award to someone showing such bad sportsmanship? Praising fans for throwing bottles and other debris at refs ("credit to them") is very bad sportsmanship and 100% should be considered. 
Reply/Quote

I agree but it seems in the real world  people can and have brought in their personal feelings etc.. no different than those that believe some will not vote for Rodgers for POY with his vaccine stance
Reply/Quote
I don't see how the league does not fine him for those comments
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: Most of you know Dak supported the fans decision to throw objects at the refs after their playoff loss.  Do you think this influences voters to lean Burrow for comeback ayer of the year?

Think the votes were already submitted, but if Burrow doesn't win, we will know it was nothing more than a glorified popularity contest.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't see how the league does not fine him for those comments
Maybe they'll just throw stuff at him.
(01-17-2022, 05:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Think the votes were already submitted, but if Burrow doesn't win, we will know it was nothing more than a glorified popularity contest.  
That be too bad.  Burrow may have already done enough to get the job done.  I think he deserves it.

If they manage to make a deep playoff run or even make the super bowl none of it really matters; everyone will know the Bengals are the real deal and a mayor player for the next decade.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree but it seems in the real world  people can and have brought in their personal feelings etc.. no different than those that believe some will not vote for Rodgers for POY with his vaccine stance

It's a subjective vote. I certainly do not see that bad sportsmanship, of the level committed by Prescott (praising the throwing of objects at the refs), would not be part of the equation.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Think the votes were already submitted, but if Burrow doesn't win, we will know it was nothing more than a glorified popularity contest.  

All the awards are glorified popularity contests.
Reply/Quote

LOL.  Come on, you've seen what the guy in Chicago said about Rodgers.  He was dumb enough to say it in public, but you can't convince me that some of these writers don't have some bias.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure why anybody cares for this award other than the person that wins it.

Who are the last 5 winners?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
IMO Dak should receive comeback player of the year. Dak is coming back from injury to a 5 year career that has already includes a Rookie of the Year, 2 Pro Bowl awards, and a passer rating in the high 90s. JB is coming back from injury to a career that included 10 games and a 89.8 passer rating.

JB has had a brilliant year and should be in MVP conversations, but he's not coming back to any career accolades.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO Dak should receive comeback player of the year. Dak is coming back from injury to a 5 year career that has already includes a Rookie of the Year, 2 Pro Bowl awards, and a passer rating in the high 90s. JB is coming back from injury to a career that included 10 games and a 89.8 passer rating.

JB has had a brilliant year and should be in MVP conversations, but he's not coming back to any career accolades.

I think it’s often more about the level of hardship the player went through to get back. I’m sure there were players with more accomplished resumes who came back from injuries last year than Alex Smith, but look at what he went through.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think it’s often more about the level of hardship the player went through to get back. I’m sure there were players with more accomplished resumes who came back from injuries last year than Alex Smith, but look at what he went through.

The interesting thing about smith was he didn't have to do anything other than take a single snap to win.

Just getting to the point where he was able to walk on t he field to do that was enough to earn it.

His rehab was astounding.  
Reply/Quote
So they threw bottles at the refs because they wouldn’t let the center spot the ball? Makes sense. And it’s not like they were on the one yard line. A TD was highly unlikely.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So they threw bottles at the refs because they wouldn’t let the center spot the ball? Makes sense. And it’s not like they were on the one yard line. A TD was highly unlikely.

It was also Dak’s fault anyway for not knowing he had to hand the ball to the official first

Reply/Quote

You should, in most cases. 

But if the off-field stuff is so egregious, and there is someone just as deserving without that baggage, what do you think happens?  

IDK about when the ballotingis done.

Funny thing, in this case, his comments are not just repugnant and dangerous to others, but negatively impact him as a football player. There are only two explanations for blaming the refs: 

1) You think they screwed up. Which they didn't. Which means Dak doesn't know the rules. Which is pathetic for a QB. 

2) You are trying to deflect blame off yourself. Which means you'd rather encourage violence towards others instead of accepting responsibility for the loss. Which is pathetic for a human being. 
Reply/Quote