Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CR Passed Again
So in case anyone didn't notice, Congress passed another CR to carry us until 19 January. Lots of liberal groups are berating the 18 Democrat Senators that voted in favor because they didn't fight hard enough for DREAMers.

My two Senators, Kaine and Warner, both voted for the CR and I am fine with that. Virginia has 8.4 million people and suffers greatly from government shutdowns. I ain't no fancy big city mathematician, but I believe 8.4 million constituents is more than the 800k DREAMers all throughout the country. Voting in the best interests of their constituents is the job of an elected official. People with their pet policy topics really tend to annoy me.

I wish I had more weight on Twitter, I would totally like to get into it with Ezra Klein right now. LOL
(12-21-2017, 11:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So in case anyone didn't notice, Congress passed another CR to carry us until 19 January. Lots of liberal groups are berating the 18 Democrat Senators that voted in favor because they didn't fight hard enough for DREAMers.

My two Senators, Kaine and Warner, both voted for the CR and I am fine with that. Virginia has 8.4 million people and suffers greatly from government shutdowns. I ain't no fancy big city mathematician, but I believe 8.4 million constituents is more than the 800k DREAMers all throughout the country. Voting in the best interests of their constituents is the job of an elected official. People with their pet policy topics really tend to annoy me.

I wish I had more weight on Twitter, I would totally like to get into it with Ezra Klein right now. LOL

No surprise really.

They have Christmas break to get on.   Smirk

Besides they wouldn't want to rush through a huge piece of legislation that affects so many people like that!   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I was sure they would kick the can down the road again; however, I fear JAN 19 will be a showdown.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-21-2017, 11:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So in case anyone didn't notice, Congress passed another CR to carry us until 19 January. Lots of liberal groups are berating the 18 Democrat Senators that voted in favor because they didn't fight hard enough for DREAMers.

lol, first they came for the Dreamers . . .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-26-2017, 05:04 PM)Dill Wrote: lol, first they came for the Dreamers . . .

Yeah, it'd be nice if we lived in such an idealistic, black and white, world. But as someone who works in government finance in Virginia, I know what government shutdowns do for us. One during the holidays would have been one hell of a hit to the Commonwealth.