Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAZY Ja'Marr Chase Stat!
I just was watching NFL Total Access and heard a CRAZY stat about Ja'Marr Chase:

He has more 50+ yard touchdown receptions over the PAST TWO YEARS than anyone in the league, but HE ONLY PLAYED ONE OF YEAR!

Keep in mind he did that with Burrow dropping back behind a dog shit offensive line that didn't give Chase much time to run deep!

This kid's AMAZING!

I'M going to place a fourth bet on him to be the best receiver in the league this year and might double-down and bet him to win the MVP, even though I'll already have one bet for Burrow winning MVP!

This is CRAZY!

We finally are building an indoor practice facility, we improved the offensive line, and we're making all the right moves!

I'm so PUMPED UP FOR THIS SEASON and for the next FIFTEEN YEARS!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Add "Yard" to the 50+ TD receptions....but that is an amazing stat. One I suspect to come back to earth a bit this year. Teams won't allow Chase to beat them over the top (he still will), but it will be a major emphasis. That is why I am so hopeful about the run game and hope they use more TEs and RBs as well. I know it isn't sexy, but it is attacking the weakness of the defense, and if they spend all their assets taking away your WRs, then hit them with body blows...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 07:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Add "Yard" to the 50+ TD receptions....but that is an amazing stat.  One I suspect to come back to earth a bit this year.  Teams won't allow Chase to beat them over the top (he still will), but it will be a major emphasis.  That is why I am so hopeful about the run game and hope they use more TEs and RBs as well.  I know it isn't sexy, but it is attacking the weakness of the defense, and if they spend all their assets taking away your WRs, then hit them with body blows...

Good catch......... Much appreciated!

I don't think his ranking in that category will change much. In fact, I think he could only get MORE 50+ yard catches, and here's why:

-yes, teams will try to prevent Chase from beating them over the top, but they were obviously already trying to do that and couldn't.
-Burrow having more time to throw will be a nightmare for defenses
-Chase was third in the league in yards after catch, meaning that he doesn't just need to catch deep balls to gain yards.
-Hurst, Boyd, and Higgins will make it tough to devote too much attention to Chase.
-An improved run game because of the line will also prevent defenses from going all-out to stop him.

Like you said, though, it doesn't have to be sexy and can be all about ball control.

Having said that, I do realize that it's a crazy stat to beat, but I think this could be a HUGE year for Chase and Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 12:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just was watching NFL Total Access and heard a CRAZY stat about Ja'Marr Chase:

He has more 50+ yard touchdown receptions over the PAST TWO YEARS than anyone in the league, but HE ONLY PLAYED ONE OF YEAR!

Keep in mind he did that with Burrow dropping back behind a dog shit offensive line that didn't give Chase much time to run deep!

This kid's AMAZING!

I'M going to place a fourth bet on him to be the best receiver in the league this year and might double-down and bet him to win the MVP, even though I'll already have one bet for Burrow winning MVP!

This is CRAZY!

We finally are building an indoor practice facility, we improved the offensive line, and we're making all the right moves!

WHO-DEY!

Dude...take a breath. You're going to hyperventilate.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 12:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just was watching NFL Total Access and heard a CRAZY stat about Ja'Marr Chase:

This kid's AMAZING!

This is CRAZY!

WHO-DEY!

Chase is just bad ass.

I know I've said this like 5X over last 10 seasons. I'm so pumped for this season.

Cept this time I really am  Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 02:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dude...take a breath. You're going to hyperventilate.  Cool

I "talk" with a computer, remember? It doesn't take any air to type  Rolleyes

[Image: jack-mc-farland-duh-obviously.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 03:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Chase is just bad ass.

I know I've said this like 5X over last 10 seasons. I'm so pumped for this season.

Cept this time I really am  Cool

It's an insane stat!

I tried finding the NFL record but I must be searching wrong.

I didn't say I was pumped last season because I was so worried about the offensive line, which turned out worse than I thought, but now it should be a strength, so I'm PUMPED!

This could be the BEST BENGALS TEAM EVER!
Reply/Quote
There are only a few WR who can just take over a game. He is one and he showed it at least 2 times last year. We have been blessed over the past 20 years with 3 straight game changing WR. Many teams struggle to find one in 20 years we found 3
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I "talk" with a computer, remember? It doesn't take any air to type  Rolleyes

Yes, we know.  However, to the casual reader, it reads like an unstable person is screaming from the rooftop.  

Believe me, all Bengal fans are excited that JC is on the team, even the ones who were pulling for Sewell to be the pick.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(HD bust’s into the thread) HEY! WHO TF IS IN HERE YELLING? SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO TAKE A FRUGGIN NAP!

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I "talk" with a computer, remember? It doesn't take any air to type  Rolleyes

[Image: computer-failure-picture-id118332881?k=2...9x6od9fmQ=]

Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 07:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: There are only a few WR who can just take over a game. He is one and he showed it at least 2 times last year. We have been blessed over the past 20 years with 3 straight game changing WR. Many teams struggle to find one in 20 years we found 3
I think Chase is going to be the best of the 3 just because of his elusiveness and big play abilities seem to shadow those two. Those two had big play ability, but I feel like Chase can score at any time from anywhere on the field.

That's not saying AJ and Chad weren't great, because they were, but I just think Chase brings more of the total package.
(07-19-2022, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, we know.  However, to the casual reader, it reads like an unstable person is screaming from the rooftop.  

Believe me, all Bengal fans are excited that JC is on the team, even the ones who were pulling for Sewell to be the pick.
I know. I was joking too. No harm in his or your post

ThumbsUp
(07-19-2022, 09:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: computer-failure-picture-id118332881?k=2...9x6od9fmQ=]

Big Grin

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 09:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Good catch......... Much appreciated!

I don't think his ranking in that category will change much. In fact, I think he could only get MORE 50+ yard catches, and here's why:

-yes, teams will try to prevent Chase from beating them over the top, but they were obviously already trying to do that and couldn't.
-Burrow having more time to throw will be a nightmare for defenses
-Chase was third in the league in yards after catch, meaning that he doesn't just need to catch deep balls to gain yards.
-Hurst, Boyd, and Higgins will make it tough to devote too much attention to Chase.
-An improved run game because of the line will also prevent defenses from going all-out to stop him.

Like you said, though, it doesn't have to be sexy and can be all about ball control.

Having said that, I do realize that it's a crazy stat to beat, but I think this could be a HUGE year for Chase and Burrow.

You make very solid points, Brad, especially about the improved protections, but I think after an offseason of viewing tape, Chase will be priority 1 in terms of defense's focus and they will disguise coverages for him as well.  There will be an adjustment, for sure.

To your point, you don't stop Chase, you only hope to contain him....ask the Cheifs who got DESTROYED by him (and I guess you would call the Ravens annihilated).
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 06:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You make very solid points, Brad, especially about the improved protections, but I think after an offseason of viewing tape, Chase will be priority 1 in terms of defense's focus and they will disguise coverages for him as well.  There will be an adjustment, for sure.

To your point, you don't stop Chase, you only hope to contain him....ask the Cheifs who got DESTROYED by him (and I guess you would call the Ravens annihilated).

Teams will obviously sell-out to stop Chase but, like I said, there's only so much you can do when we have so many other weapons you have to worry about stopping.

Say we're in a base set:

-You drift one safety over to Chase and the strong safety is in the box to stop the run, that leaves Higgins and Boyd one on one on the other side with no safety over the top, good luck with that.

-You drift one safety over to the double Chase and then keep the other safety back to shade over to Boyd and Higgins, then we gash them with the run or hit Hurst up the seam with no safeties in the middle of the field. 

And all that is assuming you can even stop Chase by doubling him, which, as I've pointed out, is next to impossible, especially when Burrow has time in the pocket.

It's going to get even more crazy!
Reply/Quote
I don't remember the exact stat, but I think he had a similar record over the 2019 and 2020 seasons in college football despite not playing in 2020. They brought up the stat a lot during the draft. I think it was 20+ yard receptions? But I can't find anything on the internet about it now.

Suffice it to say, Chase is an elite receiver and we are very lucky to have him.

EDIT:
Found it! It was 20+ yard touchdown receptions.
Quote:Over the 2019 and 2020 seasons, Chase led college football with 14 touchdown receptions of 20-plus yards. Chase didn't play in 2020, deciding to opt-out. With Joe Burrow leading the LSU juggernaut to a national championship, Chase caught 84 passes for 1,780 yards and 20 touchdowns. He averaged 21.2 yards per reception.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/nfl-draft-receivers-jamarr-chase-lsu#:~:text=Over%20the%202019%20and%202020,averaged%2021.2%20yards%20per%20reception.
Reply/Quote
Love me some Chase

Totally Random ….

Anyone else think the 6’ stat is a bit off lol

Looks more like 5’10 lol
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 04:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: Love me some Chase

Totally Random ….

Anyone else think the 6’ stat is a bit off lol

Looks more like 5’10 lol

It's from his Pro Day and not the Combine, so I guess it's possible... Burrow doesn't look nearly 6" taller than him, though, and Burrow's 6'3.5" is from the Combine so you know it's accurate.

[Image: 1*6QhkwCbHK_QM8f18FDUg3A@2x.jpeg]

Weight on the other hand is always a funny thing because on their NFL.com/PFR pages it's self reported, I believe, so after the Combine (which even then it's easy to add or lose weight shortterm, ask wrestlers or fighters) it's pretty much just a guess. It's why I always laughed when you see that supposedly from his rookie year, Ben actually lost 1 pound at the age of 40 and supposedly weighed 5 pounds less than Cam Newton despite them being the same height and looking like this:

[Image: 1289075927-1024x683.jpeg]
[Image: 0a5ed28545c041e182c5fc513722c098.jpeg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
^ Good points lol.
Thanks
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 07:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Add "Yard" to the 50+ TD receptions....but that is an amazing stat.  One I suspect to come back to earth a bit this year.  Teams won't allow Chase to beat them over the top (he still will), but it will be a major emphasis.  That is why I am so hopeful about the run game and hope they use more TEs and RBs as well.  I know it isn't sexy, but it is attacking the weakness of the defense, and if they spend all their assets taking away your WRs, then hit them with body blows...

No doubt, work the underneath cause Defenses WILL try to take away anything deep and try to tackle Chase much better 
this season. Still, I don't know if this will work for Defenses either with Chase he is so damn hard to tackle it isn't funny. 

Quite a few of those 50+ yard TD receptions were when he caught the ball below the Corners and Safeties and still took 
it to the house similar to the Chiefs and Ravens TD's. Special player man, crazy great balance and strength for a WR...
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, work the underneath cause Defenses WILL try to take away anything deep and try to tackle Chase much better 
this season. Still, I don't know if this will work for Defenses either with Chase he is so damn hard to tackle it isn't funny. 

Quite a few of those 50+ yard TD receptions were when he caught the ball below the Corners and Safeties and still took 
it to the house similar to the Chiefs and Ravens TD's. Special player man, crazy great balance and strength for a WR...

His most underestimated attribute.  He is probably, pound for pound, one of the strongest guys on the team.  I think his 23 reps of 225 lbs shows that.  Insane.  And he was just 20 years old when he did that.  

One of my favorite Chase plays (there sure are many...) was when he led Mixon to the end zone and smoked a safety to the ground near the goal line.  Mixon almost looked as though he was so entertained by the block that he was just going to coast the rest of the way, but the Detroit guy rolled to his feet pretty quickly (not easy) and Chase was like "Stay Down, *****!" and hit him again.  I laughed so hard at that play.  
Reply/Quote