Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CTB placed on IR
https://x.com/bengals/status/1731750233279803783?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

This ***** disaster of a season takes another turn I’m currently packing my suitcase for my trip to Cincy and considering packing my boots as I might get a game at this point LOL

In all seriousness chance for Turner to get a hell of a lot of experience as he will be starting next year wouldn’t bring Chido back given how he’s played this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 04:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: https://x.com/bengals/status/1731750233279803783?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

This ***** disaster of a season takes another turn I’m currently packing my suitcase for my trip to Cincy and considering packing my boots as I might get a game at this point LOL

In all seriousness chance for Turner to get a hell of a lot of experience as he will be starting next year wouldn’t bring Chido back given how he’s played this year.

Have to look at it that way, more experience for DJ Turner and Ivey in a lost season. Love CTB, hope he heals up well.

Plays so physical and with passion and is becoming a ballhawk for us as well.
Reply/Quote
Welp it’s been a good season for him

Now time to work on the training schedule for the offseason

I’d Love CTB to work on his communication and fine tuning his coverage skills. Would love to see more instances where he’s baiting QBs to throw bad passes in cover 2
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I will root for us to win individual games but we should definitely be playing young guys as much as possible because 2023 is cooked for us. I hope everyone heals up well so they are in time to get full practice and preparation for next year.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's get Ivey some looks.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 04:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Let's get Ivey some looks.

"poison " Ivey 
your up!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 04:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Let's get Ivey some looks.

My thoughts exactly: if we can go into next year with the DB room all set, the Draft would allow us to focus on other areas.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 05:09 PM)kalibengal Wrote: "poison " Ivey 
your up!

I can't remember who it was (Mike Hilton?) but there's someone on the team that gives other players nicknames. 

He called him "IVEY LEAGUE" because not everyone gets in.

As to CTB:
I was critical of the selection when it happened and his play last year, but he was turning me into a believer this year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 05:11 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: My thoughts exactly: if we can go into next year with the DB room all set, the Draft would allow us to focus on other areas.

So true, need to take advantage of this opportunity and see what we have in our youth. I have really liked what I have seen from
Dax, CTB, DJ Turner and Battle for the future. If Ivey can show some great things too we could be in a much better place than we 
think.

Especially in the Secondary where we are young and talented. Lou is good with the Secondary. My complaint with Lou and the D 
this year has been with the DL at times and the LB's in not tackling the RB's or TE's immediately and instead just ripping at the 
ball all the time. Need to work on this, our guy's are vets and should be better than this.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, need to take advantage of this opportunity and see what we have in our youth. I have really liked what I have seen from
Dax, CTB, DJ Turner and Battle for the future. If Ivey can show some great things too we could be in a much better place than we 
think.

Especially in the Secondary where we are young and talented. Lou is good with the Secondary. My complaint with Lou and the D 
this year has been with the DL at times and the LB's in not tackling the RB's or TE's immediately and instead just ripping at the 
ball all the time. Need to work on this, our guy's are vets and should be better than this.

I think we need to be a bit more realistic with how we are evaluating our players. I constantly see people posting they like our secondary and LBs and Reader...well if we like 7/11 players on the field, how do we have one of the worst defenses in the NFL? I understand you need all 11 guys, but you'll rarely ever have 11 good players and it's not like BJ Hill, Hubbard, and some of the other non-named contributors are practice squad level players. 

I think the players a lot of people like just clearly aren't as good as people think. 
Reply/Quote
The tank continues.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 05:31 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: I think we need to be a bit more realistic with how we are evaluating our players. I constantly see people posting they like our secondary and LBs and Reader...well if we like 7/11 players on the field, how do we have one of the worst defenses in the NFL? I understand you need all 11 guys, but you'll rarely ever have 11 good players and it's not like BJ Hill, Hubbard, and some of the other non-named contributors are practice squad level players. 

I think the players a lot of people like just clearly aren't as good as people think. 

These vets didn't just forget how to play football. Lou needs to get them back to where they were. Reader has like a 79 PFF rating
this year. Pratt just likes to hold players up and rip at the ball too much in my opinion like I said. Our Secondary is extremely young,
they will make mistakes and this is realistic.

If you don't want Reader here you are crazy, see how bad of a run Defense we would be without him. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I wanted Ivey to get some looks and took some heat for it. Didn't want to see it due to injury, but hopefully we can see if his training camp / preseason hype can lead to a late round steal.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Ivey looked pretty good in camp,and pre-season games.I know he’s a seventh rounder,but I’d like to see more of him.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can't remember who it was (Mike Hilton?) but there's someone on the team that gives other players nicknames. 

He called him "IVEY LEAGUE" because not everyone gets in.

As to CTB:
I was critical of the selection when it happened and his play last year, but he was turning me into a believer this year. 

He missed close to the first half last year didn’t he? He may just now have a complete season under his belt.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 04:15 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: https://x.com/bengals/status/1731750233279803783?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

I’d bring Chido back on the cheap if they think he’ll be better with more time post surgery. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still bothered by it. You lose explosiveness, speed, acceleration with an acl. He looked great before the injury, maybe next year he’s better?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2023, 09:20 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’d bring Chido back on the cheap if they think he’ll be better with more time post surgery. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still bothered by it. You lose explosiveness, speed, acceleration with an acl. He looked great before the injury, maybe next year he’s better?

He’s also dealing with a bad back at the moment.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

For where he is in return from his injury, he has been good.  A DB is not going to be at top level in year 1 returning from an ACL injury.  Throw in a herniated disc and he has been pretty damn good.

With that said, they should have been limiting his snaps all year as he gets his body back to where it needs to be.  He should have been depth this year, not at the top of the chart.
Reply/Quote
Jax fans think they’ll just win by more than if Burrow had been playing. Also Trevor is yet another generational talent. (How many of those can there be before that’s not a thing?).

Reply/Quote
how did we go to the superbowl that year, every ball went the wrong way this year lol. pretty sure bengals win this if burrow was playing, he wouldn't let that happen on Monday night and he would have needed this win more than the Jags.
Reply/Quote