• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cade stover measurements
Cade Stover
College: Ohio State

Height: 6’4”
Weight: 247 pounds
Arm Length: 32 3/4"
Hand Size: 9 3/4"

Also his favorite hobby is bailing hay. My ride or die this draft and a very very good 3rd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 03:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Cade Stover
College: Ohio State

Height: 6’4”
Weight: 247 pounds
Arm Length: 32 3/4"
Hand Size: 9 3/4"

Also his favorite hobby is bailing hay. My ride or die this draft and a very very good 3rd round pick.

He's not got blazing speed, but he moves pretty smoothly.  Have they ran yet?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's not got blazing speed, but he moves pretty smoothly.  Have they ran yet?

I'm interested to see his drills.
Some didn't think he was very athletic but I thought he looked pretty smooth as a receiver from the games I watched of him.
Sometimes it's hard to get an idea just how fast or twitchy a guy is just by watching games, especially in the Big 10 that is predominantly run-heavy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 07:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm interested to see his drills.
Some didn't think he was very athletic but I thought he looked pretty smooth as a receiver from the games I watched of him.
Sometimes it's hard to get an idea just how fast or twitchy a guy is just by watching games, especially in the Big 10 that is predominantly run-heavy.

Looking at total plays, the conference looked like 60/40 toward the run, with OSU, UM, and MD ranging around 55/45. So, you might be onto something.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would like Cade Stover in the mid rounds. I like Ben Sinnott a little better, but I like both of these TE's for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's not got blazing speed, but he moves pretty smoothly.  Have they ran yet?

(03-01-2024, 07:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would like Cade Stover in the mid rounds. I like Ben Sinnott a little better, but I like both of these TE's for us.

Like both, stover just a touch more. Sanders was bad in the 40 4.74 I think?… stover ran a 4.64 for reference. Pretty good time for him
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 10:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Like both, stover just a touch more. Sanders was bad in the 40 4.74 I think?… stover ran a 4.64 for reference. Pretty good time for him

Great, TEs don't need to be blazers, just able to move and get open.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sinnott and Stover both with sub-4.7 40 times.
Sinnott - 4.68
Stover - 4.65

Both also have good weight at 247 and 250 lbs, but both also have sub-33" arm length and just barely 9" hand size.

More eyes might come on Theo Johnson, who has done very well so far at the Combine:
Height - 6'6"
Weight - 259 lbs
Arm length - 33"
Hand size - 10.28" (biggest among TEs)
40 time - 4.65

Brevyn Spann-Ford measured in big too at 260 lbs but only a 4.76 40 (slowest among TEs), so he's more of a plodder compared to the other guys many of us have been talking about on these forums.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2024, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sinnott and Stover both with sub-4.7 40 times.
Sinnott - 4.68
Stover - 4.65

Both also have good weight at 247 and 250 lbs, but both also have sub-33" arm length and just barely 9" hand size.

More eyes might come on Theo Johnson, who has done very well so far at the Combine:
Height - 6'6"
Weight - 259 lbs
Arm length - 33"
Hand size - 10.28" (biggest among TEs)
40 time - 4.65

Brevyn Spann-Ford measured in big too at 260 lbs but only a 4.76 40 (slowest among TEs), so he's more of a plodder compared to the other guys many of us have been talking about on these forums.

Stover ran better than than I expected but looked stiff running drills. Sinnott looked really good he didn't have the leg drive to move rhe sled like the bigger guys but the technique was there. Sanders ran as expected and looked really fluid during the drills. Better than expected sled technique but just not much lower body power.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2024, 01:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Stover ran better than than I expected but looked stiff running drills. Sinnott looked really good he didn't have the leg drive to move rhe sled like the bigger guys but the technique was there. Sanders ran as expected and looked really fluid during the drills. Better than expected sled technique but just not much lower body power.

Stover looked rough in every drill, save for the Gauntlet where he was super smooth and was in the right spot on each throw, as well as the sled, where he showed good strength/drive.

But yes, was stiff, running times were average, was too high on the sled and didnt look good or bad in the catching and routes (average/passable), but he bobbled what seemed to be every throw.

Tip Reiman was awesome, save for dropping the ball a ton lol, but otherwise he was the standout, IMO. Would be happy with him as TE3/4 or PS, in the 6th or later and we roll with one of the top guys, Sample and Hudson.

Considering we dressed 4 TEs for at least half our games last year (if not 4/5ths), I'd be cool with double-dipping this draft.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 10:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great, TEs don't need to be blazers, just able to move and get open.

I like Theo and Sinnett the most out of this bunch.....
Reply/Quote
Stover is what he is. He’s not the most athletic(although scoring a 8.80 on the ras was nice), he’s not the fastest or most fluid, but he breaks ***** tackles and can block very well(unlike sanders whose sled work was atrocious). I would love to double dip at te which is why I wanna trade back.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2024, 06:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Stover is what he is. He’s not the most athletic(although scoring a 8.80 on the ras was nice), he’s not the fastest or most fluid, but he breaks ***** tackles and can block very well(unlike sanders whose sled work was atrocious). I would love to double dip at te which is why I wanna trade back.

Some guys test really well and move up the boards, some others don't test as well and slide down some.  At the end of the day, it is still important to re-watch game footage in order to confirm or dismiss what was demonstrated in the testing.  I mean the Combine wasn't nicknamed the "Underwear Olympics" for nothing..  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd just like to reiterate I don't really like Sanders enough to pick him Rd2.

At 49, I think real quality WRs, CBs, and DTs will be on the board. I'd rather go that direction and wait until Rd3/Rd4 for TEs.

FA signings could upend my thinking.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2024, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some guys test really well and move up the boards, some others don't test as well and slide down some.  At the end of the day, it is still important to re-watch game footage in order to confirm or dismiss what was demonstrated in the testing.  I mean the Combine wasn't nicknamed the "Underwear Olympics" for nothing..  

Yup. Combine is meant to make you think…. Damn is this guy really this slow? Let me go watch the game film as I didn’t notice it or vice versus. It just makes you recheck the tape sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 10:16 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Like both, stover just a touch more. Sanders was bad in the 40 4.74 I think?… stover ran a 4.64 for reference. Pretty good time for him

Not a fan of Ja'Tavion Sanders anyways. I am with you on both Stover and Sinnott. I also like Theo Johnson like Ochocincos brought up.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a fan of Ja'Tavion Sanders anyways. I am with you on both Stover and Sinnott. I also like Theo Johnson like Ochocincos brought up.

Yup… in some earlier mocks I had us grabbing Sinnott in 3 and stover in 4(pipe dream now) and stover in 3 and Johnson in 5(again a pipe dream) but would love either of these scenarios
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a fan of Ja'Tavion Sanders anyways. I am with you on both Stover and Sinnott. I also like Theo Johnson like Ochocincos brought up.

Sanders was 4.69 just short of 4.68 and 4.65 of Sinnott and Stover.  I like Sinnot and Theo the best of this bunch. Then Sanders and Stover.
Reply/Quote
Stover could be a solid 3rd round, one thing NFL teams know, whoever drafts him is getting a hard nose work horse in the locker room and field and a possible two way player if needed.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 06:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Stover could be a solid 3rd round, one thing NFL teams know, whoever drafts him is getting a hard nose work horse in the locker room and field and a possible two way player if needed.

Stover is one of those players that isn't going to wow you with measurables, but the guy just gets it down. I think whoever drafts him will be glad they did. Hope it is us! Lol
Reply/Quote