Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cade stover measurements
(03-03-2024, 06:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Stover could be a solid 3rd round, one thing NFL teams know, whoever drafts him is getting a hard nose work horse in the locker room and field and a possible two way player if needed.

(03-03-2024, 06:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Stover is one of those players that isn't going to wow you with measurables, but the guy just gets it down. I think whoever drafts him will be glad they did. Hope it is us! Lol

I've watched Stover in a lot of games, he's definitely a "lunch pail" type of guy.  He would fit well with what the Bengals are claiming to want in a TE, but then again so would Theo Johnson or Ben Stinnott.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2024, 05:17 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yup… in some earlier mocks I had us grabbing Sinnott in 3 and stover in 4(pipe dream now) and stover in 3 and Johnson in 5(again a pipe dream) but would love either of these scenarios

I don't see us using 2 picks on TE. RB? Maybe, but not TE.

(03-03-2024, 05:52 PM)pulses Wrote: Sanders was 4.69 just short of 4.68 and 4.65 of Sinnott and Stover.  I like Sinnot and Theo the best of this bunch. Then Sanders and Stover.

True, I also like Sinnott and Theo the most, but I would be fine with any of these guys honestly. I just don't like TE's that cannot block even if
we don't ask our TE's to block a ton, I would like a TE to be able to block on the edge in the running game as we ask this of our Receivers as 
well. Sanders isn't a good blocker, but neither was Kincaid and we wanted him last year evidently.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't see us using 2 picks on TE. RB? Maybe, but not TE.

True, I also like Sinnott and Theo the most, but I would be fine with any of these guys honestly. I just don't like TE's that cannot block even if
we don't ask our TE's to block a ton, I would like a TE to be able to block on the edge in the running game as we ask this of our Receivers as 
well. Sanders isn't a good blocker, but neither was Kincaid and we wanted him last year evidently.
Sample can do the blocking lol
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 05:11 PM)pulses Wrote: Sample can do the blocking lol

Sounds good, bring back Sample and Hudson and I would be fine with Sanders, but not in the first please.

The only TE I would take in the first is Brock Bowers.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 10:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've watched Stover in a lot of games, he's definitely a "lunch pail" type of guy.  He would fit well with what the Bengals are claiming to want in a TE, but then again so would Theo Johnson or Ben Stinnott.

I've seen a lot of Stover, but honestly never really heard of Thompson till the last couple of weeks. Sinnott, I don't ever watch the Big12 games, so I have no idea about him either. I am just hoping we grab a good one, whoever he may be.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 05:11 PM)pulses Wrote: Sample can do the blocking lol

If you're only bringing Sample in to block, it can more give away what the play will be, as Sample is basically a non-threat as a pass catcher.
Worst case is bringing Hudson and Sample back and having them split duties again, but ideally you want your TE1 (and TE2) able to both block and catch.
The TEs I have on my list are Bowers, Sinnott, Johnson, and Stover.
I'd like to have a TE taken no later than Rd 4.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 11:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I've seen a lot of Stover, but honestly never really heard of Thompson till the last couple of weeks. Sinnott, I don't ever watch the Big12 games, so I have no idea about him either. I am just hoping we grab a good one, whoever he may be.

You mean Johnson, not Thompson Wedge pretty sure. Theo Johnson is a monster, he is like 6'7" and he is athletic.

I watched Sinnott once last year and he stood out in a great way and was clutch in helping Kansas State get a win late. Sinnott 
can play H-back, Fullback, TE and can line up as a Receiver. He catches the ball well and blocks well. He is like my Sam Laporta 
of this Draft and would love to have him.

(03-05-2024, 02:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you're only bringing Sample in to block, it can more give away what the play will be, as Sample is basically a non-threat as a pass catcher.
Worst case is bringing Hudson and Sample back and having them split duties again, but ideally you want your TE1 (and TE2) able to both block and catch.

Well, I actually thought Drew Sample was a bit better of a pass catcher last year than he has been in the past and he got at least 3 TD's 
that surprised me with his YAC. He really buffed up last year and him in the backfield with Browning really helped in pass protection.

We could still slip him out on middle TE screens and he could make Defenses pay. But I agree in principal. Really want my TE's to be able 
to both block and catch well to not give away anything to the Defense. That is why I like Bowers and Sinnott so much. Stover can also do 
both well, Theo Johnson I don't know about yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 02:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you're only bringing Sample in to block, it can more give away what the play will be, as Sample is basically a non-threat as a pass catcher.

I think if you want Sinnott or Johnson you'll have to grab one of them in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote