Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calexit
(01-27-2017, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, I didn't realize that the Dead Kennedys were still making new music.  I haven't listened to anything by them is probably 30 years.

That song's from 1979, but it still applies to today.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
I would love for California to exit. Here's why:

We suck playing on the west coast.

We would rocket in the education rankings per country.

We would no longer have to care about the fault line.

Gang violence in America would decline drastically.

All those Hollywood stars who said they would leave the country if Trump got elected would save face.

I would no longer be torturized by wife watching E Hollywood.

And last but not least, Bruce/Katelyn Jenner could be both King & Queen of that foresaken new country!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-27-2017, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, I didn't realize that the Dead Kennedys were still making new music.  I haven't listened to anything by them is probably 30 years.

Yeah.

I haven't heard anything from them since Ted died. Ninja

(Awaiting the stoning....)
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-27-2017, 08:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe just the West end of California could exit.  I'm sure that most of the farmers out there, that produce the vast majority of American Produce, don't agree with the Liberal agenda anyway..

That's hardly true. Maybe if we're talking about like.. Avacados or Lettuce or something, but if you're just going to say American produce? Corn, potatoes, milk, eggs, apples, peaches, cheese, beef, chicken, pork, etc? Nah, not even freaking close.

Are they a big producer? Sure. But nowhere near the "vast majority" in this country.

Not to mention, good luck trying to grow all of that. They rely on like seven different states to get *water*, which isn't going to happen if they left the US.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
http://beef2live.com/story-states-produce-food-value-0-107252

Quote:[/
That's hardly true. Maybe if we're talking about like.. Avacados or Lettuce or something, but if you're just going to say American produce? Corn, potatoes, milk, eggs, apples, peaches, cheese, beef, chicken, pork, etc? Nah, not even freaking close.

Are they a big producer? Sure. But nowhere near the "vast majority" in this country.

Not to mention, good luck trying to grow all of that. They rely on like seven different states to get *water*, which isn't going to happen if they left the US. quote]

[quote]1
California
$44,738,132,000
11.30%
Iowa
$31,985,370,000
8.10%
Nebraska
$24,465,882,000
6.20%
Texas
$22,726,067,000
5.80%
Minnesota
$20,580,696,000
5.20%
Illinois
$19,649,939,000
5.00%
Kansas
$16,223,254,000
4.10%
Wisconsin
$12,110,055,000
3.10%
Indiana
$12,052,964,000
3.10%
North Carolina
$11,706,602,000
3.00%

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-27-2017, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure they're busy reporting about more important things. Perhaps the fact that Trump did not come to a complete stop at a 4-way intersection back in 1994. But I'm betting you can type Calexit into a search bar and get more than 1 source.

Here's CNBC'c coverage:
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/27/california-succession-movement-starts-gathering-petition-signatures.html?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=104246047&yptr=yahoo

C'mon California, you can do it!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

The San Andreas Fault might accelerate secession.
I'd hate to lose Yosemite... It would also be a damn shame to run the wall through Lake Tahoe.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
First off, it's never going to happen. This is just angry liberals yelling at the clouds, no different than angry conservatives under Obama. To all those that say good riddance, what do you think would happen to the U.S. if we lose the port of LA.? 40% of all container imports come in through California. There are no other west coast ports that can handle that kind of traffic and I can pretty much guarantee that companies aren't going to foot the bill to ship everything from China to the East coast. Good luck bringing it through Mexico with all the wall stuff going on.
(01-28-2017, 04:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: First off, it's never going to happen. This is just angry liberals yelling at the clouds, no different than angry conservatives under Obama. To all those that say good riddance, what do you think would happen to the U.S. if we lose the port of LA.? 40% of all container imports come in through California. There are no other west coast ports that can handle that kind of traffic and I can pretty much guarantee that companies aren't going to foot the bill to ship everything from China to the East coast. Good luck bringing it through Mexico with all the wall stuff going on.

You might want to read up on Trump's plans for imports from Asia. Oregon and Washington have plenty ports. 

(01-28-2017, 02:50 PM)jason Wrote: I'd hate to lose Yosemite... It would also be a damn shame to run the wall through Lake Tahoe.

You have a point, wouldn't take long for folks to realize free stuff really isn't free and they would flood out Western Border

(01-28-2017, 10:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: http://beef2live.com/story-states-produce-food-value-0-107252

Okay, and since when is 11.3% the vast majority? You need 50.1% for a majority, and a good deal more than that for a vast majority. 

11.3% isn't a vast majority over 88.7%

(01-27-2017, 08:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe just the West end of California could exit.  I'm sure that most of the farmers out there, that produce the vast majority of American Produce, don't agree with the Liberal agenda anyway..

Probably all they'd really have to do is kick out LA.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(01-28-2017, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You might want to read up on Trump's plans for imports from Asia. Oregon and Washington have plenty ports. 

I've lived in Seattle and currently live in Oregon. Neither one currently has ports that can handle what L.A. does, it would take 10's of billions of dollars to upgrade the infrastructure. The biggest port in Oregon is Portland, there's almost nothing on the coast except fishing ports. The Columbia river could not handle the shipping traffic of L.A. Also, if California somehow miraculously pulled off seceding, what makes you think the only two states nearly as liberal and neighbors wouldn't follow suit?
(01-28-2017, 06:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I've lived in Seattle and currently live in Oregon. Neither one currently has ports that can handle what L.A. does, it would take 10's of billions of dollars to upgrad the infrastructure. The biggest port in Oregon is sport land, there's almost nothing on the coast except fishing ports. The Columbia river could not handle the shipping traffic of L.A.  Also, if California somehow miraculously pulled off seceding, what makes you think the only two states nearly as liberal and neighbors wouldn't follow suit?

Really?  Since they jumped off the cliff and it seemed like a good idea cuz the ride down was a real thrill, others would follow?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Put it this way. The US would do a lot better without California than it would do without the US. Try running a state without federal money.

(01-28-2017, 06:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Also, if California somehow miraculously pulled off seceding, what makes you think the only two states nearly as liberal and neighbors wouldn't follow suit?

Sanity

(01-28-2017, 06:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Okay, and since when is 11.3% the vast majority? You need 50.1% for a majority, and a good deal more than that for a vast majority. 

11.3% isn't a vast majority over 88.7%

Yes, I get that I was wrong.  That is why I went ahead an posted the correct stats.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-28-2017, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I get that I was wrong.  That is why I went ahead an posted the correct stats.

Ah, alright.

You're right that California is a huge agriculture area in this country, though. I just think they need us more than we need them. Specifically because without the water they get from 7 other states, none of their crops and animals would survive. Plus without the energy they get from elsewhere, they'd be forced to drill offshore for oil (which they've fought off doing for an eternity). So when their state turns back into a desert, and their beaches are crowded with oil rigs, I don't think they'd be too happy.

- - - - - - - -
Side note off the agriculture bit, hasn't Northern California tried in the past to become it's own state?

(01-28-2017, 08:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ah, alright.

You're right that California is a huge agriculture area in this country, though. I just think they need us more than we need them. Specifically because without the water they get from 7 other states, none of their crops and animals would survive. Plus without the energy they get from elsewhere, they'd be forced to drill offshore for oil (which they've fought off doing for an eternity). So when their state turns back into a desert, and their beaches are crowded with oil rigs, I don't think they'd be too happy.

- - - - - - - -
Side note off the agriculture bit, hasn't Northern California tried in the past to become it's own state?

I remember seeing some sort of proposal that would have broken Cali into 7 different States.  I think that idea quickly died, once they realized that 5 of the 7 would be conservative, thus netting them an 8 seat Senatorial deficit along with many House seats.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23