Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the sky tonight
3 planet visible in the sky tonight.

Look at the moon as a reference for the first 2. To the right and just a little low you will see a light that just doesn't quite look like the "other stars" (brighter and a very slight difference in hue). That is venus. Now look diagonal up and left. Another light that isn't the same as the others. That would be Jupiter.

If you have a medium strength or better telescope the third is more interesting. The southeastern sky is where you will find Saturn and tonight it is the closest to Earth in this passing. With a decent telescope you can see the some of the rings and moons. To help find Saturn check out this link http://astronomy.com/observing/sky-this-week/2015/05/may-2231-2015
Reply/Quote
Oh that's cool, thanks for the info, I'm going to check it out tonight.

My son has a tele with a x100 lens, I wonder if this will be good enough to see the rings?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I think I looked too late. Oh well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 04:21 AM)treee Wrote: I think I looked too late. Oh well.

same here  :snark:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Next weekend, my wife and I will be going to the Cincinnati Observatory for their annual Saturn viewing. Late May-Early June is the best time to check it out apparently. We went last year and drank a bunch of wine and stared through the telescopes for a couple of hours. We had a good enough time that we're gonna do it all over again! If anyone is interested, you should definitely check it out.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote