Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
California has spent billions to fight homelessness. The problem has gotten worse
(07-15-2023, 01:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I just found it odd that you would cite the article I linked and then completely miss the main point of said article.

"Sad" then, I guess.  

Must have just remembered that "said article" advanced the housing thesis but didn't dismiss other causes, as I read the GAO report a day later,
conflating the two. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 01:37 PM)Dill Wrote: "Sad" then, I guess.  

Must have just remembered that "said article" advanced the housing thesis but didn't dismiss other causes, as I read the GAO report a day later,
conflating the two. 

It sure didn't.  But, again, the main thrust of the article was affordable housing.  So, again, I found your mistake to be odd.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 02:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It sure didn't.  But, again, the main thrust of the article was affordable housing.  So, again, I found your mistake to be odd.

Uncharacteristic of "mighty" dill then. Gotcha. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 02:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It sure didn't.  But, again, the main thrust of the article was affordable housing.  So, again, I found your mistake to be odd.

Got a question for ya. How much do you think the combination of lax immigration policies since Trump and California basically being a 'sanctuary state' has contributed to this? I know there are other factors at play here for sure, but just curious how much of a factor the immigration angle might be.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 05:21 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Got a question for ya. How much do you think the combination of lax immigration policies since Trump and California basically being a 'sanctuary state' has contributed to this? I know there are other factors at play here for sure, but just curious how much of a factor the immigration angle might be.

Very little in my experience and I doubt you'd see much, if any, interest in a study that revealed any real numbers.  Most illegal immigrants are here to work their ass off and send money home.  While I certainly have my issues with the government's refusal to follow the law, the majority of those here illegally are here to work.  Of course, there is an unfortunate contingent that are here for deliberate criminal purposes, e.g. smuggling (whether it be people, drugs or other contraband), they don't contribute to the homeless problem.

It's really the mental illness and drug addict issues that drive it.  That, and as I stated earlier, lots of people ship their homeless populations to Southern California and the homeless are only too happy to go.  
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 05:13 PM)Dill Wrote: Uncharacteristic of "mighty" dill then. Gotcha. 

This was good, I have to give it to you.
Reply/Quote