Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California prison reform 3 years later
Another example of how leftist ideas don't really solve problems, they just create new ones...or in this case greater ones.

The loosening of law enforcement standards and prison time in order to combat the prison overcrowding problem...
Violent crime up 40%
Auto thefts in LA soar.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/07/30/california-voted-to-go-easy-on-criminals-this-is-how-crime-is-doing-3-years-later/

Savings of $100 million for Californians? This fake news source doesn't subtract the costs associated with the large spike in crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/17/did-california-prison-reform-lead-to-increase-in-crime.html
I believe I've been saying this for quite some time. AB109 is a complete joke. They release "non-violent" offenders early. Problem is, they classify this "non-violence" by the offense that currently has them incarcerated. So, a guy can have numerous ADW convictions and if he's in prison for burglary he's a non-violent offender under this criteria. It's only going to get worse with the passing of two soft on crime propositions last November. I have several friends who are parole agents, they can't violate anyone on anything other than a new felony level offense (which they'd be arrested for regardless of parole status). I believe I've mentioned this as well, but the tone on the street is that law enforcement is now impotent to do anything, I've flat out heard people say, "Y'all can't do anything to us anymore".

Meanwhile the state government wants to eliminate mandatory minimums on crimes committed while using a firearm while at the same time trying to criminalize millions of law abiding gun owners. Kind of makes you wonder where their priorities are, hmm?
(07-31-2017, 03:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe I've been saying this for quite some time.  AB109 is a complete joke.  They release "non-violent" offenders early.  Problem is, they classify this "non-violence" by the offense that currently has them incarcerated.  So, a guy can have numerous ADW convictions and if he's in prison for burglary he's a non-violent offender under this criteria.  It's only going to get worse with the passing of two soft on crime propositions last November.  I have several friends who are parole agents, they can't violate anyone on anything other than a new felony level offense (which they'd be arrested for regardless of parole status).  I believe I've mentioned this as well, but the tone on the street is that law enforcement is now impotent to do anything, I've flat out heard people say, "Y'all can't do anything to us anymore".

Meanwhile the state government wants to eliminate mandatory minimums on crimes committed while using a firearm while at the same time trying to criminalize millions of law abiding gun owners.  Kind of makes you wonder where their priorities are, hmm?

Recently the California DOJ tried to just change the definitions of words in their assault rifle ban. No vote or discussion, just decided that shotguns that have a magazine are now assault rifles too.

Look forward to putting bullet buttons on those, and thoroughly photographing every weapon you have, sending it in for their registration database.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(07-31-2017, 05:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Recently the California DOJ tried to just change the definitions of words in their assault rifle ban. No vote or discussion, just decided that shotguns that have a magazine are now assault rifles too.

Look forward to putting bullet buttons on those, and thoroughly photographing every weapon you have, sending it in for their registration database.

Remember, it's not confiscation when they make you register a weapon (for a fee!) and then have to destroy it or send it out of state once you die.  If you call it confiscation you're just a gun nut who doesn't care about dead children.
I guess the kinder, gentler, compassionate folks have nothing to say.

Too bad Fred is on leave, he'd think of something.lol