Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call Jack Del Rio Back!
Do it, Zac! Swallow your pride, pick up the phone, and call Jack Del Rio back. Apologize. Grovel. Tell him you made a terrible decision and you will regret it until death. Offer him whatever it takes to make him the Bengals’ defensive coordinator. He was the best candidate, he wanted the job, and you turned him down — and you’ll regret it if you don’t hire him.

The reason, Zac, potential defensive coordinators are fleeing from interviewing with the Bengals is simple: They saw what you did to Jack Del Rio and they don’t want to work for you because of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 04:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Do it, Zac!  Swallow your pride, pick up the phone, and call Jack Del Rio back.  Apologize.  Grovel.  Tell him you made a terrible decision and you will regret it until death.  Offer him whatever it takes to make him the Bengals’ defensive coordinator.  He was the best candidate, he wanted the job, and you turned him down — and you’ll regret it if you don’t hire him.

The reason, Zac, potential defensive coordinators are fleeing from interviewing with the Bengals is simple:  They saw what you did to Jack Del Rio and they don’t want to work for you because of it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 04:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Do it, Zac!  Swallow your pride, pick up the phone, and call Jack Del Rio back.  Apologize.  Grovel.  Tell him you made a terrible decision and you will regret it until death.  Offer him whatever it takes to make him the Bengals’ defensive coordinator.  He was the best candidate, he wanted the job, and you turned him down — and you’ll regret it if you don’t hire him.

The reason, Zac, potential defensive coordinators are fleeing from interviewing with the Bengals is simple:  They saw what you did to Jack Del Rio and they don’t want to work for you because of it.

Who says Del Rio was the best candidate, fans who are not privy to what is said inside the buildings? Panic
Reply/Quote
It'd take some pride-swallowing, but JDR does look like the best candidate out there based on past performance. With so many young and unproven coaches on offense, they could use an experienced steady hand on the other side of the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 04:58 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Who says Del Rio was the best candidate, fans who are not privy to what is said inside the buildings? Panic

It would have been really nice, to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting, wouldn't it?  From an appearances standpoint, along with the court of public opinion, bringing in a household name such as Jack Del Rio would have given the new look Bengals coaching regime instant status and credibility.  

Like you said, we don't know what was said in the meeting.  What we do know is that the Bengals Management team was completely sold on Zac Taylor, and that putting the staff together is his call.  If the team management has at least that much faith in Taylor, then I will have to respect his decision to pass on Del Rio.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 04:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The reason, Zac, potential defensive coordinators are fleeing from interviewing with the Bengals is simple:  They saw what you did to Jack Del Rio and they don’t want to work for you because of it.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  People aren't interviewing because they didn't hire someone else for the job?

Lots of reasons are coming into play right now for each person.  I can guarantee you that not having already hired Jack Del Rio is not one of them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 04:58 PM)Earendil Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Lmao! My thoughts on listening to FIK on this one. THE PUG FACE!!! lol

No offense to FIK but to say coaches are fleeing the Bengals is fake news.

We are picking through them and no one has fit what Zac wants including Del Rio.

(02-16-2019, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It would have been really nice, to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting, wouldn't it?  From an appearances standpoint, along with the court of public opinion, bringing in a household name such as Jack Del Rio would have given the new look Bengals coaching regime instant status and credibility.  

Like you said, we don't know what was said in the meeting.  What we do know is that the Bengals Management team was completely sold on Zac Taylor, and that putting the staff together is his call.  If the team management has at least that much faith in Taylor, then I will have to respect his decision to pass on Del Rio.

Yes, Del Rio was my favorite option but evidently he just didn't fit with what Taylor wanted to do.

Have to respect the new coaches decision. We will see soon enough who the DC is.

LB coach i think will be a very underrated hire and will be interested to see who the DL coach is as well.

Think our D-line underperformed big time last season under Burney. We all know how i felt about Haslett.
Reply/Quote
Read on another board that Ian Rapoport was on Cowherd saying us "turning him down" was over his salary demands. As long as it's not a stupid amount for a DC and Taylor sees it as a fit, I hope they'd save face and pony up.
Reply/Quote
How many teams over the last 2 years have beat down Del Rio's door trying to land him as their DC?

Hell, we had a DC opening last year...and Marvin didn't bring in Del Rio either.

I'm not opposed to Del Rio as the DC if Taylor wanted him, but this infatuation for the guy is getting a little weird.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 07:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: How many teams over the last 2 years have down Del Rio's door trying to land him as their DC?

Hell, we had a DC opening last year...and Marvin didn't bring in Del Rio either.

I'm not opposed to Del Rio as the DC if Taylor wanted him, but this infatuation for the guy is getting a little weird.  Nervous

And they're supposedly buddies.

Weird about the silence about Pleasant though, huh?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 07:20 PM)McC Wrote: And they're supposedly buddies.

Weird about the silence about Pleasant though, huh?

Yeah, I'm curious about what happened with Pleasant.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 07:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I'm curious about what happened with Pleasant.

His name was on the very first list and seemed to be high on that list.

Don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't mind hearing a little something from Zac on all this. It didn't take him long to weigh in on Turner.

Seems like it would be a good time for a little PR.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Can't call JDR back and say "Hey, we made a mistake". It would put Taylor in a weak position and JDR will walk all over him.

Now, if Rappaport is correct about JDR asking for to much money, Taylor could call him back and say, "Have you given any thought to our offer? We may come up a little but you are wanting way to much." and go from there.

Also, what if JDR's agent is calling around to other agents making it hard on the Bengals to hire a DC and the forcing the Bengals to give JDR what he wants?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 08:29 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Can't call JDR back and say "Hey, we made a mistake". It would put Taylor in a weak position and JDR will walk all over him.

Now, if Rappaport is correct about JDR asking for to much money, Taylor could call him back and say, "Have you given any thought to our offer? We may come up a little but you are wanting way to much." and go from there.

Also, what if JDR's agent is calling around to other agents making it hard on the Bengals to hire a DC and the forcing the Bengals to give JDR what he wants?

Taylor and Del Rio are both with LaMonte.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 09:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Taylor and Del Rio are both with LaMonte.

But the Bengals will be paying him, not Taylor.
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 06:54 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Read on another board that Ian Rapoport was on Cowherd saying us "turning him down" was over his salary demands. As long as it's not a stupid amount for a DC and Taylor sees it as a fit, I hope they'd save face and pony up.

IF that's the case...then Wow.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 10:15 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: But the Bengals will be paying him, not Taylor.

So, you think LaMonte is going to badmouth the Bengals, who currently employ 2 of his clients (Taylor and Callahan) so that they'll be forced to hire another client in Del Rio?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 10:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, you think LaMonte is going to badmouth the Bengals, who currently employ 2 of his clients (Taylor and Callahan) so that they'll be forced to hire another client in Del Rio?

Yeah, that would defy logic, wouldn't it?

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 10:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, you think LaMonte is going to badmouth the Bengals, who currently employ 2 of his clients (Taylor and Callahan) so that they'll be forced to hire another client in Del Rio?

LET ME HAVE MY CONSPIRACY THEORY!
Reply/Quote
I don't know if Zac Taylor knows about this board or not, but I think he would look at these posts and laugh. I'm sure things are fine and the media is overhyping as they always do when it comes to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote