Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#^%#.... Call Peko
We definitely need a guy that can at least hold his own in the run game. That way Defenders are missing tackles closer to the line of scrimmage, at least it looks better.
Reply/Quote
How can Atkins be this hurt without even playing a game? I'll never understand it...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 07:56 PM)Tony Wrote: How can Atkins be this hurt without even playing a game? I'll never understand it...

Probably from lifting...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 08:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably from lifting...

Or from years of swim moves, rip moves and such.  Not all of them go flawlessly, and the shoulder joint takes a little more wear and tear with every rep in a lineman's career.  Had he had a full and proper offseason with OTAs, preseason games, etc., he likely would have had time to get back into condition for contact play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or from years of swim moves, rip moves and such.  Not all of them go flawlessly, and the shoulder joint takes a little more wear and tear with every rep in a lineman's career.  Had he had a full and proper offseason with OTAs, preseason games, etc., he likely would have had time to get back into condition for contact play.

True, well said as usual Sunset. Geno has worked his ass off in his career no question. Works harder than most otherwise he 
wouldn't be in consideration for the HOF. I could see how those swim and rip moves can take a toll.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 08:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, well said as usual Sunset. Geno has worked his ass off in his career no question. Works harder than most otherwise he 
wouldn't be in consideration for the HOF. I could see how those swim and rip moves can take a toll.

But, he's not THAT old, that he can't recover in time to be a full force for 10 games or more.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, he's not THAT old, that he can't recover in time to be a full force for 10 games or more.

Totally agree. Happy he is practicing.

Still, need another NT to back up Reader, don't know why we aren't getting someone.

Covington got banged up too and Daniels is a no go Sunday. We are thin at DT.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Totally agree. Happy he is practicing.

Still, need another NT to back up Reader, don't know why we aren't getting someone.

Covington got banged up too and Daniels is a no go Sunday. We are thin at DT.

I agree with everyone saying "go get Peko".  He's durable, experienced, and can still absorb two blockers when he's not winded.  He's a perfect guy to rotate with Reader.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with everyone saying "go get Peko".  He's durable, experienced, and can still absorb two blockers when he's not winded.  He's a perfect guy to rotate with Reader.

...And he stays healthy and I have been called a Peko hater before. But completely agree, "go get Peko".
Reply/Quote
I think Peko turned us down that’s why we went with Daniels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 05:33 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I think Peko turned us down that’s why we went with Daniels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't the same type of DT's, Daniels is more of a 3-tech, Peko is a Nose Tackle.

You have no way of knowing this and why would he turn us down? He is on the street.

Bet anything he would love to come back to Cincy. He loved it there.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with everyone saying "go get Peko".  He's durable, experienced, and can still absorb two blockers when he's not winded.  He's a perfect guy to rotate with Reader.

And be a damn good leader for the young'uns. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 01:54 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: And be a damn good leader for the young'uns. 

And still is close with the remaining D line... 
Reply/Quote