Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call up Senzel
Make the move, this team needs a shot in the arm !

Lets face it Schebler is just off right now and Peraza can't be the leadoff guy. Put Winker in left, Senzel in center, Puig in right. Suarez 3rd, Iglesias SS, Dietrich 2B - we need his bat in the lineup, Votto 1st. And I'd start Casali more behind the plate.

Send Schebler down and Pereza on the bench until Scooter gets back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's almost time . . . Senzel is still coming back from injury and getting up to the speed of the game.

I've been ready to move on from Schebler for awhile now. He's behind almost every fastball he sees.

I like Dietrich's bat but his defense is painful to watch. I'd put Peraza at lead off for a few games to see if I can get him jump started. Remember, he started off slow last year and then had the second most hits by a Reds SS in a single season. That means that HOF Barry Larkin only had one season where he had more base hits than Peraza produced in 2018.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 10:06 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It's almost time . . . Senzel is still coming back from injury and getting up to the speed of the game.

I've been ready to move on from Schebler for awhile now. He's behind almost every fastball he sees.

I like Dietrich's bat but his defense is painful to watch. I'd put Peraza at lead off for a few games to see if I can get him jump started. Remember, he started off slow last year and then had the second most hits by a Reds SS in a single season. That means that HOF Barry Larkin only had one season where he had more base hits than Peraza produced in 2018.

Yes Schebler for whatever reasons just isn't getting it done at the plate. We can't have an everyday player hitting a buck30 and leading the team in strikeouts a month into the season. Pull the plug

I do believe Peraza will come around but right now he's just not lead off material. He's batting .182 with ONE walk. OB% is .203

This team despite the 12 run game the other night is still in the depths of a giant slump on offense. They would be in 1st place with any offense at all. They've got to make some moves, now ! June will be to late

Votto has to get more aggressive ! Couple games ago he took a 3 pitch strikeout looking and two of the pitches were right down the middle, never took more than one little check swing. What is he waiting on ? I don't know the answer for him but I don't think its lead off.

I fully agree on Dietrich on D but they've got to get these bats going somehow.
Reply/Quote
Even worse than Schebler is Puig. He is all talk. I would go for Senzel replacing either guy.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 02:11 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Even worse than Schebler is Puig. He is all talk. I would go for Senzel replacing either guy.

Puig is a top end talent if he could get his head screwed on straight ! The Dodgers couldn't do it, can we ?

He hit a ball week or so ago I forget which game ? He stood there for a second and took the HR hop step and went into the HR trot, problem was it was off the wall. What could have been a double or even triple was just a single. All those little things like that add up to extra L's

I've seen him a couple times this season with very lack luster runs to first base and I wouldn't tolerate that at all. I hope somebody can get to him before he wears out his welcome here.
Reply/Quote
Puig is leading the Reds in RBI with 15. Yeah, he has concentration issues but he has always been hot and cold and is starting to heat it up. He's had some awesome at bats also. He just fought back from 0-2, fouled off a few and then drew a walk in the first inning. He's had several at bats like that so far this season. That has been a pleasant surprise. Plus his defense has always been pretty stellar.

I have no idea what to do with Votto. He just does not have the aggressiveness you need to be a #3 hitter. Last year he had a dramatic 9th inning bases loaded double with two outs against Cleveland . . . the thing is, he only had that moment because the pitcher forced him to swing. Two pitches before Votto took a 3-1 fastball right down the middle and he was already pulling the bat to his side and dragging his feet in the dirt in the box as the pitch was on it's way to the plate. He has a pu$$y mentality that you can't have as a #3 hitter. You can't have your #3 hitter looking for a way to walk and shift the pressure onto your teammate who is up next. Plus, he sure as hell doesn't run the bases like a guy that's always leading the league in on base percentage, he runs the bases like a relief pitcher that never gets on base. Clumsy on defense . . . I'm very tired of the Votto act and can't wait until the Reds are out from underneath that contract.

I know he's struggling, but Peraza is probably the fastest Reds player right now and he needs a shot of confidence. I want him to lead off because I HATE having the pitcher batting 8th. The whole idea of the double switch is to put the pitcher spot further along in the lineup. You increase your chances of having to bat for your pitcher if the spot comes up sooner. It just doesn't make any sense to me and you're going to have trouble trying to convince me to buy into that mentality.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 04:31 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Puig is leading the Reds in RBI with 15. Yeah, he has concentration issues but he has always been hot and cold and is starting to heat it up. He's had some awesome at bats also. He just fought back from 0-2, fouled off a few and then drew a walk in the first inning. He's had several at bats like that so far this season. That has been a pleasant surprise. Plus his defense has always been pretty stellar.

I have no idea what to do with Votto. He just does not have the aggressiveness you need to be a #3 hitter. Last year he had a dramatic 9th inning bases loaded double with two outs against Cleveland . . . the thing is, he only had that moment because the pitcher forced him to swing. Two pitches before Votto took a 3-1 fastball right down the middle and he was already pulling the bat to his side and dragging his feet in the dirt in the box as the pitch was on it's way to the plate. He has a pu$$y mentality that you can't have as a #3 hitter. You can't have your #3 hitter looking for a way to walk and shift the pressure onto your teammate who is up next. Plus, he sure as hell doesn't run the bases like a guy that's always leading the league in on base percentage, he runs the bases like a relief pitcher that never gets on base. Clumsy on defense . . . I'm very tired of the Votto act and can't wait until the Reds are out from underneath that contract.

I know he's struggling, but Peraza is probably the fastest Reds player right now and he needs a shot of confidence. I want him to lead off because I HATE having the pitcher batting 8th. The whole idea of the double switch is to put the pitcher spot further along in the lineup. You increase your chances of having to bat for your pitcher if the spot comes up sooner. It just doesn't make any sense to me and you're going to have trouble trying to convince me to buy into that mentality.

I'm getting there quick myself.

Like I stated in another thread couple months ago:

Bottom of the 8th runners on 1st and 2nd, two outs and we're down by 2. Votto comes to the plate and gets a five pitch walk with 3 of the pitches an inch from the strike zone and very hitable. Next batter pops up inning over. We don't need more base runners there Joey we need you to knock the cover off the ball, swing the damn bat !!!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 04:31 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I know he's struggling, but Peraza is probably the fastest Reds player right now and he needs a shot of confidence. I want him to lead off because I HATE having the pitcher batting 8th. The whole idea of the double switch is to put the pitcher spot further along in the lineup. You increase your chances of having to bat for your pitcher if the spot comes up sooner. It just doesn't make any sense to me and you're going to have trouble trying to convince me to buy into that mentality.

Well Peraza is leading off tonight and he has an RBI double. Reds up 4-0 so far in the 2nd.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 12:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Make the move, this team needs a shot in the arm !

Lets face it Schebler is just off right now and Peraza can't be the leadoff guy. Put Winker in left, Senzel in center, Puig in right. Suarez 3rd, Iglesias SS, Dietrich 2B - we need his bat in the lineup, Votto 1st. And I'd start Casali more behind the plate.

Send Schebler down and Pereza on the bench until Scooter gets back.

There is something about May 15th.  I'm not 100 % sure, but many minors get brought up after May 15th every year in MLB.  I'm guessing it adds to option status or something.   Look for Reds to make some moves May 15th as will other teams.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 09:51 PM)kevin Wrote: There is something about May 15th.  I'm not 100 % sure, but many minors get brought up after May 15th every year in MLB.  I'm guessing it adds to option status or something.   Look for Reds to make some moves May 15th as will other teams.  

One of the 700 radio guys was saying today he'd bet anything he'll be brought up before the 11th of May. Perhaps the home stand against the Giants.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 02:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Puig is a top end talent if he could get his head screwed on straight ! The Dodgers couldn't do it, can we ?

He hit a ball week or so ago I forget which game ? He stood there for a second and took the HR hop step and went into the HR trot, problem was it was off the wall. What could have been a double or even triple was just a single. All those little things like that add up to extra L's

I've seen him a couple times this season with very lack luster runs to first base and I wouldn't tolerate that at all. I hope somebody can get to him before he wears out his welcome here.

I’m not a Puig fan. There were just too many people saying bad things about him to not have some truth to it. I gave him a chance until his comment on trying harder in a contract year, maybe he should try a little less. I kinda figured he would have a bad year with as hard as the Reds hyped him. There’s obviously still time to turn it around but most of us older guys like the high effort guys.
Reply/Quote
Paraza is fine at leadoff right now hitting .350 this past week. He's really the only Reds player hitting over his weight. That's not denying his slow start, but he's hitting great finally.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/nick-senzel-to-be-called-up-by-reds

Looks like he's on his way
Reply/Quote
I can see it already.. Senzel won't play regular CF and we'll continue to see Schebler trotted out there game after game with Nick riding the proverbial pine then sent back to Louisville on the grounds that he's not getting enough AB's while Schebler continues to hit under my cats weight. 
This is one time I truly hope I'm dead wrong.
While there's no guarantee Senzel will hit anywhere near .350 there is more than ample evidence that Schebler won't either.
I'm beginning to wonder when and if Scooter will get back in the lineup any time before the ASB..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 12:14 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m not a Puig fan. There were just too many people saying bad things about him to not have some truth to it. I gave him a chance until his comment on trying harder in a contract year, maybe he should try a little less. I kinda figured he would have a bad year with as hard as the Reds hyped him. There’s obviously still time to turn it around but most of us older guys like the high effort guys.

One thing you cannot deny about Puig is the cannon he has from RF and he plays pretty good D.. Unfortunately that BA is in uncharted territory for him along with several others. Never underestimate the hype machine that is the media. I've definitely grown weary of his near daily Cut4 appearances.. I wonder if Jesse makes the Cut by just being Jesse.. Edit: He did make the cut.. I doubt even the NY media can be too mad at him.. I still worry some disgruntled pitcher will take him wrong.. https://www.mlb.com/cut4/winker-waves-to-mets-fans-after-winning-catch

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: I can see it already.. Senzel won't play regular CF and we'll continue to see Schebler trotted out there game after game with Nick riding the proverbial pine then sent back to Louisville on the grounds that he's not getting enough AB's while Schebler continues to hit under my cats weight. 
While there's no guarantee Senzel will hit anywhere near .350 there is more than ample evidence that Schebler won't either.
I'm beginning to wonder when and if Scooter will get back in the lineup any time before the ASB..

I'm very ready to see Schebler sent down. I'm not sure he could hit a beach ball right now ?
Reply/Quote
I am so stoked for tomorrow!!!

The end of Scott Schebler being a regular is a blessing for this team and this offense which is truly pathetic right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: I can see it already.. Senzel won't play regular CF and we'll continue to see Schebler trotted out there game after game with Nick riding the proverbial pine then sent back to Louisville on the grounds that he's not getting enough AB's while Schebler continues to hit under my cats weight. 

I think that Senzel will start ASAP and get nearly all of the playing time.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:59 AM)grampahol Wrote: One thing you cannot deny about Puig is the cannon he has from RF and he plays pretty good D.. Unfortunately that BA is in uncharted territory for him along with several others. Never underestimate the hype machine that is the media. I've definitely grown weary of his near daily Cut4 appearances.. I wonder if Jesse makes the Cut by just being Jesse.. Edit: He did make the cut.. I doubt even the NY media can be too mad at him.. I still worry some disgruntled pitcher will take him wrong.. https://www.mlb.com/cut4/winker-waves-to-mets-fans-after-winning-catch

He does have a cannon for an arm but I don’t think that he fields that great. He does make some great plays and then follows it up with a terrible play. His fielding isn’t consistent. He seems like hype because of his wacky personality, hopefully he’s more than that. I see zero reason to want to extend him at this point.
Reply/Quote
Senzel debuts tonight. Would be great to see him have a great night and hit a home run. However, I must remember he has not seen MLB pitching yet.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote