Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan Interview
Dave Lapham interviewed Callahan today:

- Callahan broke down the sacks: 2 on Center, 2 on RB and 1 on TE/OC (Callahan blamed himself partly for calling the wrong protection on the Sample sack).

- They noted Bengals ran 2 TE more and a lot less shotgun

- Only one minus yardage run all day (the Chase Jet Sweep where it did not flow out correctly).

- The game winning 4th down pass: designed TE rub play, one of 2-3 Burrow had to choose from, confirmed Burrow audibled to it out of a run.

- Impact of Evan McPherson on play calling. Per Callahan his leg lets them add 10 -15 yards to field goal range in play calling thinking.

Short but informative.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think, before the game, most people would have taken the Oline only being responsible for 2 sacks and seen it as improvement.
Reply/Quote
I thought they used that Jet Sweep to early and wish they used the jet motion more on the RB handoffs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 08:23 PM)Synric Wrote: I thought they used that Jet Sweep to early and wish they used the jet motion more on the RB handoffs.

I’d like to see an orbit screen off it.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 08:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: I think, before the game, most people would have taken the Oline only being responsible for 2 sacks and seen it as improvement.

..and for those 2 sacks to be .vs. our center who was first game back post serious knee injury, surgery.

I thought it was really encouraging. As long as Trey Hopkins is healthy we know he's a good quality starter so only see that improving.

In Frank we trust
Reply/Quote
Trey Hopkins went from being our best lineman last year to our worst lineman this year after one game. I’d say this is a really good sign moving forward. I think it was all rust with Hopkins and he will get back to where he was the last few years. We were facing one of the toughest fronts we’ll probably see all year other than the Steelers and Browns. Can’t wait to see how well this line will continue to improve.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 08:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: Dave Lapham interviewed Callahan today:

- Callahan broke down the sacks: 2 on Center, 2 on RB and 1 on TE/OC (Callahan blamed himself partly for calling the wrong protection on the Sample sack).

- They noted Bengals ran 2 TE more and a lot less shotgun

- Only one minus yardage run all day (the Chase Jet Sweep where it did not flow out correctly).

- The game winning 4th down pass: designed TE rub play, one of 2-3 Burrow had to choose from, confirmed Burrow audibled to it out of a run.

- Impact of Evan McPherson on play calling. Per Callahan his leg lets them add 10 -15 yards to field goal range in play calling thinking.

Short but informative.

so is callahan calling plays now...?  the guy in the booth gave him credit on a play.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 11:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: so is callahan calling plays now...?  the guy in the booth gave him credit on a play.

If so, that would explain why things went so much better and would also give hope that it will continue for the rest of the season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
So wait, Callihan is calling the plays?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 12:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If so, that would explain why things went so much better and would also give hope that it will continue for the rest of the season.

This! 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 12:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If so, that would explain why things went so much better and would also give hope that it will continue for the rest of the season.

I don't think Moose studies up enough on the Bengals to know...lol. I saw Zac with the play sheet numerous times, and then using it to cover his mouth while talking into the headset.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think Moose studies up enough on the Bengals to know...lol. I saw Zac with the play sheet numerous times, and then using it to cover his mouth while talking into the headset.

Zac is still calling plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Zac is still calling plays.

What I figured.... Johnston just made an assumption when he said that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think Moose studies up enough on the Bengals to know...lol. I saw Zac with the play sheet numerous times, and then using it to cover his mouth while talking into the headset.

[Image: 3n4ee4.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: What I figured.... Johnston just made an assumption when he said that.

okay its what i thought they just gave credit to the OC....

But didnt know if they knew something i didnt lol
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 01:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: Zac is still calling plays.

Yeah, I get the idea that Callahan is involved in game planning and offensive development, but that Zac calls all the plays.

Can's see Callahan calling the 4th and one on our 30...
Reply/Quote