Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan Says Burrow is Becoming Like A Coach!
(06-30-2023, 06:42 PM)Housh Wrote: The elephant in the room is Burrow throwing 2 INT last AFCG and then the crazy games where he throws 4-5 int in one game. Mahommes does t have those outliers to my knowledge

But Mahommes also never had a line as bad as ours was 2020-2023 so it’s even

Mahomes threw 2 ints in the 2nd half in the '21 AFCCG and they lost. He's only thrown as many as 3 in one game 3 times and he's 2-1 in those games. The one he lost was the crazy Monday night game against the Rams. 

Burrow has thrown 3 ints once @bears and lost that game, then threw 4 against Pitt last year and lost that game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mahomes threw 2 ints in the 2nd half in the '21 AFCCG and they lost. He's only thrown as many as 3 in one game 3 times and he's 2-1 in those games. The one he lost was the crazy Monday night game against the Rams. 

Burrow has thrown 3 ints once @bears and lost that game, then threw 4 against Pitt last year and lost that game. 

Special teams lost the stealers game…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 04:17 AM)SladeX Wrote: Special teams lost the stealers game…

Oh, i wasn't putting the blame on him, just replying to what seemed like a mis-statement with the "elephant in the room".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Both the Stealer and Cowboy losses really went back to the lack of snaps together for the starters - for instance that game was literally the first live snaps as a unit for the OL.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 01:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: Both the Stealer and Cowboy losses really went back to the lack of snaps together for the starters - for instance that game was literally the first live snaps as a unit for the OL.

Steelers oh my. Should have won if not for missed extra point. But 4 INT and 7 freaking sacks? Lost on a last second FG. Dallas? 6 sacks? But Joey B was not ready either and both losses on last second FG’s.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 01:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: Both the Stealer and Cowboy losses really went back to the lack of snaps together for the starters - for instance that game was literally the first live snaps as a unit for the OL.

(07-01-2023, 02:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Steelers oh my. Should have won if not for missed extra point. But 4 INT and 7 freaking sacks? Lost on a last second FG. Dallas? 6 sacks? But Joey B was not ready either and both losses on last second FG’s.

Yes, the Burrow appendectomy and the new OL with no chemistry made those 2 L's.

We were simply not ready to play early in the season. Hope this year we start out hot for once under Taylor with Burrow actually 
healthy and the OL with some continuity together. The Safeties need to get a lot of practice together and even some Preseason 
experience to gain trust so they aren't a weakness early in the season. Love Dax Hill's upside, Nick Scott was a good add and 
Jordan Battle could be a stud down the road too, but there should be growing pains here.

Chido is looking really good in all the vids thank God and CTB should be much better this year. 

Adding Myles Murphy to the pass rush has me excited for the Defense if our Safeties can lock down the back end. They have the
speed no doubt about that. We probably have the fastest Secondary in the NFL going into this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 02:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Steelers oh my. Should have won if not for missed extra point. But 4 INT and 7 freaking sacks? Lost on a last second FG. Dallas? 6 sacks? But Joey B was not ready either and both losses on last second FG’s.

Agreed, between the OL being essentially a brand new crew and Burrow still on the mend from the appendectomy the team still was still right there with a couple of talented teams.  I suspect that the Bengals will get off to a better start this season, simply because of continuity on the OL.  And that will be a good thing, as they should be able to put up points while the defense settles in a retooled secondary.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, the Burrow appendectomy and the new OL with no chemistry made those 2 L's.

We were simply not ready to play early in the season. Hope this year we start out hot for once under Taylor with Burrow actually 
healthy and the OL with some continuity together. The Safeties need to get a lot of practice together and even some Preseason 
experience to gain trust so they aren't a weakness early in the season. Love Dax Hill's upside, Nick Scott was a good add and 
Jordan Battle could be a stud down the road too, but there should be growing pains here.

Chido is looking really good in all the vids thank God and CTB should be much better this year. 

Adding Myles Murphy to the pass rush has me excited for the Defense if our Safeties can lock down the back end. They have the
speed no doubt about that. We probably have the fastest Secondary in the NFL going into this season.

Chido still has 10 weeks before first game as do Collins and Jonah. I know you are in the camp the safeties will be fine. I like the athleticism but let’s be honest Nick Scott was 78th best safety and a lowly 54.2 PFF grade. I think he’s better than that but paired w/ Dax’s inexperience I’m concerned early.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 03:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Chido still has 10 weeks before first game as do Collins and Jonah. I know you are in the camp the safeties will be fine. I like the athleticism but let’s be honest Nick Scott was 78th best safety and a lowly 54.2 PFF grade. I think he’s better than that but paired w/ Dax’s inexperience I’m concerned early.

Unless Battle is just overly exceptional at camp i don’t see him taking Nick Scott’s minutes. Lou and Zac wanted Scott for a reason so idc about his Rams rank honestly. They must know what he can do.

Those safety spots are likely gonna have totally different assignments than when Vonn and Jessie were here. I expect way less free roaming from Dax and Scott than Bates and Bell. At least until Dax learns the position fully
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 05:10 PM)Housh Wrote: Unless Battle is just overly exceptional at camp i don’t see him taking Nick Scott’s minutes. Lou and Zac wanted Scott for a reason so idc about his Rams rank honestly. They must know what he can do.

Those safety spots are likely gonna have totally different assignments than when Vonn and Jessie were here. I expect way less free roaming from Dax and Scott than Bates and Bell. At least until Dax learns the position fully

I’m not worried about them rounding into shape ( not physical shape) but when will that happen?

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 05:10 PM)Housh Wrote: Unless Battle is just overly exceptional at camp i don’t see him taking Nick Scott’s minutes. Lou and Zac wanted Scott for a reason so idc about his Rams rank honestly. They must know what he can do.

Which is why I said that it's a good thing that the OL will have some continuity this year, as the offense will need to put up some points while the retooled secondary finds it's footing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Which is why I said that it's a good thing that the OL will have some continuity this year, as the offense will need to put up some points while the retooled secondary finds it's footing.

Honestly i was beginning to think we let Jessie do whatever he wanted on plays.

Like obviously he’d adhere to the call such as cover 2, 3 or whatever but i feel like he had green light to do whatever he wanted the last free years.

I’m going to miss Bates. The way he was able to cover the whole fields
From deep 3rd was special and a lot of ppl here criminally underrated that ability. Last guy we had that was even close was Reggie Nelson.

Lucky for us Dax is of an athletic build like Reggie so hopefully he can channel that coverage ability
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 07:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Honestly i was beginning to think we let Jessie do whatever he wanted on plays.

Like obviously he’d adhere to the call such as cover 2, 3 or whatever but i feel like he had green light to do whatever he wanted the last free years.

I’m going to miss Bates. The way he was able to cover the whole fields
From deep 3rd was special and a lot of ppl here criminally underrated that ability. Last guy we had that was even close was Reggie Nelson.

Lucky for us Dax is of an athletic build like Reggie so hopefully he can channel that coverage ability

Yes, it will take a while for the new Safeties to develop into the same level of trust as Bates and Bell.  The good news is that we have a fantastic DC, whose mind came from a DBs coach's point of view.  Coach Lou has done fantastic so far, I have full trust that he will not only be able to integrate the new Safeties, but have them playing with confidence before the midpoint of the season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 03:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Chido still has 10 weeks before first game as do Collins and Jonah. I know you are in the camp the safeties will be fine. I like the athleticism but let’s be honest Nick Scott was 78th best safety and a lowly 54.2 PFF grade. I think he’s better than that but paired w/ Dax’s inexperience I’m concerned early.

As you know I understand the concerns early for the new Safeties.

I think in the end they could be better than what we had last year though in a Jessie Bates playing not to get hurt and a slower
Vonn Bell, but it will take time. Nick Scott's PFF grade doesn't equate to his play, rather the freelancing of the Corner that AJ Green
gave the headlock to years ago. 

When you have a rogue Corner doing whatever he wants? Zone/Man whenever it suits him it messes with the entire Secondary.

This doesn't happen under Lou Anarumo. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Y’all wanna how i know Burrows contraxt is probably done in principal they are just trying to see if they want to shave some money off for future signings?

Because this isn’t some shit you say about a guy you are in active negotiations with. This would raise the price
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 03:32 PM)Housh Wrote: Y’all wanna how i know Burrows contraxt is probably done in principal they are just trying to see if they want to shave some money off for future signings?

Because this isn’t some shit you say about a guy you are in active negotiations with. This would raise the price

Well the Mixon re-structure is happening soon too from what I am hearing.

They are going to move the dough around to make whatever Burrow wants happens for sure.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow on Ja’Marr Chase: You won’t be a great team if your best players aren’t close
* By
* Myles Simmons
Published July 11, 2023 09:59 AM

The connection between quarterback Joe Burrow and receiver Ja’Marr Chase has been clear and obvious since the two played together at LSU.
It easily transferred over to the NFL once the Bengals drafted Chase at No. 5 overall in 2021, with the receiver winning offensive rookie of the year and helping the club reach Super Bowl LVI.
Burrow recently said his friendship with Chase is a large part of what’s made the duo successful.
“We have a strong bond off the field and that translates onto the field. I think everybody can see that,” Burrow said in an interview with Kameron Hay of Complex Sports published on Monday. “And you’re not going to be a great team if your best players aren’t close, trust each other and work really hard. And I think as a team, all of our guys that are in that position have those traits.”
But the closeness isn’t just between Burrow and Chase, as the quarterback said there are strong relationships all over the club.

“I think also our guys understand how critical it is that you build that bond off the field,” Burrow said. “Not just quarterback and receiver, but we have our defensive guys hanging out with offensive guys and vice versa. And I think it’s kind of rare. So we work really hard to establish that trust and that bond because our guys know how critical that is to winning every day.”
Cincinnati’s last two seasons have ended in disappointment with losses in the Super Bowl and the AFC Championship Game. But with a team that has grown together in recent years, the Bengals have as good a chance as any team to hoist the Lombardi Trophy in February.

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2023, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As you know I understand the concerns early for the new Safeties.

I think in the end they could be better than what we had last year though in a Jessie Bates playing not to get hurt and a slower
Vonn Bell, but it will take time. Nick Scott's PFF grade doesn't equate to his play, rather the freelancing of the Corner that AJ Green
gave the headlock to years ago. 

When you have a rogue Corner doing whatever he wants? Zone/Man whenever it suits him it messes with the entire Secondary.

This doesn't happen under Lou Anarumo. Mellow

the new safties will be faster for sure but will they be as football smart. i have worries
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 02:19 PM)Leon Wrote: the new safties will be faster for sure but will they be as football smart. i have worries

According to Lou all these guys are smart as well including Jordan Battle. We brought in Nick Scott for a reason.

Love Dax Hill, I know he wasn't pleased by his play as a rookie in the little bit of snaps he got.

It will take time though no question.
Reply/Quote